Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: New way of IV breeding! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1440052-new-way-of-iv-breeding/

Author:   Shapeshifter
Date:   Oct 27, 09 at 11:59am (PST)
Subject:   New way of IV breeding!
-------------------------------------------
Basically, it works like this:
(in my own words)

If a parent has 31 speed IVs and you want to pass it on to the baby, you give the parent a Power Anklet (the power item for speed) and the baby will DEFINITELY get the 31 IVs in speed.
Sadly, if they are holding a power item, the mother cant hold an everstone, so the 50% chance of getting the mothers nature is gone.

Source: Serebii
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/breeding.shtml

Seems really cool to me.

Author:   w111j
Date:   Oct 27, 09 at 1:58pm (PST)
Subject:   re: New way of IV breeding!
Yeah, that does sound cool. Also, you missed a fact. The IV transfer items, works of both parents. So the father can transfer IV's in the same way. As stated on Serebii.net.

Author:   Linnie
Date:   Oct 27, 09 at 10:28pm (PST)
Hmm...and they have random stats without it, correct? Otherwise, you could get a male and female with 31 IVs, and slowly but surely create a Pokémon that has Max IVs in every stat?

Thus, completely ending what was left of competitive battling (because not everyone uses Pokésav).

Author:   Elliot Gale
Date:   Oct 27, 09 at 10:31pm (PST)
Oh my god.

This is exactly what I was suggesting way back.

But the fact that you can't rig IVs and Nature at the same time sucks horribly.

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Oct 27, 09 at 10:37pm (PST)
Just keep popping out male baby Pokemon and do some inbreeding. Problem solved.

Date:   Oct 28, 09 at 2:26pm (PST)
OMG!! Reenee's alive!! I thought you left Neo? So, what brought you back here? The people? The places?

Author:   Croka
Date:   Oct 28, 09 at 6:03pm (PST)

quote w111j
OMG!! Reenee's alive!! I thought you left Neo? So, what brought you back here? The people? The places?
He didn't left neo. He doesn't moderate anymore, that's it.

Date:   Oct 28, 09 at 6:45pm (PST)
quote CroKa
quote w111j
He didn't left neo. He doesn't moderate anymore, that's it.
OK. Everyone made it out like he was leaving Neo for some reason. Sorry about that.

Author:   Superboop
Date:   Oct 29, 09 at 11:43am (PST)
The problem about this IV thing is, how do you get those power items?

There's got to be a way other than getting chored to collect BPs.

Author:   Croka
Date:   Oct 29, 09 at 4:56pm (PST)

quote Superboop

Unfortunately, there isn't.

But because HG/SS are games that are easier than other versions:
[ e.g. You can catch Metang & Chimeco & Feebas, that in Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire were very hard to find. ]

You can go to Trainer Cafe and Battle trainers and if you defeat them you'll get 1 BP.

Date:   Oct 29, 09 at 7:02pm (PST)
quote CroKa

quote Superboop

Unfortunately, there isn't.

But because HG/SS are games that are easier than other versions:
[ e.g. You can catch Metang & Chimeco & Feebas, that in Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire were very hard to find. ]

You can go to Trainer Cafe and Battle trainers and if you defeat them you'll get 1 BP.

I believe that you are refering to the Trainer House? Yes, that is how it works. And the more people you meet with your pokewalker, the more trainers there are in the Trainer House, up to a limit, but I can't remember what that is. There is always one there at the begining time that you go to the Trainer House.

Author:   Jyarra
Date:   Nov 25, 09 at 11:39pm (PST)
quote WiseLugia
Oh my god.

What about the fact that you can "lock" two stats at best? That's not anywhere near all of them/ all of them minus Attack.

I still think they should either do away with IVs all together (and leave EVs) or else just make it so that IVs are manageable in a large degree (As in, you don't need to breed for ridiculous amounts of time to get something that's "good").

Actually, I think they should leave it as is, then create a game where there is only battling and team creation. I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Date:   Nov 26, 09 at 11:44pm (PST)
quote Jyarra
quote WiseLugia
Oh my god.

What about the fact that you can "lock" two stats at best? That's not anywhere near all of them/ all of them minus Attack.

I still think they should either do away with IVs all together (and leave EVs) or else just make it so that IVs are manageable in a large degree (As in, you don't need to breed for ridiculous amounts of time to get something that's "good").

Actually, I think they should leave it as is, then create a game where there is only battling and team creation. I would buy that in a heartbeat.
You mean no training, no storyline? I believe that there are non pokemon games like that. But, all of those things and more is what helps make Pokemon, Pokemon.

Author:   Jyarra
Date:   Nov 27, 09 at 2:56am (PST)
I'm well aware of the existence of clients like Shoddybattle, but I'm sure Nintendo could make a spiffy version of that with some nice graphics (well, for their system, anyway) and maybe some other resources that would make the whole experience a tad more exciting. Not to mention that theirs would have far more users than a virtually unknown web java applet.

Actually, now that I think about it, there would be absolutely no regulation on what you can and can't use as far as Pokemon go, so them making the game would probably make me angrier than them not making the game.

The Pokemon "storyline" is paper-thin. Based only on storyline I certainly wouldn't keep an interest in the series.

Compared to Pokesav/Shoddy team creation, proper in-game training simply becomes a tedious obstacle in the way of battling.

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Nov 27, 09 at 5:49am (PST)
Game Freak has already confirmed they're working on a new style of gameplay that's action-oriented.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.