Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements (Updated 9/27/2009) - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1426595-requests-feedback-suggestions-announcements-updated-9-27-2009/4.htm

Author:   InDiGo
Date:   Sep 26, 09 at 7:37pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements (Updated 9/27/2009)
-------------------------------------------
quote Zeta
@Aimkidd: You don't know *bleep* about Insanity Prevails and his experience, so don't post unless you know what your talking about. Not to mention out of all the other header entries, it was the best one.
What does my post have to do with Insanity Prevails?

With a moderator, things can be in order and supervised. I'm sure now people would react to a contest thread with the respect it deserves.

I thought these were at least better than the current one:

Edit: Look at the good entries in the original Pokemon Gold Contest. I'm sure we can still find some of the creators and ask them for their permission of use. We can even ask them to edit the game name. This is also a minor suggestion. It might sound crazy but it could work.

Author:   Zeta
Date:   Sep 26, 09 at 7:53pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements (Updated 9/27/2009)
quote Aimkidd
quote Zeta
@Aimkidd: You don't know *bleep* about Insanity Prevails and his experience, so don't post unless you know what your talking about. Not to mention out of all the other header entries, it was the best one.
quote Aimkidd
Try to find one that looks like it was made by someone with experience and not a beginner testing with gimp for ten minutes.
Insanity Prevails made the header, and has been making graphics far, far longer than said ten minutes. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but unnecessary critique and false statements is just rude and uncalled for. :\

And like I said in my previous post, the voting process should be decided by the community, not one person. What if I said I liked IP's entry better than the two you just mentioned? The header shouldn't change upon your will.

Most of those creators don't hang around the site anymore, not to mention the .psd file was probably deleted by now, seeing as it's been over 2 years. It would be hard to edit the text without the original .psd file to edit with.

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Sep 26, 09 at 8:03pm (PST)
quote Aimkidd
When you insult his work, you're talking about Insanity Prevails.

With a moderator, things can be in order and supervised. I'm sure now people would react to a contest thread with the respect it deserves.
What does that even MEAN? Having a moderator doesn't change ANYTHING. We already had 2 section moderators around that time, so what will change now that we have Reenee?

I thought these were at least better than the current one:

Those were rejected for a reason, if you'd have bothered to read my post. They don't suit the forum, and if anything look unproffesional. They tried a bit TOO hard.

Edit: Look at the good entries in the original Pokemon Gold Contest. I'm sure we can still find some of the creators and ask them for their permission of use. We can even ask them to edit the game name. This is also a minor suggestion. It might sound crazy but it could work.
Take it from a regular in Gold. They've all left. That argument is moot.

Author:   Zeta
Date:   Sep 26, 09 at 9:14pm (PST)
To be honest, I was just bored out of my mind and couldn't think of anything better to do and just threw together a header.

But seeing as IP's header has only been up for a month, I'll just save this until another header contest is held.

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Sep 27, 09 at 3:05am (PST)
Zeta, your volunteering is appreciated. The header will stay up since it would be far too soon to take it down.

Those two banners really weren't going to cut it, especially with how bland the second one is.

Banners will be voted by the community as it always has been done.

My current priority is getting the forum settled in with some good fortifications against battlements coming in from the south. Seriously, though, I need to update the rules thread with stuff I think is worthy of adding in.

I think Reenee will do a good job at making the forum it's own though, so congrats on the promotion dude.
I hope some of the stuff we're nerfing isn't going to deter visitors. Or do something later on down the line to make the forum seem "inferior" (worse yet, do something to make the Soul Silver forum look inferior!).

Author:   Benedict
Date:   Oct 01, 09 at 5:09pm (PST)
quote Reenee
-In the trade forum, have the trader set up their own thread and put all their details in the first post only.
-Deals and negotiations must be dealt within PMs.
-Nobody can respond to the threads except the OP for a once-a-day bump. That's all.
-Postcounts disabled?

Date:   Oct 01, 09 at 7:29pm (PST)
First of all, it's still an idea.

Second, posts wouldn't have been disabled. PostCOUNTS are disabled.

That defeats the whole purpose of a subforum.
You're being broad. This is the case of a trade subforum where I just wanted to give traders the opportunity to advertise themselves and have interested players not deal with the muck of reading through a thread and ultimately finding out they can't get what they were interested in. This subforum acts differently than a discussion forum.

Once more, it is an idea and it can very much use some refinement. I haven't been able to discuss this yet in the moderator forum because I've been so busy.

Author:   Shapeshifter
Date:   Oct 02, 09 at 2:36pm (PST)
Can we please have quick links to the other main pokemon forums in the header? It would be really useful.

Date:   Oct 02, 09 at 4:59pm (PST)
What about the link that says All Pokemon Forums?

Date:   Oct 03, 09 at 8:01pm (PST)
Another thread type has come to mind:

"Which x is x?" threads. I think we should lump those into one place if it's possible because we're never going to hear the end of those.

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Oct 09, 09 at 6:26pm (PST)
quote Reenee
-In the trade forum, have the trader set up their own thread and put all their details in the first post only.
-Deals and negotiations must be dealt within PMs. -
-Nobody can respond to the threads except the OP for a once-a-day bump. That's all. -
-Postcounts disabled?
That would confuse new people. They wouldn't understand why they should go into Private Message. Also, remember that Guests can't private message people, which most Trading forums allow Guests.

I think we should run the Trading forum like any other Pokemon Trading forum, really. The system works, however messy it CAN get.

quote Reenee
"Which x is x?" threads. I think we should lump those into one place if it's possible because we're never going to hear the end of those.
To be honest, I haven't seen one.

Date:   Oct 15, 09 at 7:57pm (PST)
Also, remember that Guests can't private message people, which most Trading forums allow Guests.
Which is to be considered a safeguard since someone may try to make a deal go bad so they can be IP banned.

So, allow me to make some commentary regarding the lack of activity on my part here:

I'm busy. Very busy. But that should really quell down after this coming Tuesday. I'm in college but my 8-week class ends next week so that blows Tuesdays and Thursdays wide open.

ALSO, very very shortly after I gained moderator privileges, I was able to join Neoseeker's news team as a volunteer and my submissions hit the front page (my latest article is on the full song list for the exclusive CD that is coming with DJ Hero Renegade Edition in case you want a looksee). So not only have I had to bounce my homework around (and an imminent final project that's due next Thursday), I also have to write an article and get it reviewed by members of the news team (and just about every time I submit one, I learn something new), so that can eat up 1.5 to 2 hours easily. Additionally (and I'm hoping it's pretty harmless to mention), I'm writing a review for Space Invaders Extreme 2 for the Nintendo DS. Based on my excessively thorough gameplay of an import copy, that game is definitely worth the 20 bucks it's going for come this Wednesday. :3

So, I apologize on my behalf but my time will open up within a week.

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Oct 16, 09 at 8:12pm (PST)
Good luck on the classes and the article!

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Oct 18, 09 at 4:41pm (PST)
...wtf Reenee? I guess you demoted because of Classes and such?

Author:   Matt Player Of AC
Date:   Oct 18, 09 at 6:33pm (PST)
I think Max shold read up 2 posts.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.