Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements (Updated 9/27/2009) - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1426595-requests-feedback-suggestions-announcements-updated-9-27-2009/3.htm

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 1:31am (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements (Updated 9/27/2009)
-------------------------------------------
Also, let's use this trainer card contest to bring in more users to the forum. I was thinking that people should make up their own unique design that isn't a template or based on commonly-seen cards. What say you all?

Author:   Ground
Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 1:48am (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements (Updated 9/27/2009)
A game thread might be good, but I'd like to see some more original things than the simple "Hurt n' Heal". Maybe a RP.

ALSO: We should get someone to help make the HG forum all neat n' tidy. Maybe some special colors, the background should blend with the header, too.

Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 2:00am (PST)
WHY DOES IT FEEL LIKE I'M REPLYING TO EVERY OTHER POST

Nobody be afraid to put in their thoughts or ideas!

but I'd like to see some more original things than the simple
My thoughts exactly. I'm really against all the common stuff but if there's a REALLY good or original game, I'll make an exception.

Maybe some special colors, the background should blend with the header, too.
I'm out very early from class tomorrow. I'll give it a looksee.

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 2:06am (PST)
I don't like the idea of a Hurt and Heal. As Jon said, all it is is people bringing up their post counts by putting:

+1 Chimchar
-1 Turtwig

Anyways, I wouldn't mind helping with the TC Contest Reenee.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 2:16am (PST)
I think that we should make it like the SS one color wise.

A sunset red or rose-ish red instead of the sky-blue where it lists threads, and a shade of Gold for the text.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 4:49am (PST)
I just threw the suggestion of running a Header Contest in the Soul Silver forum, so, also somewhat being a visitor here too, I feel it was only fair to throw the suggestion here to. I wouldn't mind hosting it if you gave me the go Reenee.

Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 6:06am (PST)
The current header hasn't even been up for a month I think.

Okay, so I got a request for a sprite contest as well. I can toss in a Deoxys or whatever for that one too.

Author:   Origin
Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 8:01am (PST)
It's pretty inevitable that a trainer contest will come about, and eventually the older forum's contests will die out.

Can I just ask that you don't just allow either the same people or someone unqualified to run them? If it's not too rude, it's a good idea to ask some of the older makers for their opinion; gamez expert, Ghostmember, even myself, or the top makers Artirtico/Fourthbeat.

Also, nearly every round most people in contests made their own templates, aside from the new kids. To keep up with the competition, you have to. It's unnecessary to create a new rule, because it means that low quality cards will be made by newer participants, because they don't have enough experience to understand the parts of a card. With the rules as is now, you can enter custom cards or cards based on the original templates and custom ones designed for others.

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 9:24am (PST)
I suppose if you're looking to make a game thread, you could always try and revive Who Wants To Be A Millionaire...

Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 3:08pm (PST)
With the rules as is now, you can enter custom cards or cards based on the original templates and custom ones designed for others.
I suppose we'll have to see what people come up with.

I suppose if you're looking to make a game thread, you could always try and revive Who Wants To Be A Millionaire...
Nah, that's just your common trivia thread.

Author:   Takeshi
Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 3:12pm (PST)
quote Reenee
Nah, that's just your common trivia thread.

Author:   InDiGo
Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 11:50pm (PST)
I seriously support the idea of a new header being put up. No offense to its creator but it looks really tacky and cheap. I'm pretty sure a nicer environment will promote more regulars here on the forum. I'm not saying it has to be flashy like the one in the SS forum but it has to look decent. Try to find one that looks like it was made by someone with experience and not a beginner testing with gimp for ten minutes.

The footer looks fine, though.

On a side note, I think the forum rules thread should be updated. I'm pretty sure you're probably already working on it, but if you're not, I'm just hinting at a good idea.

Author:   Symphonic Abyss
Date:   Sep 26, 09 at 6:33pm (PST)
Err...

I just got a PM asking when the game was coming out. I don't even post here that much ;-;

Mind putting it up in the header?

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Sep 26, 09 at 7:07pm (PST)
Aimkidd, before you blatantly insult the current header choice - which IS what you're doing - I suggest you take a look at the contest entries. Tell me; which one looks best? More importantly, which is the best for the forum?

I was speaking to Avalith about it at the time and he is absolutely right. The header entries were all horribly put together, and would not fit at all with the forum. So here's my question. What would be different this time?

Author:   Zeta
Date:   Sep 26, 09 at 7:32pm (PST)
Things I thought I would throw out and comment on:

Hurt and Heal: Although I don't really care much for the game, it doesn't increase your post count unless you bother posting more stuff other than "Heal - Chimchar/Hurt - Bulbasaur" Just wanted to say that.

Header/Footer Contest: If one were to be made (which I am all for) it would need to be a vote by the community on the best one. It really bugs me when three people out of the entire forum get to decide, it just doesn't seem fair at all. It is the community's forum, not those three people. For example, I love the way G&A chooses headers. click

Trainer Card/Sprite Competitions: There is all ready at least one in most of the other Pokemon Forums, the only real bonus about having one here would be activity, but whatever.

As for suggestions, I don't really have any at the moment, but I hope this forum because its own forum, and not a direct copy like all of the other Pokemon forums. I think Reenee will do a good job at making the forum it's own though, so congrats on the promotion dude.

@Aimkidd: You don't know *bleep* about Insanity Prevails and his experience, so don't post unless you know what your talking about. Not to mention out of all the other header entries, it was the best one.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.