Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements (Updated 9/27/2009) - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1426595-requests-feedback-suggestions-announcements-updated-9-27-2009/2.htm

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 3:09pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements (Updated 9/27/2009)
-------------------------------------------
I'd say yes to graphic requests but no to trainer card threads. Let's face it, they've worn out their purpose, practically everyone can do them and they're in plenty of other forums. Graphic requests play a better purpose than the [now less than impressive] trainer cards, where peoples' cards can get critiqued to the embers of hell by a judge in the manner of Simon Cowell himself.

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 4:08pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements (Updated 9/27/2009)
What if trainer cards are merged in with graphic requests?

Author:   Takeshi
Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 4:10pm (PST)

Author:   Ground
Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 4:17pm (PST)
A graphics request thred would be just for anything like banner, avatars, but it has to be pokemon related.

Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 7:00pm (PST)
quote Takeshi
    Most people are just making their own trainer cards on that one website anyway, then asking people to resize them.
Can I get a link? I'd like to see how versatile it is.

Author:   CrystalLaser
Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 7:31pm (PST)
quote Reenee
Has it been tried before? Is it against Neoseeker forum policies? Can an exception be made? It's for the sake of order and decrease postwhoring.
I'm going to go inquire about this at the moderator forum and see what they tell me. You too, Jon. *drag*

Awwww...but mod meetings are SOOOO boring! *whines*

Anyway, a graphic request thread is somewhat obvious, but can't we just put trainer cards in along with the other graphic requests if they're really needed? They're not that different.

Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 7:34pm (PST)
That's what I'm thinking but there's this whole "contest" aspect that I don't think has a real point.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 7:36pm (PST)
Contest? Trainer card contest? Unnecessary.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 7:41pm (PST)
As much as I enjoy making Trainer Cards when I'm bored I agree with ZL. Most the cards made these are made by newbies and suck and don't contribute to the forum much at all. Not to mention we already have one in Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, and General Pokemon. But I guess at the end of the day if the majority wants one then I guess Reenee will have no choice to agree.

Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 7:46pm (PST)
But I guess at the end of the day if the majority wants one then I guess Reenee will have no choice to agree.
You, uh, contradicted yourself. If they're readily accessible elsewhere AND since it's anticipated that the same members will visit the respective game's forums, then there's no real reason to complain on any sort of lack of...yeah, words fail me right here.

Although I do have a buttload of TRU Deoxys (I think at LEAST 10). Maybe I can give one away for later. Maybe a Shaymin too.

Let's put things in a bundle and maybe have a contest later for a REAL prize. :3

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 7:47pm (PST)
A trainer card contest.

Yeah. Not a great idea.

Author:   ProudLoz
Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 8:02pm (PST)
quote Reenee
But I guess at the end of the day if the majority wants one then I guess Reenee will have no choice to agree.
You, uh, contradicted yourself. If they're readily accessible elsewhere AND since it's anticipated that the same members will visit the respective game's forums, then there's no real reason to complain on any sort of lack of...yeah, words fail me right here.

Although I do have a buttload of TRU Deoxys (I think at LEAST 10). Maybe I can give one away for later. Maybe a Shaymin too.

Let's put things in a bundle and maybe have a contest later for a REAL prize. :3
Ok now, you're talking.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 12:26am (PST)
But can we do a Graphics Request thread?

Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 12:42am (PST)
Done.

Here's something that came to mind:

Game threads (hurt-and-heal, etc.): yay or nay?

This message was edited by Reenee on Sep 24 2009.

Author:   CrystalLaser
Date:   Sep 25, 09 at 1:29am (PST)
Nay. All it does is allow people to increase their post count without contributing anything.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.