Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements (Updated 9/27/2009) - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1426595-requests-feedback-suggestions-announcements-updated-9-27-2009/

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Sep 23, 09 at 5:24pm (PST)
Subject:   Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements (Updated 9/27/2009)
-------------------------------------------
(I one-upped Sakura on the thread title! Whee.)

Ideas? Complaints? Feedback? Queries? Here's where to bring them up. Announcements will also be made here.

--

ISSUE: Trading, Group, Battling Sub-Forums
Aside from the whole group thing being under scrutiny, Trade and Battle sub-forums won't be created until the game nears U.S. release.

ISSUE: Trainer card and Sprite contests
There will be graphics threads made to accommodate any user-made content. Me and the users feel that contests have no real point to them being "contests" in the first place as they lack a prize of value. Therefore, contests will only be allowed at my discretion. As of September 27th, 2009, I will look into contest rules sometime in the near future and will contribute some of my own event Pokemon to be distributed as prizes.

Additionally, other Pokemon forums are already available to partake in their own version of contests.

ISSUE: Forum games
Not allowed. It only leads to increased post counts and not contributing anything worthwhile to the forum. However, if you find or come up with a really unique game, it will be put into consideration.

Date:   Sep 23, 09 at 5:27pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements (Updated 9/27/2009)
So to begin from the thread I just locked, we have the issue of "clans" that might bring in a swath of unneeded spam.

Also, I guess we could do some colorful changes for the place but unless you can work with gold and red and NOT make it look like Hot Dog Stand (yes, this is real, I saw it with my own eyes when I was 6 years old), give a holler.

Author:   CrystalLaser
Date:   Sep 23, 09 at 7:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Requests, Feedback, Suggestions, and Announcements (Updated 9/27/2009)
From what I heard, clan threads are hated by the general community now. This is what most people think of clan forums.

TBH, the trading forum seems no different, but the game isn't even out in the U.S. yet, so we don't really even need to think about it.

I have a suggestion, though. In the other Pokemon forums, there would be 10,000 threads on every event that happens. What if:

A) Had a general thread for each event.

B) The first thread that is made is designated as the general thread for that event.

C) A general event thread for ALL events.

It would make handling these threads so much easier, and would cut down on duplicate threads.

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Sep 23, 09 at 8:15pm (PST)
I (kind of) brought that up in the last thread and I agree with it actually. Saying that though, there will still be some (the majority) who will come to the forum solely for event pokemon and then just post their own thread about it. So I'd suggest stickying the thread for each event as they come.

Sucks I know.

Date:   Sep 23, 09 at 8:52pm (PST)
Since events are brief, maybe I could change the header to link to the actual thread instead of a temporary sticky.

What are "clans" even trying to accomplish on a Pokemon game of all places? The whole notion of a game clan is not possible to apply to a game like Pokemon.

Date:   Sep 23, 09 at 9:06pm (PST)
They're really nothing but off-topic GDs treated like Night Clubs. Don't have you name on the list, you can't go in.

The Battle Forum is rather useless, too. All it leads to is this.

To allow trading and battling without those forums would be hard, though...and allowing it in the main forum would be a disaster.

Author:   Elliot Gale
Date:   Sep 23, 09 at 9:07pm (PST)
They're generally a group of friends that play the game with each other more than they do with others.

I agree that they shouldn't be allowed around here, though. Platinum has passed just fine without them, and the D/P clans should suffice if people really want to join one since it's still 4th gen and all.

quote Jon24hours
To allow trading and battling without those forums would be hard, though...and allowing it in the main forum would be a disaster.
If I may? Smogon has a one thread for trading and one for battling on their forums. Busy threads, for sure, especially since it's quite the busy site in general. The system works just fine, though.

The only issue is that you'll need to be a bit more lenient on when you close them and start a new one, say, 50 pages or something.

Date:   Sep 23, 09 at 9:15pm (PST)
A single thread for both would be great. I mean, there would have to be some way for everyone asking/offering battles and Pokemon to be heard, but...

Isn't the Neoseeker limit for threads 30 pages? I thought it was something about the serves?

Date:   Sep 23, 09 at 9:17pm (PST)
If MOAR PAGEZ PLZ isn't an option, then the only other solution is more moderators so that one can be around all the time to close and put up new trade and battle threads. Smogon has like a dozen in any given forum lol.

But I digress, as Neoseeker is not Smogon and just can't follow that model in a lot of respects. Trading and Battling will probably need at least 1 sub-forum to accommodate.

Date:   Sep 23, 09 at 9:29pm (PST)
quote Jon24hours
The Battle Forum is rather useless, too. All it leads to is this.
Essentially, a chat room. Isn't there an IRC channel for this?

This is my idea for a trade sub-forum:

-In the trade forum, have the trader set up their own thread and put all their details in the first post only.
-Deals and negotiations must be dealt within PMs.
-Nobody can respond to the threads except the OP for a once-a-day bump. That's all.
-Postcounts disabled?

A battle sub-forum would probably be harder to figure out because, well, it becomes a big discussionless directory of Friend Codes and that's it. Maybe the same idea I have for trades could work except having far fewer bumps (once a week?). Thing is, it would be so freaking empty.

Date:   Sep 23, 09 at 9:34pm (PST)
It's unreasonable to force people to use IRC.

It's unreasonable to have a forum where people are not allowed to post.

Author:   Relmutsie AN
Date:   Sep 23, 09 at 9:40pm (PST)
On the plus side, shops would be a little easier to operate...

Date:   Sep 23, 09 at 9:50pm (PST)
It's unreasonable to force people to use IRC.
I wasn't trying to enforce that idea.

It's unreasonable to have a forum where people are not allowed to post.
Has it been tried before? Is it against Neoseeker forum policies? Can an exception be made? It's for the sake of order and decrease postwhoring.

Also, forgive me for a little bit for not fleshing out my ideas. I'm trying to work out something else.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 12:21am (PST)
I just think when talking about Wi-Fi stuff:

We have a General Wi-Fi Sub-Forum, put up a Week before NA release. Until we get posters sayin they're playing (may it be a leak or not) or on the release, it's Mod & Admin posts only.

No Clans. Make a sticky saying "Clans should just go make their own board or Chatroom" or something like that.

Basically, no clans, battle and trade go in same sub-forum, as letting them do it in the main forum would be a disaster.

Also, A Graphics Request Thread?

Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 3:01pm (PST)
Has it been tried before? Is it against Neoseeker forum policies? Can an exception be made? It's for the sake of order and decrease postwhoring.
I'm going to go inquire about this at the moderator forum and see what they tell me. You too, Jon. *drag*

Graphics Request Thread?
You mean for banners or something else? I've already got someone through PMs asking me for a trainer card thread.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.