Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Whats left? - page 9

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1386160-whats-left/9.htm

Author:   Tf916
Date:   Jul 25, 09 at 11:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Whats left?
-------------------------------------------
quote The Deathwind
quote Tf916
R/S will probally get remade but it's going to be a LONG time for that to happen. Like 2015+
If they do what they did with HG/SS (ten years after the originals), I'd say around 2012/2013.
I was thinking that but i wasn't too sure since 2012/2013 was going to be early for that.

Author:   Matt Player Of AC
Date:   Jul 26, 09 at 4:10am (PST)
well they produce GSC > RSE like that, so I dont really understand how GF can't pull it off again.

Author:   Insanity Prevails
Date:   Jul 26, 09 at 1:09pm (PST)
So far since the GBA it's been original > remake > orignial > remake.

However, a 3 year gap is quite short for bringing out another original set and a R/S set of remakes (bearing in mind that D/P alone were released to Japan three years ago).
Would you really want GF to abandon an orignal set in favour of doing remakes?

Author:   Sasuke45
Date:   Jul 26, 09 at 1:14pm (PST)
quote Insanity Prevails
People are gonna get tired of seeing the same stufff, then want something new, and if the new game isn't as appealling as the other ones, then what?

Author:   The Deathwind
Date:   Jul 26, 09 at 5:21pm (PST)
quote Insanity Prevails
So far since the GBA it's been original > remake > orignial > remake.

However, a 3 year gap is quite short for bringing out another original set and a R/S set of remakes (bearing in mind that D/P alone were released to Japan three years ago).

Eh, I'd say Gen V for 2012, with R/S/E remakes a year or so after.

(As long as it gets July 2013 in Europe, GOGOGO OUR TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY)

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Jul 26, 09 at 8:58pm (PST)
quote The Deathwind
(As long as it gets July 2013 in Europe, GOGOGO OUR TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY)[/color]
Boy are you a tremendous jerk. How could you enjoy getting things so late?

Date:   Jul 26, 09 at 11:32pm (PST)
quote Reenee
quote The Deathwind
(As long as it gets July 2013 in Europe, GOGOGO OUR TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY)
Boy are you a tremendous jerk. How could you enjoy getting things so late?
I'm used to it by now. Near enough twelve years of being a European gamer have taught me that I will always get the short straw when it comes to games.

Might as well try and put a positive spin on it. >_>

Date:   Jul 27, 09 at 1:12am (PST)
Well, by the time Deathwind gets games, theres already tons of guides out, walkthoughs, glitches, etc. available. Maybe he enjoys that ability?

Date:   Jul 27, 09 at 1:19am (PST)
No, I just keep telling myself that patience is a virtue and good things come to those who wait.

While I'm actually crying inside.

Stuff the fact I'm emulating the JP version of HG/SS if anti-piracy isn't a total douche, so I get the game earlier but pay for it in understanding!

Author:   foge
Date:   Jul 27, 09 at 4:16pm (PST)
wats left well thats wat many peaple said after leaf green came out same with when ruby came out but they all made newer games but the fact is hg/ss will be the last pokemon games on the ds besides pokemon ranger and all those other games b/c on every handheld system there have been 2 new games where you explore a new region then they make a remake of the two then they make a remake of another previous game for an opposite system example. they make ruby and sapphire then made a remake emerald then they remade red and blue into leaf green and fire red gba games stop ds comes out pearl and daimond come out then they remake it into platinum now they made hg/ss there are 5 games on every system

Author:   El Jako
Date:   Jul 27, 09 at 4:27pm (PST)

quote Insanity Prevails
Well, if this remake wasn't coming out, then yes I would. I have been wanting a Gold/Silver remake since they first came out with the DS, because it won't play your Gameboy Color games. Gold was by far my favorite game, and if they left the storyline alone and just threw in a fex extra things since it's on DS this time, then I could probably play this game forever and sell all my other games.

quote foge 2344
5 games on every system
I can't remember if RBY was on Gameboy or Gameboy Color, but either way, if it was on GB then there was three on GB and three on GBC, and if it was on GBC, then there was 6 on GBC. So no, that's not accurate. Just a coincidence I think.

Author:   Tf916
Date:   Jul 27, 09 at 4:30pm (PST)
G/R/B/Y were on the gameboy.

Author:   Insanity Prevails
Date:   Jul 27, 09 at 5:15pm (PST)
quote El Jako
quote Insanity Prevails
Well, if this remake wasn't coming out, then yes I would.
Yeah, but R/S aren't close to being on the same level as G/S.

Should I rephrase to "in favour of doing R/S remakes"?

I guess my point was more "do you want two sets of remakes in a row"? I certainly wouldn't.

Date:   Jul 27, 09 at 5:28pm (PST)
But my concern is, if there is a new region, then how crowded will Hoenn will be with so many different species?

Author:   w111j
Date:   Jul 27, 09 at 5:43pm (PST)
Thats true. I am kind of getting tired of adding a bunch of Brand New pokemon to the so many that we already have. They should just make a new place, with it's own combination of any of the old pokemon that we already have, and choose a new combonation of Starters, or, make JUST new starters. I just don't want there to be a giant amount of pokemon. Besides, how many more places can they have that have all of the stuff in the rest of the pokemon world, but the pokemon there are never before seen? I mean, really. It kind of gets out of hand a little.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.