Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Bicycle or Skateboard... - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1382927-bicycle-skateboard/3.htm

Author:   Miss Fortune
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 3:54pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Bicycle or Skateboard...
-------------------------------------------
quote Reenee
JUST because a rumor is "false" doens't mean they couldn't put it in!
HA HA, OH WOW. You have bigger issues than posting in a forum.

Actually, he does make a point. Nintendo can do whatever they want with the game, really. They could add in Nazi's if they wanted too. It just shows we won't know much about the inside game until it's released in Japan.

Author:   Lost in Azure
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 4:04pm (PST)
I prefer the Bike, but I guess it's always nice to see something new. o:

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 4:11pm (PST)
1. The bicycle is a mainstay of the series.
2. The game is nearing completion. It's just over half a year a way from release since its announcement. It's cutting it close to change something like that unless it's a huge glitch of some sort. At this point, everything is finalized, final code is added, beta testing is being done, and bugs and glitches are fixed.
3. Serebii.net's admin already confirmed it false and we know he's got insiders at Nintendo to support him. The skateboard rumor was rather significant that it was unconfirmed for a few days. I'm pretty sure changing it to a skateboard would be rather significant. I think that if Game Freak is detailed enough to have the bike change gears, having a skateboard would have what I believe would be a touch of inconvenient realism in having the skateboard constantly speeding up and slowing down. A bike also uses up less stamina than using a skateboard, something sorely needed when you toss your child out against wild animals.

Author:   NickAlert
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 4:43pm (PST)

Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 4:54pm (PST)
quote Reenee
1. The bicycle is a mainstay of the series.
2. The game is nearing completion. It's just over half a year a way from release since its announcement. It's cutting it close to change something like that unless it's a huge glitch of some sort. At this point, everything is finalized, final code is added, beta testing is being done, and bugs and glitches are fixed.
3. Serebii.net's admin already confirmed it false and we know he's got insiders at Nintendo to support him. The skateboard rumor was rather significant that it was unconfirmed for a few days. I'm pretty sure changing it to a skateboard would be rather significant. I think that if Game Freak is detailed enough to have the bike change gears, having a skateboard would have what I believe would be a touch of inconvenient realism in having the skateboard constantly speeding up and slowing down. A bike also uses up less stamina than using a skateboard, something sorely needed when you toss your child out against wild animals.
Reenee, you're assuming this. Nintendo is it's own company and they can do what they please with their products. Basic end of discussion.

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 4:57pm (PST)
I'm only going by the RUMOR that was quashed down. I'm just as inept as the rest of you.

Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 5:13pm (PST)
quote Reenee
I'm only going by the RUMOR that was quashed down. I'm just as inept as the rest of you.
The point I was trying to reach was that we will never know EVERYTHING about the game until it's released.

Author:   Loki
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 5:36pm (PST)
Why does it even matter?
The bike was never essential to gameplay, it was always just a way to move around.
I think changing a few pixels in some sprites and a few lines of dialogue wouldn't significantly effect the game one way or another.

On a somewhat tangential note, I wonder what the pokemon following you does while you ride a bike.

Author:   Lost in Azure
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 5:40pm (PST)
quote Loki
Why does it even matter?
The bike was never essential to gameplay, it was always just a way to move around.
Weren't there a couple areas in R/S/E that you could only reach with a certain bike, either speed or control?

Author:   Tf916
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 5:42pm (PST)
quote SSBB Crazy
quote Loki
Why does it even matter?
Weren't there a couple areas in R/S/E that you could only reach with a certain bike, either speed or control?
Yeah, but i forgot what bike is called that could hop around.

Author:   bond007106
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 5:42pm (PST)
In R/S/E, yes. And in D/P/P/
But not in G/S/C.

Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 5:46pm (PST)
quote Tf5174
quote SSBB Crazy
quote Loki
Why does it even matter?
Yeah, but i forgot what bike is called that could hop around.
Acro Bike - Hop
Mach Bike - Fast Speed

Author:   Loki
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 5:46pm (PST)
quote bond007106
In R/S/E, yes. And in D/P/P/
But not in G/S/C.
^Yeah, I should of clarified I was just talking about g/s/c.

Author:   Allyman5000
Date:   Jun 24, 09 at 7:03pm (PST)
i know it's a bit late, but i cant believe no-ones pointed it out yet (also because i wanna argue too )

quote Hera
A bike also uses up less stamina than using a skateboard
it's a game about magical creatures that the main character probably dreamed up after his weekly 5 tons of crack

what does stamina matter?
(Retorical incase your one of those people who reply to questions instead of taking it like a human, and not some kind of enraged dog-man-thing(which I wouldn't be surprised if you were one,looking at some of your previous posts on other threads))

p.s. it only says hera on the quote as the quote thing wouldnt go far enough back

Author:   PichuRocks
Date:   Jun 25, 09 at 6:43am (PST)
Just to throw you for a loop, what if they did put the skateboard in? The took out running shoes though. It sure would be a change. Skate Park in the PokeWalk area anyone?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.