Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Slots shall not appear in Pokemon HGSS or any future Pokemon game in Europe. - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1375101-slots-shall-not-appear-in-pokemon-hgss-any-future-pokemon-game-in-europe/2.htm

Author:   PichuRocks
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 5:27am (PST)
Subject:   re: Slots shall not appear in Pokemon HGSS or any future Pokemon game in Europe.
-------------------------------------------
There is one point most (if not all) of you are forgetting.

Fight with Pokemon are OK because they do not exist. They are beings of pure fantasy and virtual codes. You can have them because they will never happen in real life. Gambling on the other hand is a part in society today.

I say that Slots and the Roulette are fine. Now, if it was something like Texas Hold 'Em or something like that, I'd see why they'd take it out.

Author:   Elite Eevee
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 6:13am (PST)
Subject:   re: Slots shall not appear in Pokemon HGSS or any future Pokemon game in Europe.
So animals are fantasy? A lot of the Pokemon were based off of real animals..

I never liked the slots in the first place. I would never play them, I would just blow all of my money buying 500 coins for like 10,000 dollars or whatever it was. It was dumb to take it out though for that kind of logic. I serously doubt kids are going to get hooked on slot machines from a Pokemon game.

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 6:14am (PST)
Just because they don't exist doesn't mean the concept isn't there.

Author:   Dark Shock
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 6:29am (PST)
quote The Deathwind
Incidentally, how the **** do they expect us Euro-peons to get Porygon?
In Veilstone City in Platinum there is a person who gives you one, lol.

> DS

Author:   bond007106
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 3:19pm (PST)
I think some of you here are a bit mistaken.
They are not removing the Game Corner itself in European games, they are simply removing the slot machines (and presumably other games, like the card-flip).
These are then replaced with Game Machines, as they were in the EU Platinum, which will give a set payout each day by simply 'talking' to them. And you can still buy game coins.
So there is no problem with buying Game Corner prizes.

Author:   mistressmoonlight
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 6:55pm (PST)
they probably dropped it cause they know that the majority of people know that pokemon arent real ( i say the majority and i mean to offence to anyone) and the know that people know that gambling is real and don want mothers complaining that pokemon got there kids hooked on gambling cause it was easy in a game ( like what happened to a friend of mine) if that didnt make any sense just say so and ill try to claify

Author:   bond007106
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 8:22pm (PST)
You were perfectly lucid.
But the arguement for getting rid of the slot machines itself is completely invalid.
It's just as stupid as people saying violent games make you violent.
If the arguement were valid, then the reverse would also hold true; games like harvest moon would inspire people to become farmers, and pokemon would inspire people to go out and throw plasric balls at wild animals. But the truth is, they don't.
The real problem is irresponsible parents. They don't spend enough time actually looking after their children properly, and then when they go astray, the parents look for a scapegoat, such as games. And then the governments pander to this, going with the public mood, to try and assure support.

What it all boils down to is simple denial and fear of the unknown.

Author:   dont matter
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 8:31pm (PST)
they could probly slap a t rating on it but i doubt that would sell as well

Author:   dont matter
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 8:34pm (PST)
btw do you euros still have the "Gambler" trainer class? US still do but it was changed to "Gamer"

Author:   Ground
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 9:06pm (PST)
IF that post-E4 thing is real, I'm importing SS from Euroupe, since I want the event legends. The slots sucked anyway.

Author:   Lost in Azure
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 10:42pm (PST)
quote dont matter
they could probly slap a t rating on it but i doubt that would sell as well
No, no no no. That would reduce sales extremely. Suddenly we would find that kids can't purchase the news games because of the rating and it wouldn't remain as popular among fans as time passed.

But really, I doubt any kid at a young age even understood how to use the slots let alone find where they were in the game. I know I couldn't at a young age.

Author:   IceQueen
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 11:12pm (PST)
I agree that a higher rating would drop sales.
There are the kids that are just old enough to be influenced, bit I still think it's ridiculous to take them out. They'll be exposed to things that aren't the best one way or another.

Author:   Matt Player Of AC
Date:   Jun 10, 09 at 12:56am (PST)
I didnt mind the slots, actually, when my Djeda say I played it, he wanted to use the game corner XD

edit: Explaining that Djeda is grmapa... I'm Croatian XD

Author:   IceQueen
Date:   Jun 10, 09 at 1:40am (PST)
I never minded them. I prefer card flipping though.^^

Author:   Matt Player Of AC
Date:   Jun 10, 09 at 11:31am (PST)
The roulette table of RSE was also pretty good!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.