Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Which Pokemon Will Follow? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/44116/t1362123-which-pokemon-follow/

Author:   PaperJ121
Date:   May 12, 09 at 7:10pm (PST)
Subject:   Which Pokemon Will Follow?
-------------------------------------------
Obviously one of the only cool new aspects about this game that we know about is the fact that your starter Pokemon can follow behind you onscreen. This hearkens back to Pokemon yellow, where Pikachu would follow you onscreen.

So, do you think this will be limited to only your first generation starter Pokemon? If so, will you purposely not evolve your starter Pokemon just for the novelty of having it follow you?

Author:   Tf916
Date:   May 12, 09 at 7:12pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Which Pokemon Will Follow?
The whole pokemon following would get annoying after time but i guess there will be a limit on what pokemon could follow you.

Date:   May 12, 09 at 7:13pm (PST)
For some people it could be annoying. Personally, I like the idea, however, I don't think I would choose to hold back my starter's evolution if the only benefit would be it following me.

Author:   Reenee
Date:   May 12, 09 at 7:24pm (PST)
The latest scans are hinting that other Pokemon can follow.

Wish you could have a Wailord out there?

Author:   Blood Wolf
Date:   May 12, 09 at 7:26pm (PST)
Hehe. 'Don't worry folks! He wont squash you! I think...'

Author:   Loki
Date:   May 12, 09 at 7:29pm (PST)
I think the pokemon following you will just be the first one in your roster, and hopefully will not be limited to only starters. It wouldn't even really make sense to have a starter following you if you weren't using it on your team.

Author:   Chasbene
Date:   May 12, 09 at 7:30pm (PST)
I'd like to pick which pokemon could follow you. I would bring along my favourite with me, which is almost never my starter, during the game. (Probably a sneasel/weavile or gallade.)

EDIT: Where are these new scans you mentioned Reenee? I must know..

Author:   Lost in Azure
Date:   May 12, 09 at 7:47pm (PST)
Chasbene, just look on the posts here. Great screenshots!

Also, I'm not sure if I like the idea of Pokemon following you. It was very annoying in the Mystery Dungeon series, but thats a totally different game. Hopefully they will have an option to turn it off.

Also, do you think that place in D/P/Pt where you could have certain baby Pokemon follow you was where they got the idea?

Author:   Takeshi
Date:   May 12, 09 at 8:20pm (PST)

Author:   Lost in Azure
Date:   May 12, 09 at 8:22pm (PST)
Yes, thats the one. Couldn't remember the name. I just checked and realized that starters with their evolutions could follow you there in Pt. Seems similar.

Author:   Jedi Pie
Date:   May 12, 09 at 9:20pm (PST)
I want a tyranitar to follow me around. i'll be cloaked in a permanent sandstorm.

Author:   Ripulse
Date:   May 12, 09 at 9:24pm (PST)
I only think a few certain first-evolution (basic) pokemon will be able to follow you.

And when surfing, maybe the water pokemon in that certain group could follow you.

Date:   May 12, 09 at 9:28pm (PST)
I know in Platinum my Empoleon (sp?) cuold follow me in Amity Square, but was this the same in Diamond and Pearl? Theoretically, any Pokemon could since they all have sprites, but it's just up to the developers which one can follow you I guess.

Author:   Chasbene
Date:   May 12, 09 at 10:54pm (PST)
The picture of the pichu event made me think that other pokemon than starters could follow you. You might have to walk into Ilex Forest with the event pichu following to trigger the event. I think Amity Square was kind of pointless and the pokemon that you were allowed in had to be considered "cute" by the characters in the game. Eevee wasn't one of them? Neither was Weavile! Biased!

Author:   Kingy
Date:   May 13, 09 at 12:02am (PST)
quote Tf5174
The whole pokemon following would get annoying after time but i guess there will be a limit on what pokemon could follow you.
There better be. Would be quite strange to have your whole party following you everywhere haha.

I personally hope they only follow you in the first of the game.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.