Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Turians only male ? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/42350/t1491243-turians-only-male/

Author:   Rasberyl
Date:   Mar 01, 10 at 8:34pm (PST)
Subject:   Turians only male ?
-------------------------------------------
Ive watched plenty of videos and played for quite a while, but I cant think of ever seeing a female turian. Are turians an only male race? Im sure I cant ever remember seeing a male asari either, but Im probably wrong about the asari one. So, are turians an only male race, am I wrong, or if im right, then why?

Author:   Spectre
Date:   Mar 01, 10 at 8:40pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Turians only male ?
BioWare were running out of money during the development of the original Mass Effect, so they never included them.

I'm not sure why we haven't seen them yet.

Author:   Daisy
Date:   Mar 01, 10 at 8:40pm (PST)
From looking around the Bioware forums, supposedly there are females and they probably look a lot like their male counterparts, but Bioware got a bit lazy and didn't make them for this game?

Date:   Mar 01, 10 at 8:43pm (PST)
Do you think they will include the females and males for each race in ME3 or maybe in a spin off? Also If they hadn't had enough space, why males instead of females? And why not instead of lots of appearences of both genders, why not just one or two shows of a female character?
Also any idea of what a female turian would look like?

edit; I didnt see the above post, so they basically look the same except the females have their... noticables features?

Author:   Andy
Date:   Mar 01, 10 at 8:51pm (PST)
I remember a conversation in the bar on Illium, where the Turian watching the stripper mentions that female Turians rarely leave the home planet.

Hopefully we'll see Palaven in ME3. Turians and Humans are the only two "main species" where we haven't seen their home world.

Edit: Forgot we haven't seen the Salarian home world either.

Author:   Daisy
Date:   Mar 01, 10 at 8:57pm (PST)
quote rasberyl

edit; I didnt see the above post, so they basically look the same except the females have their... noticables features?

Actually there is speculation that they would not even have breasts since they are an avian race. My guess is maybe subtle colors, smaller, softer edges, and maybe they will not be wearing masks?

Date:   Mar 01, 10 at 9:58pm (PST)
I was randomly looking around Devinat Art and I found these images.

The images on the left are Official concept arts, while those on the left are the guys own interpretations. They are slightly disturbing (Even the Official ones).

Krogan

Turian

Salarian

Author:   Rude_Boy_Loves_SKA
Date:   Mar 01, 10 at 10:04pm (PST)
quote rasberyl
Ive watched plenty of videos and played for quite a while, but I cant think of ever seeing a female turian. Are turians an only male race? Im sure I cant ever remember seeing a male asari either, but Im probably wrong about the asari one. So, are turians an only male race, am I wrong, or if im right, then why?
There are no Asari males, explained in the game. Asari are not actually females, just one-sexed race with female characteristics, and they do not "mate" through normal means, which is how the reproduce.

As far as we know, all other races have males and females, just males are mostley shown.

Also, there is a female Krogan on Tuchanka, she's just easy to miss.

Date:   Mar 01, 10 at 10:05pm (PST)
That isn't a Female Krogan. Its just a Male ambassador to the Female camp.

Well, there is one Female, but shes dead and her body is covered up.

Author:   PhluXx
Date:   Mar 01, 10 at 10:34pm (PST)
quote rasberyl
Do you think they will include the females and males for each race in ME3 or maybe in a spin off? Also If they hadn't had enough space, why males instead of females? And why not instead of lots of appearences of both genders, why not just one or two shows of a female character?

Turians come from an Imperialistic culture with heavily emphasized gender roles in their society with it also being a patriarchal controlled society. To answer your question.

Date:   Mar 02, 10 at 12:47am (PST)
Oh, thanks guys. Do you think the females and males diffrences will be the same as the human race? Like females are usually smaller and weaker but more agile? And I know about the female krogan, but you dont see her. Anyone think they will show us the females in me3 or do you think they'll just leave it?Also have to say, I hope theyre diffrent from the guys interpritation, I hope if they show them, bioware will give the females a bit more variety than just a simple colour or height change.

Date:   Mar 03, 10 at 1:23am (PST)
quote rasberyl
Oh, thanks guys. Do you think the females and males diffrences will be the same as the human race? Like females are usually smaller and weaker but more agile? And I know about the female krogan, but you dont see her. Anyone think they will show us the females in me3 or do you think they'll just leave it?Also have to say, I hope theyre diffrent from the guys interpritation, I hope if they show them, bioware will give the females a bit more variety than just a simple colour or height change.
Considering Turians mildly resemble humans I'd imagine it's be like spotting a female dog. What I mean is males and females will pretty much look the same to us, besides maybe breasts. I doubt they'll make some giant differentiation like basically make female Turians males with long hair.

Author:   Fatherbrain30
Date:   Mar 03, 10 at 2:10am (PST)
quote PhluXx
quote rasberyl

Turians come from an Imperialistic culture with heavily emphasized gender roles in their society with it also being a patriarchal controlled society. To answer your question.
They don't have gender roles, bioware was just lazy.

Also, the only logical excuse is that turian females aren't as numerous outside of Turian space than males.

Author:   DEAD RISING
Date:   Mar 03, 10 at 4:32am (PST)
Yeah but they dont leave there home planet only the males do

Date:   Mar 03, 10 at 1:19pm (PST)
quote Fatherbrain30
quote PhluXx
quote rasberyl

They don't have gender roles, bioware was just lazy.

Also, the only logical excuse is that turian females aren't as numerous outside of Turian space than males.
I'm pretty sure they have roles if I remember my conversations with Kaiden in Mass Effect 1 right.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.