Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Chick fight! Jack is a pain in my ass.... SPOILERS!!!! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/42350/t1480019-chick-fight-jack-pain-in-my-ass-spoilers/

Author:   Daisy
Date:   Jan 31, 10 at 9:32pm (PST)
Subject:   Chick fight! Jack is a pain in my ass.... SPOILERS!!!!
-------------------------------------------
I took Jack on her little pity party side quest. When we got back to the ship she started a fight with Miranda and I had to basically chose between them. Which ever one's side I took stayed loyal to me and the other lost loyalty. I chose Miranda. So Jack was loyal to me for all of 30 seconds.

So I saved Jack's ass, let her read her Cerberus files, and took her on her quest and now she sits in the engine room pouting like an asshole and I have no talking options to even tell her about the email explaining what happened to her from Cerberus' point of view. (Which is another annoyance I will discuss later)

So is that it? You can't get her to come around? Honestly makes you wonder if it's worth it being a Paragon and always trying to do the right thing for people if they are going to hate you just because you told them to back off in an argument. If I had know she would pull this shit I would have been rude with her from the start.

(Sure, ok, it makes it more lifelike I suppose, but still incredibly annoying.)

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Jan 31, 10 at 9:35pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Chick fight! Jack is a pain in my ass.... SPOILERS!!!!
My Paragon was so high that I had paragon dialogue open to calming them both down, thus keeping them both loyal.

Author:   Shadow Soul
Date:   Jan 31, 10 at 9:40pm (PST)
Yeah, she did the same thing to me, but I didn't complain when..

Date:   Jan 31, 10 at 9:51pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Chick fight! Jack is a pain in my ass.... SPOILERS!!!! - Mass Effect 2
quote Darknet
My Paragon was so high that I had paragon dialogue open to calming them both down, thus keeping them both loyal.
Crap - my Paragon is high, but not that high unfortunetaly. =/

Author:   DystopiaSticker
Date:   Jan 31, 10 at 10:01pm (PST)
You can only fix this after it's happened when you have 100% paragon/renegade. That's what I've read. You'll be able to speak with them after that and gain their loyalty back. I haven't found a cutscene of this happening, but apparently everyone talks about it on other forums seeing as how many people were in your situation.

Otherwise, you need 80% paragon/renege WHILE it's happening to stop it.

Author:   Phil Anselmo
Date:   Jan 31, 10 at 10:01pm (PST)
You guys are so mean to Jack! She's just misunderstood!

But yeah, I used the paragon option as well. I wonder what the penalty would be for choosing Jack if you haven't completed Miranda's loyalty quest? Could be a way around losing her loyalty.

Date:   Jan 31, 10 at 10:11pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Chick fight! Jack is a pain in my ass.... SPOILERS!!!! - Mass Effect 2
Well the first time I did it I chose Jack and Shep told Miranda she had a bad attitude and once Jack left he asked Miranda "Are we good?" and she said "Not even remotely" and shut the door in his face. So I don't know if you can get around this by doing Miranda's after, but I wouldn't be surprised if they thought of that and it doesn't work.

And yes I understand that Jack is misunderstood, but she doesn't do much to help you understand her.

So 100% Paragon it is then, if I even bother.

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 1:32am (PST)

80% is required for all of those types of fights, not just that one?

"You must construct additional pylons acquire more paragon" is ringing through my head nonstop now. That's quite a lot of Para/Rene.

Author:   Phil Anselmo
Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 1:37am (PST)
quote Daisy
And yes I understand that Jack is misunderstood, but she doesn't do much to help you understand her.
She just has a hard exterior. Honestly, I think she's my favorite character in the series, followed closely by Mordin and Garus.

Legion is pretty cool, too. I wish he had more of a background.

Author:   Ace12
Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 4:41am (PST)
Eh I tried to talk to her, but my paragon wasn't high enough, so she just died in the suicide mission. I never liked her anyways, even if she is misunderstood . It's funny your squad-mates don't know it, but if your not loyal... your just gonna die.. I wish Shepard could have said that to them.

-Ace12

Author:   MufcMatt
Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 12:50pm (PST)
Im just about to do Jack's side mission. Once iv'e done that i'll choose Jack, then do Mirandas mission and see if that works. I'll try it later and let you know how I get on.

Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 2:07pm (PST)
Thanks Matt - that would be cool to know for future play throughs!

Author:   Auron Blade
Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 6:16pm (PST)
This argument cost me Miranda's loyalty as well. Then I spent the rest of the game trying to earn enough paragon points to get her loyalty back. I was never able to. I think that may be part of my problems with the last mission.

Anyway, my understanding of those "choose a side" scenarios was that they only happen after you've earned the loyalty of both characters involved. Now I'm trying to avoid that problem in my second playthrough.

Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 6:33pm (PST)
I guess the thing to know is to have 70% renegade or paragon before you do too many of the Loyalty side quests, which is kind of hard to do.... Is there another one of these crew fights I have to contend with? My paragon is almost filled so I think I can side step any problems. I have all the crew except Legion and have done all thier sidequests except Legion (obviously) and Zaheed.

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Feb 01, 10 at 6:43pm (PST)
With Zaheed, you will have a choice to make and the Paragon choice will result in him not being loyal. But it doesn't take a lot of Paragon to convince him to be loyal.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.