Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Battlefield NeoWiki - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/42288/t1504820-battlefield-neowiki/3.htm

Author:   Ali_45
Date:   Apr 10, 10 at 10:42pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Battlefield NeoWiki
-------------------------------------------
The table in "Reception" is WAY out of line with the text. I can't see where to fix that?

Author:   Nagare
Date:   Apr 10, 10 at 11:59pm (PST)
Just put the Reviews template first or change the alignment by adding "|align=left" or "|align=center", it's right by default.

Author:   xxxzzz1
Date:   Apr 11, 10 at 4:45pm (PST)
Okay, I have added sedaristan to the battlefield wiki!

Date:   Apr 11, 10 at 4:53pm (PST)
I have created the small section on multiplayer on the front page, then created a page for each class, i may add a vehicle page if you want? Tomorrow i will add primary weapons to each page, as well as the secondary and their specials.

Date:   Apr 11, 10 at 5:25pm (PST)
quote Ali_45
I have created the small section on multiplayer on the front page, then created a page for each class, i may add a vehicle page if you want? Tomorrow i will add primary weapons to each page, as well as the secondary and their specials.
I suppose you could add the weapons and vehicls on the same page as the battlefield bad company 2 wiki.

Date:   Apr 11, 10 at 5:35pm (PST)
What you mean on the main page? I think that will be too cluttered, the main page should be basic detail on MP, and more in-depth on the other aspects. See what some others think...

Date:   Apr 11, 10 at 5:56pm (PST)
Make separate pages for each of the things you think needs a lot of detail, the main page for BC2 could just have an overview of the general idea, like a list of the vehicles.

As a heads up, I'll be away until Wednesday.

Date:   Apr 11, 10 at 5:59pm (PST)
Well, when you think about it your probably right as the page would look quite cluttered.

Date:   Apr 11, 10 at 6:21pm (PST)
Yer it would, what do you think we should have on the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayerpage? It seems that be and you xxxzzz1 are the main contributors at the moment.

A in-depth descriptions of Mulitplayer, and maps listings but i don't know what esle.

Author:   Final Blade
Date:   Apr 13, 10 at 9:37am (PST)
I would try this but I suck at editing and I bet people have already added shit I would have.

Date:   Apr 13, 10 at 11:04am (PST)
TBH so did i but its really easy to pick it up.

EDIT: Nagare is there a way to reduce image sizes to a thumb nail? Also what is the status on having guides on the wiki?

This message was edited by Ali_45 on Apr 21 2010.

Date:   Apr 24, 10 at 5:17pm (PST)
Hey there, sorry about my lack of activity here recently! To make an image thumbnail size just use this code:

code
[[Image:blah.png|thumb]]

Author:   ShinobiDyne
Date:   Apr 24, 10 at 5:28pm (PST)
Just thought I'd pop in this thread and say well done to everybody who has contributed so far. I'm sure this will come in handy for anyone new to the series or if they are just interested in the game.

That's no reason to stop contributing though, keep at it guys.

Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 7:14pm (PST)
Yer, i would be more at the moment but I've got a lot on IRL. I will be doing more soon, any update on the guide front?

Author:   Avalith
Date:   Apr 26, 10 at 11:49pm (PST)
Hey guys, just a bit of info on putting guides/FAQs on a wiki: For community written guides, the same rules apply as with any other wiki page. However, I urge you to preface walkthrough pages with Guide:. For example, let's just say you're playing Earthbound and you want to write a walkthrough for Saturn Valley, but there's already a regular page with that name. Naming the new page Guide:Saturn Valley differentiates it from Saturn Valley, not only in being able to have two pages with the same basic name, but the walkthrough page is clear in the title that it's being used for a guide or walkthrough.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.