Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: IM STUMPED AT NO ONE LEFT BEHIND-PLEASE HELP - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/42288/t1496307-im-stumped-at-no-one-left-behind-please-help/

Author:   alan64
Date:   Mar 14, 10 at 11:52pm (PST)
Subject:   IM STUMPED AT NO ONE LEFT BEHIND-PLEASE HELP
-------------------------------------------
so Im at the top of the hill looking down on the village where they are holding flynn. I have killed everyone in the village and the guy in the tower to the right of the village. Now when I try to go down there,, no matter whether I turn right or left, or straight down, it wont let me go, it says im out of the field of play and I get bombed as it counts down. How do you get down to the village, as im totally stuck??

Author:   Lorx
Date:   Mar 15, 10 at 2:46am (PST)
Subject:   re: IM STUMPED AT NO ONE LEFT BEHIND-PLEASE HELP

When I was saving Flynn, I think the entire mission was uphill. Unless you mean the very beginning when you're assaulting the base camp.

Got a screenshot I can use to place where you are in my mind?

Author:   ShadowJ
Date:   Mar 15, 10 at 2:52am (PST)
Yup he means at the beginning from the sounds of it, I simply jumped off the cliff and opened my chute to glide down once everyone was dead

Oh btw, look on the walls when you get down there, there are a few P.O.W's that are still alive, if you free them they will follow and fight for you until they die (of course) though they will only carry a pistol.

Not sure if they pick up guns that are lying around but you certainly can't give them any guns, sadly

Date:   Mar 15, 10 at 3:15am (PST)
how do you open your chute? Also yes, im assauting the base camp,, now everyone is dead, and I cant get down the hill without the bombs destroying me...

Date:   Mar 15, 10 at 4:18am (PST)

Spacebar is default.

I saw 2 POW's that could be saved, both in the second 'area' of the base.

Also, Back-right building in that first area has an MCOM in it.

Date:   Mar 15, 10 at 11:20pm (PST)
nothing works, I keep getting the message to turn back that im out of the field of play, and then it counts down and I get blown up. no matter which way I turn it blows me up. I cant go down the hill or to the right or left,, nothing works??? What am I doing wrong??

Author:   lordofpokemonandff10
Date:   Mar 16, 10 at 3:13am (PST)
did they other guy go down? when i killed them all i just followed the ally down, no problems

Date:   Mar 16, 10 at 10:53am (PST)
No, the other guys are still up there with me waiting. Its silent, but no matter which way I turn it tells me to go back, and tells me I will be bombed, and when I try to go down a bomb goes off and thats the end of me,, what the heck am I missing?????

Date:   Mar 16, 10 at 2:57pm (PST)

This is you (more or less) correct?

Google'd up what I could, fixes:
  • Full mission restart
  • When the mission starts, successfully land the parachute, and make sure to press W in part to do so
  • Free the prisoner
    • In the upcoming part of the mission, there are some POW's chained to concrete slabs. There is one that you can free in the first section, and two in the second. Supposedly, if you free the first from the hill, he'll run up to your squad and kill the glitch. His position is here

Note - if all else fails, start a new campaign. That worked for two people, but is obviously not...a good fix.

Date:   Mar 16, 10 at 5:25pm (PST)
the guy you are showing in the first part that is chained up, I tried to free him by shooting at his chains,, but nothing happened. How do I free that guy???

Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 12:08am (PST)

I think you may need to blow up the slab to free him from a distance. 50cal Sniper Rifle, explosives, etc; just make sure to not blow him up.

Date:   Mar 17, 10 at 10:28am (PST)
FINALLY!!!! You were right I had to start a new campaign and I obviously didnt open the parachute correctly. Now it works fine. Thanks for the help.

Author:   SealoverPR
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 8:32am (PST)
I'm on the helicopter and need to kill the enemy helicopter that show under ours, I get to shot them, but even I try to kill from under, they get up and when blow out they kill us, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.