Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Uncharted 2 Skin DLC - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/42142/t1541685-uncharted-2-skin-dlc/

Author:   samwise995
Date:   Jun 14, 10 at 6:40pm (PST)
Subject:   Uncharted 2 Skin DLC
-------------------------------------------
Alright, so I know I already had a thread about skins, but this is a little different. I am simply going to list the skins I think they need to add via DLC, and then leave you free to comment. Here is what I think:

Heroes:
Borneo Chloe- Chloe in her Borneo clothes (orange shirt)
Wounded Drake- equivalent of Drake- Dirty & Beat Up
Turkish Guard- one of the museum guards
Tibetan Villager- one of the male villagers in Tenzin's village (that fought with a crossbow)
Nepali Resistance Fighter- one of the Resistance fighters from Nepal

Villains:
Borneo Flynn- Flynn in his Borneo clothes (red shirt)
Generic Soldier- one of the generic soldiers of Lazarevic (brown buzz-cut) with regular soldier attire
Guardian- one of the purple guardians from Shambhala
Yeti Guardian- one of the Yeti guardians from the ice caves
Heavy Weapons Soldier- one of the soldiers that carries the GAU-19, only with less body armor (like once they're damaged and they lose some armor)

What do you think? Please comment.

Author:   Agent Mo
Date:   Jun 14, 10 at 7:09pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Uncharted 2 Skin DLC
Great ideas, covers almost everything in the game i think.

Author:   PangTong_Blademaster
Date:   Jun 14, 10 at 7:38pm (PST)
I wouldn't mind buying a DLC pack containing a load of the in-game grunt soldiers.

Author:   Artirtico
Date:   Jun 14, 10 at 8:44pm (PST)
quote samwise995
Borneo Chloe- Chloe in her Borneo clothes (orange shirt)
YES! This would be the only thing that I would ever use instead of the regular Chloe - Orange is far more awesome than red so this would be absolute character perfection

Good ideas all round - all of them would be good additions and yah, some more 'villain grunts' would be nice to see too

How about Pema? I realise that it would be highly unrealistic and that she'd be smaller than everyone else but it would be awesome She'd still have to be given the same 'base body' in regards to syncing how she moved and where she could be damaged etc...although that could get tricky...other characters are different sizes though...bigger characters aren't easier to shoot are they?

Date:   Jun 18, 10 at 6:20pm (PST)
I think that would be kind of stupid. Especially since she is incapable of fighting. so far as unrealism in the multiplayer goes, the skeletons and the dead explorer are enough (and cool). when they start putting little kids in, i'm gonna stop playing.

Date:   Jun 18, 10 at 6:27pm (PST)
You'd stop playing just coz a kid was put in as a skin?

Author:   Artirtico
Date:   Jun 18, 10 at 8:41pm (PST)
It would've ended up as a novelty character rather than a serious one much like Donut Drake but yus, it would indeed be unrealistic I personally dislike the skeletons etc though and would prefer to play as a girl than a 'mythical creature' (unless it was a dragon or something ) At least she's human...and you never know what these little kids could be hiding...particularly the little Tibetan girls Haha, fair enough if you dislike the idea though

Date:   Jun 21, 10 at 12:32am (PST)
quote Agent Mo
You'd stop playing just coz a kid was put in as a skin?
no but i would automatically have hatred for anyone who used that skin. even if they were on my team, they would have to be killed.

Author:   Josh Kunn
Date:   Jun 24, 10 at 9:23pm (PST)
Thing that really annoy's me is they make a Heist Drake and Heist Flynn but not a Heist Chloe..so I think they should make Heist Chloe , and also they get Wetsuit Drake but not Wetsuit Elena, they have missed out soo many characters..

Date:   Jun 24, 10 at 9:41pm (PST)
Yeh i thought that too, but i think the reason they don't have heist chloe is because you don't actually see her in-game, only in cutscenes.

Date:   Jun 24, 10 at 11:00pm (PST)
i don't even think Chloe had heist clothes. didn't she just have her red shirt on, and then she changed to orange for borneo, and then just changed back. or was she wearing her winter jacket? idk, i just don't think she had a heist costume. idk, i just don't recall whatever it was being notable enough.

i am just annoyed that they keep using udf skins when they still have a lot of uat skins to use up! what the heck? look at that list i made! there's probably even a couple more after that list (like heist chloe, but i don't care for chloe skins).

ok, now i'm going to go off on a tangent. i don't want to offend you if you are one of these people, but i HATE people who are chloes and elenas. (the only time i was ever elena was the udf skin, i felt i should use my money) when you play co-op, they are always an idiot. they either don't save you when you need it, or don't even understand the objective, or get you killed!

i once played a game of siege with a chloe, and she didn't know the objective, even though it tells you every round. i had to send a message to her, and even then, she would keep going out of the circle. don't people understand that kills outside the circle don't count? i thought the absence of a 'ching' would be a hint. and they are always cleanup maniacs in deathmatch type games. and jerks. i once played a match at ice cave where a chloe grenaded me cuz i got to the shotgun first, and then took the shotgun. then she did it again after she sucked with it and died without a kill. i was very happy to kick her. she sucked too. got like 4 kills (no excuse, she was like a 50, higher than me). i have yet to meet one who doesn't suck and/or isn't a douche. i HATE chloes and elenas!

sorry for that. but seriously!

and sorry for the long post.

Author:   PkFlAsH
Date:   Jun 25, 10 at 4:41am (PST)
I used to despise seeing people playing as girl characters, because it usually meant there was some college douchebag guy on the other end that was gonna beat me up and talk shit about it on the mic. It's happened on more than one occasion, on more than one shooter. xD

But I don't think about that anymore. Especially since people like Arti/Toby/Sam/Josh all play as Chloe/Elena. LOL. Hooray for forgetting about stereotyping.

Author:   Moustache
Date:   Jun 25, 10 at 7:10am (PST)
Tbh, i would like to see them release a similar pack as the last one. However instead of adding skeletons or whatever, have it dedicated solely on PS3 exclusive characters. I know this was kind of done in the last one but they could add new characters like i.e. Sackboy (probably not the best example) or the character off the Demons Souls cover. I understand they were probably not the best examples but still, it could help raise interest in their respective games + give players some fun characters.

Author:   Hurricarno
Date:   Jun 25, 10 at 8:31am (PST)
I would love a heist chloe as well. She does have different clothes as well on the second chapter, but Mo's right in that you don't actually see her in game then, which is a shame.

If I had her I could have a good hero/villian team with Heist Chloe and Heist Flynn.

Date:   Jun 25, 10 at 10:18am (PST)
What? How is someone's skin linked to how they play

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.