Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Forum Feedback - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/42/t713483-forum-feedback/4.htm

Author:   Daisy
Date:   Sep 06, 06 at 8:34pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Forum Feedback
-------------------------------------------
You've got it!! I shall work on it tonight and send it to you and Solitaire so you can take a look and see what you think! ^___^

Author:   Ryancola
Date:   Sep 06, 06 at 8:46pm (PST)
Well, I've been visiting the forum for the past couple of days, looking through threads and everything, and I hope no one will mind if I just drop my two cents in about the forum's condition!:

I think this is actually one of the better-moderated forums on Neoseeker. A positive attitude has strongly been given off (IMO) from Solitare (haven't seen much of Veg's), and I'm very impressed with how things are handled. A very friendly atmosphere is given off, and the threads all seem interesting.

I'll certainly be visiting the forum more foten after seeing how efficient and friendly things are being run here, so great job guys!

Date:   Sep 09, 06 at 3:52am (PST)
Would love to have some feedback on the Anime Spotlight thread, for those of you that are so inclined.... ^___^

Author:   Goyun SSJ15
Date:   Sep 09, 06 at 4:10pm (PST)
I think it's a great idea. It gives people the chance to get to know the many different anime out there, and hopefully find one they like.

Maybe more of a description of the show itself.

Author:   Phantasy
Date:   Sep 09, 06 at 7:53pm (PST)
It's a cool idea, and I like how you set it up, but why start on such a well known series? Well, IMO it is.

For the description, you could use the short plot summary from ANN. I think it's good enough for giving viewers an idea of what they show is like. It's short, sweet, and doesn't spoil anything.

Date:   Sep 09, 06 at 9:00pm (PST)
Well, after a bit of discussion with Solitaire and Tenken, we decided to go with a rather well known series that may be being overlooked by the newer generation of anime fans that may be attracted to the forum by Naruto or Bleach. If you think about it, Cowboy Bebop is already almost 10 years old....

Another reason is to get our feet wet with the set up of the thread, with something we were comfortable with.... ^___^

As for the shorter version of the description, I did not want to give too much away, because honestly why bother watching it when you know everything? Plus each character's profile gave a little taste of what was going on in the show too, I feel.

However I will try to give a paragraph or two more the next time I write one up! As for using one from ANN - I don't think we will be doing that, as the whole point is to write it ourselves and give a fresh perspective when we can, than just copy and pasting from somewhere else.

Thanks for the input! It's very much appreciated!

Author:   Mario_Luigi
Date:   Sep 09, 06 at 10:41pm (PST)
quote Daisy
Would love to have some feedback on the Anime Spotlight thread, for those of you that are so inclined.... ^___^
with Cowboy Bebop, you forgot to mention Cowboy Bebop:Shooting Star

Author:   Phantasy
Date:   Sep 10, 06 at 10:44pm (PST)
Regarding the header contest - I think it would be best to just do the Halloween contest right now. That way, it would be up as the header for at least a month before you hold the Christmas and New Year's contest.

Date:   Sep 11, 06 at 1:31pm (PST)
quote Mario_Luigi
quote Daisy
with Cowboy Bebop, you forgot to mention Cowboy Bebop:Shooting Star
quote The Spotlight thread
There are also five Cowboy Bebop manga that were done after the anime was made, and are just side stories, with no connection to the main storyline.
Since we were focusing on the anime, I only mentioned the manga in passing, since they were done after the anime, and actually have no bearing on the title itself and are only side stories that don't effect the anime or the movie.

Speaking of which I think I'll edit in a blurb about the movie at some point....

Author:   Insanity Prevails
Date:   Sep 11, 06 at 8:08pm (PST)
Knew I forgot something. >_<

Great work Daisy. A lot of work clearly went into that. When will the system be open for public submissions/suggestions? Or is there no such timeframe for such a thing?

Date:   Sep 11, 06 at 8:16pm (PST)
We figured we would do a few posts, see what people thought of it, if people were liking it by the feedback in this thread, if people came here with good ideas, etc... basically there is no time frame, but that only because the spotlight thread is in it's baby stages.

From the conversations I have had with Tenken and Solitaire, it seems we are in agreement that we would like to get it to a point where we have done enough posts so that it is clear what is expected of a submission, and then we will start thinking about accepting them from others.

Stay tuned because eventually we will be allowing others to do posts, we just want to keep a level of quality control.

Oh and thanks!

Author:   DeadDogInc
Date:   Sep 27, 06 at 3:23am (PST)
Isn't it about time for a new Anime to be introduced in the Anime Spotlight thread? It's actually kinda overdue.

Date:   Sep 27, 06 at 1:38pm (PST)
Yeah, we know. Tenken was supposed to be doing it, but he had a computer crash and lost his work at the end of last week, and that left both me and Solitaire scrambling to do something. I am trying to get something together once my allergies and migraines allow me to.... -_-

Author:   Tenken
Date:   Oct 15, 06 at 3:54pm (PST)
Apologies on the spotlight thread, my computer finally finished it's crashing routine so I'm stuck with a rather dull laptop.

If things go well, a new spotlight will be up today if I can get the images, after that, we'll see how it goes and will possible start taking suggestions, not too sure right now...

Author:   Solitaire
Date:   Oct 23, 06 at 5:17pm (PST)
Ok folks, some of you may have noticed a new addition to the top of the forum. Daisy has graciously agreed to help me out while I sort out some off-line stuff. Be good, treat her nice or I'll break out the 10-ton Hammer of Death, Doom, & Destruction upon you all!

Yes, I will still be handling the contest, that won't be put aside at all, so keep those wonderful creations coming. I am seriously delighted with all the participation I have seen there.

And yes, at some point this week I will somehow get a new spotlight feature up.... or die trying in the attempt [/vows]

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.