Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Forum Feedback - page 10

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/42/t713483-forum-feedback/10.htm

Author:   Pyrazor
Date:   Nov 05, 07 at 7:02pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Forum Feedback
-------------------------------------------
I heavily second the notion. >_>

Author:   Mastix
Date:   Nov 06, 07 at 5:51am (PST)
Seto? I think we can do better than that... I think we should focus the spotlight on newer anime to give them a boost in attention. They often remain unnoticed for a long time.

Author:   Reenee
Date:   Nov 06, 07 at 6:16am (PST)
Is it okay to post something related to cosplay? Rather, I'm looking for a particular item.

Author:   Moonrise
Date:   Nov 06, 07 at 6:30am (PST)
quote mastix
Seto? I think we can do better than that... I think we should focus the spotlight on newer anime to give them a boost in attention. They often remain unnoticed for a long time.
You're kidding, right? How many people here actually know of Seto despite the fact that it's already run through the first season already? It's far too funny of a show to simply go unnoticed the way it has thus far.

Author:   Daisy
Date:   Nov 06, 07 at 1:57pm (PST)
quote Reenee
Is it okay to post something related to cosplay? Rather, I'm looking for a particular item.
Sure, I don't see why not. ^___^

We actually have a cosplay thread - it's in the index in the third section under the mangas, so that is the appropriate place to ask for help looking for something.

As for the debate on the Spotlight thread, our intention was to have spotlights fairly often, it's just been incredibly hard for myself and Solitaire to work on them with our schedules being so hectic. The best way to get a spotlight put up is to do the work - there are enough of them up now for you guys to know what we are looking for - and PM either myself or Solitaire for approval.

I know she is planning on opening a thread to discuss the spotlight eventually, but for now, that is probably the best way to get a new spotlight put up. You can ask here or PM one of us for more info.

As for which title gets spotlit, it doesn't really matter, because if you think it's good enough to do all the work involved, we will green light it - and if you personally don't like the current spotlight title, do something about it and type up your own spotlight for a title you DO like and perhaps that will get chosen next. Arguing about it doesn't really help much.

Edit: Added link to Cosplay thread.

This message was edited by daisy on Nov 06 2007.

Author:   luffyluffy
Date:   Nov 07, 07 at 9:35pm (PST)
So does that mean that if i did a good job and You guys said ok i could make a spotlight for Fullmetal?

Author:   ali3n
Date:   Nov 08, 07 at 6:55am (PST)
Why make it focus on such a popular anime? Seriously the whole point of the spotlight is to give people information about relatively unknown anime.

Author:   Daisy
Date:   Nov 08, 07 at 3:56pm (PST)
While Solitaire and I encourage everyone to make contributions ali3n is right in that the Spotlight is intended to interest people into watching a series they may have passed on or never heard of, the lesser known yet wonderfully done titles.

FMA is a really well known and popular title, so while I won't out right say "no" to it, the spirit of the thread is to pick out something slightly less popular and give it a moment in the sunshine.

Date:   Nov 08, 07 at 6:09pm (PST)
Crap...Well i know alot of people that dont already know of it...Aw...I was exited...T__T

This message was edited by luffyluffy on Nov 13 2007.

This message was edited by luffyluffy on Nov 13 2007.

Date:   Nov 15, 07 at 1:56am (PST)
So, are there any qualms with doing a spotlight of an anime that has not been licensed?

Edit: I feel strangely ignored. That hurts Soli. Anyway, I have to edit my post to request that this anime be added to the thread index:
Baccano![color=#c6d0e7][size=1]

[size=1][color=#666666]This message was edited by mastix on Nov 24 2007.

Date:   Dec 03, 07 at 2:05am (PST)
What about a spotlight on Samurai Champloo?

Would that be allowed?

Author:   Dragon
Date:   Dec 07, 07 at 7:11pm (PST)
Shouldn't Daisy be taken off of the forum moderators list?

Date:   Dec 07, 07 at 8:30pm (PST)
Based on how long my question has been sitting there unanswered, I don't think Daisy will be removed anytime soon. She should be though, if that answers your question.

Date:   Dec 08, 07 at 6:13am (PST)

I think someone needs a Comod!

Author:   Keiichi
Date:   Dec 08, 07 at 6:27am (PST)
Quite right. I'll be applying for the position shortly.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.