Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: One Piece: Round 3: Who will be our pirate king? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/42/t602836-one-piece-round-3-who-our-pirate-king/

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Oct 28, 05 at 6:14pm (PST)
Subject:   One Piece: Round 3: Who will be our pirate king?
-------------------------------------------
Setting sail yet again we continue the One Piece discussion into the third thread!

In the closing posts of the previous thread we were left with a debate on the best matchups.

quote Shadow Rue
Please. Shanks could never take Luffy.

Buggy could, though. And he is the perfect rival!
Luffy idolizes Shanks, Buggy loathes him.
Luffy can't be hurt by bullets, Buggy can't be hurt by blades.
They both have deep rooted hatred in each other.

quote Fay Valentine
Ugh, will you please give up on buggy? Shanks and Luffy could both take him on, Luffy could beat him one-on-one, and Shanks would totally own him.

quote ali3n
They would fight because they both want one piece.Buggy sucks plain and simple compared to alot of the later villans (Crocodile, Enru, CP9 etc).Actually Shadow Rue Luffy doent loathe Buggy, he just about knows that Buggy exists.
Let the One Piece discussions continue!

One Piece Archive:

Author:   codlum
Date:   Oct 28, 05 at 6:16pm (PST)
Subject:   re: One Piece: Round 3: Who will be our pirate king?
i think mr.2 bon clay could beat chaser.

Author:   DeadDogInc
Date:   Oct 29, 05 at 6:07pm (PST)
I just started watching this a few weeks ago. When it first started to air I didn't give it a chance because it looked stupid. Boy I can kick myself in the ass now. Again.

Author:   Fay Valentine
Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 2:09am (PST)
There's only a few things I don't like about the anime. The way they seem to try to make the story as slow as they can so they can run the show as long as possible, and how they leave stuff out a lot because it's being aired on 4kidsTV.

Author:   division
Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 2:32am (PST)
I don't like this show either. Something just doesn't feel like good anime when I watch this. But different strokes for different folks I suppose...

Author:   AVG
Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 2:36am (PST)
I like this anime. Not that much, but I watched it. Today, I watched it in Toonami. Could somebody give me a picture of that "Crocodile"?

Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 3:07am (PST)
quote Walrus
I don't like this show either. Something just doesn't feel like good anime when I watch this. But different strokes for different folks I suppose...
I feel like that too, the animation it's isn't very good quality, and the voices are the same people who do all those cheaper anime for kids.

The reason I watch it is because the story is interesting, I just want to see what happens.

Author:   AVG
Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 3:10am (PST)
If you don't think this anime is great, why do you visit this thread and post here? Any "crocodile pictures"?

Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 3:15am (PST)
I'm here because I read the manga, and I like that. But I was in the last One Piece thread a lot too, I'm just coming back to where I left off.

Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 2:24pm (PST)
I'm here just to tell my opinion on the show. I mean it's not that bad or anything it's just I prefer other anime. And, I agree Fay Valentine, the animation isn't great. I never saw any of the manga, well I don't have any manga anyway, but I should get some and see if I like it.

Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 6:27pm (PST)
The story in the manga moves faster, and it feels more complete because there's nothing edited like in the show.

Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 9:06pm (PST)
That's pretty cool. I may give it a try but I have no idea where to get manga. And pirates aren't my favorite so I may not like it. Oh well, give it a try I suppose...

Author:   Enth
Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 9:10pm (PST)
If you've only been able to experience the dub in terms of One Piece overall, then you shouldn't really worry - as the Manga is turns better than what the dub turned the anime into...

Pirates are cool IMO - But I don't think it matters how much you do / don't like them either; since it's all about the Shonen battles...

Author:   Shadow Rue
Date:   Oct 30, 05 at 11:31pm (PST)
I don't like the anime. One Piece looks terrible in color.

Author:   DeadDogInc
Date:   Oct 31, 05 at 1:16am (PST)
Well I like it from the little that I have seen. I think that Zolo kicks. He's cool. And it helps to like his character when someone like Marc Diraison (Guts from Berserk) is doing the voice acting.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.