Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Mekaku City Actors - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/42/t1987741-mekaku-city-actors/

Author:   Rabla
Date:   Feb 27, 14 at 3:24am (PST)
Subject:   Mekaku City Actors
-------------------------------------------

MEKAKU CITY ACTORS

- Kagerou Days the Animation -

"Shintaro Kisaragi, a HikiNEET who shut himself inside his room for 2 years, had been living his life normally until he met a cyber girl named Ene, who appeared in his computer screen when someone anonymously sent him a mysterious e-mail one year ago. One day, Ene messes with Shintaro's PC which causes him to go outside for the first time in two years."

Episodes: 12
OP Theme: 'daze' by Jin feat. GARNiDELiA
ED Theme: 'days' by Jin feat. Lia

Based on the super popular Kagerou Project franchise, started by Jin using Vocaloids to tell a story through song, and then picked up into a Manga series and Novel series. It's gathered quite a huge following throughout Japan and the world, making it one of the most recent huge new IP successes in this Anime-media industry.

The anime will be done by the beloved Studio SHAFT, and directed by Akiyuki Shinbo himself. Jin, the original creator, will be supervising the script and world lore.

For those unfamiliar with the franchise, it's a Supernatural modern-world story based around a group of people who have developed strange abilities. To become unnoticable, to attract all attention, to force stillness, to decieve other's visions. People who have learnt to control these mysterious powers have formed a group called the Mekakushi Dan. There are forces are work against them, and a darker side yet to be explored.

Character PVs

- Official Website - Kagerou Days Manga Thread -

Date:   Apr 12, 14 at 11:58am (PST)
Subject:   re: Mekaku City Actors
First ep out, and the first thing of note is that it's EXTREMELY Monogatari. Very much in line with Shinbo's usual style, and plenty of headtilts to go around.

Rather focused on Shintaro and ENE in this one as an introduction. Seemed to mostly follow the manga, except that Seto wasn't there in that scene.

Apparently Jin wrote an original story for this, so it will be interesting to see where it goes.

Author:   Awesomecake
Date:   Apr 12, 14 at 9:41pm (PST)
I could definitely feel a monogatari vibe from this. This is a very good thing, I feel. That, and I like the use of colour so far. Everything is quite pretty =3

I have no background in this franchise whatsoever, but so far i'm pretty impressed. I'm definitely gonna continue with this one.

Author:   Maximus 3
Date:   Apr 12, 14 at 10:35pm (PST)
quote Rabla
Very much in line with Shinbo's usual style, and plenty of headtilts to go around.
You aren't wrong, there are many tilts to be found.

So, I need to ask... Is Shinbo just forever going to direct talky anime in the same vein as the Monogatari shows? Cause, don't get me wrong I like the style that it brings to his projects, but I haven't seen one of his shows so closely emulate Monogatari before and the similarity keeps bugging me.

Especially in moments where Shintaro tilts his head or receives a panning shot and I have to double take because he is pretty much a carbon copy of Ara-ra-ra-ra.

Author:   Best Player Ever
Date:   Apr 14, 14 at 2:29am (PST)
quote Maximus 3
Especially in moments where Shintaro tilts his head or receives a panning shot and I have to double take because he is pretty much a carbon copy of Ara-ra-ra-ra.
I wanted to take a screenshot for every time I saw what seemed like cut-and-pastes from Monogatari, but there were so many that I just gave up. This guy is straight up Shintarararagi.

That said, I adore the Monogatari series so that's not a real complaint, and I'm liking the mood this show set already from just that first episode.

Oh, and that OP/ED was great, so I'm a fan of that too.

Date:   Apr 20, 14 at 1:24am (PST)
Shinbo, please, why you gotta break so many necks? Why Shinbo, why?

Date:   Apr 22, 14 at 6:33pm (PST)
Oh, it never occured to me that they'd pull a Baccano/Durarara but that makes sense, thinking about.

Ep 3 should cover Momo joining the Mekakushi Dan, so that should lead into the events of Episode 1 from their perspective? I think?

then what tho.

Date:   May 04, 14 at 12:51am (PST)
Well then, there goes my favourite song of the lot.

I'm done.

Date:   May 07, 14 at 6:27am (PST)

Date:   May 17, 14 at 1:14am (PST)
Yo, Rabla, you're the Kagerou Project genius around these parts. Care to explain what the snake was supposed to be?

Date:   May 17, 14 at 1:22am (PST)
quote Maximus 3
Yo, Rabla, you're the Kagerou Project genius around these parts. Care to explain what the snake was supposed to be?
During that particular scene?

No *bleep*ing clue.

The Ouroboros is meant to represent the 'Monster' we've been gradually learning the story of, though. And I think it has something to do with the origins of the powers.

hey tonight's ep is Headphone Actor. Aww yeah.

Author:   pokemaniac_Y
Date:   May 17, 14 at 2:40am (PST)
This looks very interesting, as it does have some action, which otherwise I would just get out.

So yeah watching first ep.

Date:   May 17, 14 at 3:59am (PST)
quote Rabla
The Ouroboros is meant to represent the 'Monster' we've been gradually learning the story of, though. And I think it has something to do with the origins of the powers.
So Outer Science Foreshadow-yness?

Date:   May 17, 14 at 5:45am (PST)
quote Maximus 3
quote Rabla
So Outer Science Foreshadow-yness?
Yeah that's probably a safe bet. The OP hints at Outer Science super hard, at least.

Date:   May 17, 14 at 6:22am (PST)
quote Rabla
Yeah that's probably a safe bet. The OP hints at Outer Science super hard, at least.
Man, that was just a total stab in the dark. Phew, sorta still stringing the sequence of events based on the escalating scale of the songs and their content (Which is why I was surprised Kagerou Days was so early) so, if I get one right then... Yay me!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.