original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/42/t1774944-psycho-pass/

Author:   luffyluffy
Date:   Oct 12, 12 at 6:13pm (PST)
Subject:   PSYCHO-PASS
-------------------------------------------

Studio: Production I.G.
Episodes: 22
quote MAL
The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kougami, who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.

Okay so, it's written by Urobochi, the word MOE has been condemned by it's staff, and the animation is delightfully juicy. With it's overly gratuitous violent, hypersexuality, and constantly-rainy-neon-lit-future-city, this appears to be channeling the cyberpunk genre of the 80's.

So basically, strap yourselves in, because this is either going to live up to it's pedigree as a noitaminA show or crash and burn spectacularly.

Date:   Oct 12, 12 at 6:14pm (PST)
Subject:   re: PSYCHO-PASS
first episode thoughts: SPLAT

also eh, could be better

Author:   Kanon
Date:   Oct 12, 12 at 6:19pm (PST)
quote luffyluffy
SPLAT
Needless and stupid. Dropped.

D
....<
D

Author:   Mastix
Date:   Oct 12, 12 at 10:39pm (PST)
Could be better, sure. I mean it's trying a little too hard to be gritty. But it reminds me a lot of Minority Report, and I enjoyed that. Will watch.

Author:   Rabla
Date:   Oct 19, 12 at 3:17am (PST)
Well I wasn't big on Episode 1 and its "GUN GUN GUN GUN GUN GUN" but dayum, Episode 2 was a step in the right direction.

This might be really good.

Author:   Flex
Date:   Oct 19, 12 at 9:20pm (PST)
Picked this up just now, and wow, loved it. The action/gore proved to be a good stimulant for me and episode 2 just locked it down.

More so the bit about MC's Psycho-pass remaining unchanged.

Date:   Oct 20, 12 at 10:43am (PST)
The girl, what's her name, she's so cute and it really makes no sense. Why is she so cute?

She's

SHE'S REALLY CUUUUTTTEEEEEE!!!

Date:   Oct 20, 12 at 1:13pm (PST)
quote luffyluffy
The girl, what's her name, she's so cute and it really makes no sense. Why is she so cute?

She's

SHE'S REALLY CUUUUTTTEEEEEE!!!

You could say.....Moe

Date:   Oct 20, 12 at 2:07pm (PST)
She's also voiced by Kana Hanazawa, holy shit that's... new.

Date:   Oct 20, 12 at 2:09pm (PST)
Moe girl voiced by KanaHana in a show that declared war on Moe?

Sup NESSAH.

Date:   Oct 20, 12 at 3:21pm (PST)
It didn't declare a WAR on moe, it just said it wanted to shy away from moe cliches. Duh.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Oct 27, 12 at 1:51pm (PST)
It's just me of the MC looks like the cross of the MC of katekyo hitman reborn and hibari?

Ok, i am labelling this the anime of minority report (the book of philip k dick, not the tom cruise movie)

Any one care to explain to me why, why does the polic is using a well known symbol of healers on their bakcs (the cane with wings and a snake curled on it was hermes symbol, aside his sandals if i recall correctly, nowadays a bunch of health organizations use it)

Date:   Nov 11, 12 at 9:42am (PST)
quote luffyluffy
It didn't declare a WAR on moe, it just said it wanted to shy away from moe cliches. Duh.
so far subverted i think, i read an interview of this, the director forbid the word MOE from being used on the studio

Author:   Mastix
Date:   Nov 17, 12 at 9:06am (PST)
quote Duncan Idaho
Any one care to explain to me why, why does the polic is using a well known symbol of healers on their bakcs (the cane with wings and a snake curled on it was hermes symbol, aside his sandals if i recall correctly, nowadays a bunch of health organizations use it)
Because the caduceus staff was never really meant to be a symbol for healers-- that's the Rod of Asclepius, the staff of the God of Healing and Medicine, which only has one snake and no wings

The Caduceus staff is best associated with trade and commerce, because, like you said, it's Hermes's staff. Buuuuuut it's also associated with anything that could be considered an undertaking mandated by the gods (think Hermes being the messenger of the Gods and therefor the person who would bring instructions from them to humans). Pretty apt for an authoritarian police force that is pretty much doing "God's work."[/div]

Date:   Nov 17, 12 at 9:15am (PST)
quote Mastix
Because the caduceus staff was never really meant to be a symbol for healers-- that's the Rod of Asclepius, the staff of the God of Healing and Medicine, which only has one snake and no wings

The Caduceus staff is best associated with trade and commerce, because, like you said, it's Hermes's staff. Buuuuuut it's also associated with anything that could be considered an undertaking mandated by the gods (think Hermes being the messenger of the Gods and therefor the person who would bring instructions from them to humans). Pretty apt for an authoritarian police force that is pretty much doing "God's work."[/div]
Thanks Mastix-sama!, now i am less bothered by that, watched ep 6 and i am still loving the anime, it's refreshing to have a bold female lead, when the orange hair guy asks, that if she is in love with the male protagonist (i cant remember their names atm) she laughs instead of becoming embarrassed and she can hold her liquor she pretty much drank that whole bottle and was more or less sober.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.