Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Sword Art Online - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/42/t1743655-sword-art-online/5.htm

Author:   Maximus 3
Date:   Jul 27, 12 at 5:45am (PST)
Subject:   re: Sword Art Online
-------------------------------------------
I don't appreciate being linkin parked man, not cool.

Author:   Bread Effect
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 4:45am (PST)
I'm getting bugged by this anime (likewise with other animes like Accel World) where they just ignore so much information that could have been shown. They had such a good opening episode with a great bit of momentum to show off his adventures to get out of SAO. I would have loved to see progression throughout the whole 100 levels, but they decide to cut out soooo much. Even with the episode when they make it to floor 2, I was disappointed they didn't just show the progression to that fight at least a little.

So far I'm just disappointed that this anime, and Accel World, are both lacking in the story development part. The idea, concept, and thought process for both of the animes are amazing, but the person doesn't want to make an anime that goes on. Seems like no person wants to tackle a long anime anymore. Which is thoroughly making me disappointed. Some of the best times I've ever had was watching animes that break the 100 episode marker. This story has the potential to be something huge, likewise with Accel World, but the writer doesn't want to turn them into something good.

At least this story is more interesting the Accel World's. Though I do like Brain Bursts concept better. <3

Author:   Ninthlite
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 10:37pm (PST)
The characters are generic, but the premise and the writing is good. P.S been reading the light novel since it was first translated. Can't say i like the generic cliche harem mashing, but i like the world enough to ignore most of it.

Author:   Mastix
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 10:45pm (PST)
Ninthlite, so you've read the novel. Are there gonna be a lot of haremettes? That'd be sad.

noir, I hear that should be over soon. But I kind of agree on the qualm. I wish we were past this already. I honestly could do without a lot of this. I kinda get why, but it seems like they could develop Kirito AND advance the story at the same time. Instead of these side stories with characters I'll never see again.

I haven't minded these episodes per se, I just feel like they'll wind up being wastes of time.

Author:   GlancingReverse
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 10:50pm (PST)
Kirito and the girls around him are in a strange situation. It's like, there's the potential for a generic harem plot going on, with more members being introduced every new arc, but then they all see that Kirito's sole motivation for life seems to consist of two things, one of which is Asuna, and they all just seem to back off. The author's notes make fun of this fact from time to time.

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 10:51pm (PST)
quote Mastix
Ninthlite, so you've read the novel. Are there gonna be a lot of haremettes? That'd be sad.

noir, I hear that should be over soon. But I kind of agree on the qualm. I wish we were past this already. I honestly could do without a lot of this. I kinda get why, but it seems like they could develop Kirito AND advance the story at the same time. Instead of these side stories with characters I'll never see again.

I haven't minded these episodes per se, I just feel like they'll wind up being wastes of time.
Every book a new chick is introduced...

Author:   Eternal
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 10:51pm (PST)
So when are we meeting these permanent side characters? Hopefully soon?

Ep 4 was decent fun. Nothing amazing, but was enjoyable enough to watch.

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 11:00pm (PST)
Eternal

This message was edited by Mastix(126630) on 2012-07-30T23:11:16-07:00.

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 11:00pm (PST)
quote Ninthlite
Every book a new chick is introduced...
Is the most recent girl one of them? Also how many of them die? Please say several.

GlancingReverse, I guess I don't mind that as long as it doesn't go fullharem on me.

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 11:02pm (PST)
Mastix
The recent one if kind of a decent harem goer, she is not really put into the harem until the second VRMMO. non die )*:.

P.S happy to see people on these fourms hate cliche mashing harems as much as I do!

Check it out yourself, I think the anime is better than the lite novels so far.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 11:07pm (PST)
Ninthlite, no. Most of us don't like standard harems. Lol. Can't say there aren't some exceptions. But there always are.

None of them die huh? I guess the anime got all that out of the way early. Dammit.

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 11:08pm (PST)
quote Ninthlite

Just pointing out that your post contains a lot of spoilers and should really, really, be put under a spoiler box or removed.

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 11:11pm (PST)
quote GlancingReverse
quote Ninthlite

Just pointing out that your post contains a lot of spoilers and should really, really, be put under a spoiler box or removed.

thanks, forgot to put spoilers

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 11:12pm (PST)
I fixed it for ya. No worries.

Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 11:14pm (PST)
You may want to get the other post too, though.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.