Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Fairy Tail 2: Fairy Law - page 11

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/42/t1668112-fairy-tail-2-fairy-law/11.htm

Author:   GhostMember
Date:   Oct 10, 11 at 3:31pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Fairy Tail 2: Fairy Law
-------------------------------------------
quote Exile
I personally don't really care for the new people they brought in. Like it's a crazy idea to make the whole manga fresh, but 7 years seems long and all of that. I'm interested to see what happens, but I'm not sure if I'm sold in yet.
quote Enth E Nd

Some of the new characters look like they could be really cool, but dayum there sure are loads of them. Worried they won't get developed properly and become obselete once Natsu and co eventually return.

>New characters
Everyone still in x791 Fairy Tail appeared in chapter 2.

Author:   Exile
Date:   Oct 10, 11 at 5:56pm (PST)
That is correct. I meant as in New focus/bringing them up and stating who they were. I think I rather then stay in the background as the random members of Fairy Tale. You can add the kid and maybe one or two more to the cast and such, but for the most part they should go back to being in the background.

Author:   Mastix
Date:   Oct 10, 11 at 5:59pm (PST)
There's such a thing as having too many characters in the primary cast. It creates too much clutter. As much as I like developed characters, I think it's best to stick to the cast you've got. There's still plenty of room to develop that. So I'm sort of relieved we seem to be getting back to the good old guild sooner rather than later.

Author:   Exile
Date:   Oct 10, 11 at 8:44pm (PST)
I feel like Mastix said exactly how I feel. We have too many characters already that I can't handle having 10 more. Throw the kid in and that is it.

Author:   Darknet
Date:   Oct 10, 11 at 9:24pm (PST)
If there is anything I've learned from reading A Song of Ice and Fire it's that a lot of characters isn't bad. But I feel bad to admit that no manga writer would be able to juggle as many characters.

Date:   Oct 10, 11 at 9:43pm (PST)
quote Darknet
If there is anything I've learned from reading A Song of Ice and Fire it's that a lot of characters isn't bad. But I feel bad to admit that no manga writer would be able to juggle as many characters.
My favorite fantasy series ever is Wheel of Time, and that has something like 2600 named characters, and a respectable number of them are fleshed out and developed. But yeah like you said, most mangaka can't handle that. In fact, most mangaka have trouble with any more than 10 characters. Surprisingly, manga like Love Hina and Negima do a surprisingly good job, but still lose out. I think part of it is the visual element though. There's a drawn element to each persona that would be difficult to maintain in a manga with more characters.

Date:   Oct 11, 11 at 3:38am (PST)
Mashima has already done with well with large casts in RAVE and FT so far, I see no problem if he wants to flesh out existing characters.

Author:   Mitsuomi
Date:   Oct 11, 11 at 9:34am (PST)
quote Darknet

Echiiro Oda has managed to develop bucketloads of developed characters in One Piece and keep most interesting and fresh.

----------------

I'm not too pleased with this chapter. Basically there was 0 build up the revelation that the island still existed. Also don't like the idea that it existing might mean something like another dimension. Just hoping they aged tis all.

Date:   Oct 11, 11 at 4:55pm (PST)
Mitsuomi, I'm hoping they weren't in some kind of time isolation as well. I want progress. One thing that would freshen a lot of things up is a lot of training in that seven years. I want to see Natsu looking like Gildartz after seven years of absense. And Wendy better be like her Edolas version now. Haha.

Author:   Enth
Date:   Oct 11, 11 at 5:33pm (PST)
quote Mastix
And Wendy better be like her Edolas version now. Haha.
That's exactly what I was thinking of too That chapter cover...

Also I don't mind these new guys being fleshed out and developed. In fact I welcome it. It's just the dread that they'll go back to being nobodies when the original main cast eventually return.

Date:   Oct 11, 11 at 5:40pm (PST)
I think that's wishful thinking on both counts. Though I've got my fingers crossed for Wendy, the sides can't really get the same amount of face time when popular opinion forces Oda to bring focus back to the main cast.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Oct 11, 11 at 6:29pm (PST)
Almost caught up with the anime and soon going onto the manga, but I have a question concerning the Edolas arc:

If Mystogan / Jelall was originally from Edolas, how is it he is able to use magic in the Earthland when the humans from Edolas don't have magic inside their bodies?

Date:   Oct 11, 11 at 6:42pm (PST)
He had several powerful magical staffs. That one he used against Laxus couldn't work on Natsu after he drained Edolas of its magic.

Who knows why he had Exballs, though. People from Edolas don't need such things.

Date:   Oct 13, 11 at 2:54pm (PST)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-10-12/fairy-tail-adventure-manga-gets-film-next-august

Since it was on Aya Hirano's twitter as well, it's quite likely an animated feature despite Kodansha not revealing any specifics.

They've ran out of material (anime just started Tenrou Island), so I think it's either going to be set in this current arc, or a less likely a reboot.

Date:   Oct 13, 11 at 7:01pm (PST)
They could always just animated the seven years of in between time.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.