Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Add On Content Requests - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/41065/t1458893-add-on-content-requests/

Author:   Dameron
Date:   Dec 12, 09 at 5:21pm (PST)
Subject:   Add On Content Requests
-------------------------------------------
If Demon's Souls is truly the juggernaut they say it is, perhaps we should start a wish list for add on content. Maybe with some luck, Atlus will be willing to give us die hard DS lovers more meat and potatoes!

If you could petition Atlus to add any content to Demon's Souls via paid or free digital download, what would you ask them to add?

Author:   Wariyaka
Date:   Dec 12, 09 at 6:05pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Add On Content Requests
Note that Atlus is just the publisher here and have little to do with the production of any content.
Demon's Souls is made by the Japanese company From Softwork and originally published by Sony themselves.
Feels like the best move is to try to petition Sony/From Softwork directly as nothing will happen unless they want to do it.

Author:   kik36
Date:   Dec 12, 09 at 6:36pm (PST)
quote Wariyaka
Note that Atlus is just the publisher here and have little to do with the production of any content.
Demon's Souls is made by the Japanese company From Softwork and originally published by Sony themselves.
Feels like the best move is to try to petition Sony/From Softwork directly as nothing will happen unless they want to do it.
Pretty much what I was thinking. I have not heard word of them developing DLC for the Japanese version....until that happens firts, I wouldn't be expecting any DLC in the near future if at all.

Author:   Dameron
Date:   Dec 12, 09 at 7:32pm (PST)
It was actually meant to be more of a fun "what would you add if you could" than an actual petition. People just have no imagination.

Author:   Krunal
Date:   Dec 12, 09 at 7:38pm (PST)
There's only one thing I'd add.... "Land of the Giants"... nuff said!

Author:   Cangriman
Date:   Dec 12, 09 at 8:51pm (PST)
quote Krunal
There's only one thing I'd add.... "Land of the Giants"... nuff said!
I think we all want that.

Author:   Aeirou
Date:   Dec 12, 09 at 9:46pm (PST)
maiden in black armor.

Author:   death3051G
Date:   Dec 12, 09 at 9:49pm (PST)
how about a new blacksmith where for a certain amount of souls will let you adjust colors of weapons and armor or maybe even size, it would be nice to be able to combine weapons and make a even stronger one also maybe just some new armor and weapons

Author:   Geiger
Date:   Dec 13, 09 at 5:00am (PST)
I'd like a way to alter the quality of your ores. More than once I've had multiple shards or pure stones and not enough chunks. I think if I've got 99 shards, I aught to be able to trade them in on a couple of chunks. Heck, I'd settle for being able to break down a pure stone into 5 or so chunks.

Also, it'd be nice to have some way of using all the excess weapons and armor you pick up. I don't mean nec. being able to sell them for souls, but anything would be nice.

Author:   mast3rlink
Date:   Dec 13, 09 at 5:00am (PST)
I'd like a new world as well with some of the following:

Standard stuff like new armor and weapons, but also some spells and miracles.

New miracles:
More offensive "white magic" such [Insert name for spell of goodness here] such as "Arrow of Justice" where white character tendency boosts its power.
A fast heal miracle.
A miracle that puts a spell-reflection shield on the caster. Would not reflect all of a spell, but would send a major chunk back at the opponent.

New spells:
More elemental spells. Fire is great, but I want ice and lightning magic as well.
Paralyze. 'Nuff said. Can be resisted by endurance to prevent cheapness. Could be similar to Fool's Idols circles.
Revive monster. Could be used on the corpse of a slain demon to have them fight for the caster for a limited amount of time.

Date:   Dec 13, 09 at 7:56pm (PST)
quote mast3rlink
I'd like a new world as well with some of the following:

Standard stuff like new armor and weapons, but also some spells and miracles.

New miracles:
More offensive "white magic" such [Insert name for spell of goodness here] such as "Arrow of Justice" where white character tendency boosts its power.
A fast heal miracle.
A miracle that puts a spell-reflection shield on the caster. Would not reflect all of a spell, but would send a major chunk back at the opponent.

New spells:
More elemental spells. Fire is great, but I want ice and lightning magic as well.
Paralyze. 'Nuff said. Can be resisted by endurance to prevent cheapness. Could be similar to Fool's Idols circles.
Revive monster. Could be used on the corpse of a slain demon to have them fight for the caster for a limited amount of time.

you are thinking for dungeons and dragons, and no offense.. i'd be awesome but it would make the game a hell of a lot easier if you had a quick heal or paralyze ability.. could you imagine invading someone standing behind the black phantom spawn with the paralyze spell?

*shivers*

Author:   mast3rlink
Date:   Dec 13, 09 at 8:29pm (PST)
I've actually never played dungeons or dragons.

I was thinking more along the lines of final fantasy or Oblivion.

And yeah, Paralyze could be pretty cheap. In general, I just want more elemental spells for the sake of creativity and versatility. How cool would it be to bring down lightning from the sky onto the head of an unsuspecting black phantom?

Date:   Dec 13, 09 at 8:52pm (PST)
quote mast3rlink
I've actually never played dungeons or dragons.

I was thinking more along the lines of final fantasy or Oblivion. <- those could be described as dungeons and dragons.

And yeah, Paralyze could be pretty cheap. In general, I just want more elemental spells for the sake of creativity and versatility. How cool would it be to bring down lightning from the sky onto the head of an unsuspecting black phantom?
I was never impressed by lighting.. but cold damage.. i could get into that..

Author:   Geiger
Date:   Dec 14, 09 at 2:53am (PST)
Instead of a paralyze spell, how about a spell and/or weapon effect that slowed stamina regen? Since there's a spell that totally nullifies magic, it only seems fair to put in a spell that hinders physical abilities.

I have another thing for my wish-list. Ways to upgrade armor. You could use the same ores as for weapons and shields but you'd upgrade the different defensive aspects of armor. For example, make armor that's extra resistant to blunt damage. They could also allow you to make armor lighter with the tradeoff of making it less durable.

I know rolling is the best defense of all, but it seems silly to put armor in a game when it really doesn't protect you that much after the first play-through.

Author:   Zaek
Date:   Dec 14, 09 at 4:02pm (PST)
Plague already slows stamina regen. I just want the last archstone to become accessible. I would also like to change colors and stuff as mentioned in a previous post for more personal characters.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.