Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Call of duty 5 - should it be... - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/41019/t1263117-call-of-duty-5-should/

Author:   trundley
Date:   Nov 14, 08 at 12:49pm (PST)
Subject:   Call of duty 5 - should it be...
-------------------------------------------
Who thinks call of duty 5 should have been an extension of call of duty 4 It's just kind of stupid that they've went back to the clunky 1940's hardware when they could use real life army campaigns to make COD 5. and they could have way improved it by being able to switch between 1st person and 3rd person

Author:   Reborn Legend
Date:   Nov 14, 08 at 12:52pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Call of duty 5 - should it be...
Too many run-on sentences and poor grammar for me to take this seriously.

Date:   Nov 14, 08 at 2:56pm (PST)

quote Reborn Legend
Too many run-on sentences and poor grammar for me to take this seriously
whatever bud, obviously you life is such a waste, and you don't have anything better to do you are insulting people to make you feel better.

Author:   Frost
Date:   Nov 14, 08 at 5:06pm (PST)
Lmao... This thread is hilarious. Anyway, if I am correct, isn't Infinity Ward already in progress of making a game titled Call of Duty 5? This game isn't even Call of Duty 5 if I am correct...Treyarch made this game, but Infinity Ward usually makes the Call of Duty games. When Treyarch made Call of Duty 3, it was so Infinity Ward could have a lot of time to make 4, which is why the game is so good.

Author:   Supa Smurf
Date:   Nov 14, 08 at 9:02pm (PST)
quote trundley
quote Reborn Legend
whatever bud, obviously you life is such a waste, and you don't have anything better to do you are insulting people to make you feel better.
he didn't insult you.

He basically just said that it was impossible to make sense of what you were saying, and that's what I thought.

Date:   Nov 18, 08 at 11:07am (PST)
we all think too much.

Author:   Centanu
Date:   Nov 18, 08 at 10:22pm (PST)
quote trundley
we all think too much.
Looks like you don't think enough. =/

Author:   Spyro
Date:   Nov 19, 08 at 6:11am (PST)
quote trundley

quote Reborn Legend
I always thought that the trolls were the ones who's lives were a waste.

Author:   0172
Date:   Nov 20, 08 at 3:01am (PST)
Reading this thread made me laugh. XD

Author:   DeadAssassin
Date:   Nov 20, 08 at 11:24pm (PST)
quote trundley
Who thinks call of duty 5 should have been an extension of call of duty 4 It's just kind of stupid that they've went back to the clunky 1940's hardware when they could use real life army campaigns to make COD 5. and they could have way improved it by being able to switch between 1st person and 3rd person
World At War is not CoD 5, rather it has no number. It can't be called 5, because it is based in WWII, so having three WWII games, then a modern game, followed by another WWII game wouldn't make much since. Nor can they call it 4, because that number is already taken by Modern Warfare.

And yes, I have though on the number of World At War, but I have not spent a great deal of time on it.

Date:   Dec 04, 08 at 3:10pm (PST)
World At War is not CoD 5, rather it has no number. It can't be called 5, because it is based in WWII, so having three WWII games, then a modern game, followed by another WWII game wouldn't make much since. Nor can they call it 4, because that number is already taken by Modern Warfare.

And yes, I have though on the number of World At War, but I have not spent a great deal of time on it.
anyway enough bickering now, hmm i think your right man, but for the record everyone i asked in college about it said it was COD 5 hmm they should realley clear this up, we should have big debate about it. I only think its called this because it is the fith game they have brought out, like many other people although it does have a proper name, i think that it will still be call COD 5, like veryone called modern warfare COD 4. even the nice man on the game advert called it COD 5. But i still persist that they should have stayed in modern times. Hey i thought up this caption for a screen shot of it the other day "pack up your m-16's its back to 1049's clunky hardware."

Author:   NoScoped
Date:   Dec 04, 08 at 11:31pm (PST)
quote trundley
Lol! L2English.

And by the way, CoD:4 DS can't compare to this. WW:2 setting is much better on the DS. Not the bigger consoles.

Author:   Centanu
Date:   Dec 04, 08 at 11:39pm (PST)
Nowhere official will you hear it called COD5. Also, people who are so into modern fighting that they consider WWII games 'clunky old weaponry' are idiots. The oldies are some of the coolest. Hell, gangsters used Thompsons. Do gangsters use M16's? No, no they dont.

I will agree that WWII is pretty overplayed. However, WaW is epic on the DS, and I've heard mixed reviews for the other systems.

Unless I'm mistaken, the game to take the title of COD5 will be another modern one.

Author:   KrazyKain
Date:   Dec 06, 08 at 12:43am (PST)
Call of duty started in WW2 so why shouldnt it continue in ww2?!

I'm happy with waw being ww2.. now wether its 5 or not.. i dont care, but i do refer to it as cod5

Author:   0172
Date:   Dec 06, 08 at 1:36am (PST)
quote trundley
and they could have way improved it by being able to switch between 1st person and 3rd person
Sorry, but that would never happen. Call of Duty has and always will be an FPS series.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.