Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Favorite Civilization and Why? - page 11

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/409/t75684-favorite-civilization/11.htm

Author:   I am stupid HELP
Date:   Dec 27, 04 at 5:08am (PST)
Subject:   re: Favorite Civilization and Why?
-------------------------------------------
I've only played with the Mongols and the Persians but I really liked the Persians because they have the War Elephants.

Author:   badboy124
Date:   Dec 28, 04 at 4:42pm (PST)
The Aztecs and Mayans because I like Anicient Civilizations and their buildings are well sculpted and looks cool

Author:   Ecto5@
Date:   Jan 01, 05 at 12:33am (PST)
All im reading is what your favorite civ is. For example, on the first page, it starts off with which one is better then the other. Everything has a weakness. Its a cycle that will go on and on. But the truth is, all the civs are the same. The reason you might find one to be better then the other is because of your stratagy. So instead of just saying what your favorite civ and why, tell us how you use that civ diffrently.

Author:   Lexxer
Date:   Jan 02, 05 at 1:08am (PST)
Actually, all the civs are not just the same.

Date:   Jan 02, 05 at 1:50am (PST)
So? tell us why there not all the same. If you dont think there equal, tell us why.

---------
P.S. I am signing up, but my hotmail account is down right now for some reason. But I promiss you all that i will be signed up soon.

Author:   Ragnorak191914
Date:   Jan 03, 05 at 1:10am (PST)
Dude you aren't even a member and you think you can come in and bark orders to everyone, geez u might become another catmon. You just stated that "all the civs are the same and the only reason they are different is one's strategy", but this statement is entirely wrong. The civs all have special techs, special abilities, special units and what they can create and how the units operate are completely different as well. It is not only your strategy that makes them dissimilar it is their very qualities.

Author:   Lexxer
Date:   Jan 03, 05 at 8:34pm (PST)
What ragnorak said, and their different bonuses play a huge factor in what you can do with a civ. You won't see anyone flushing with koreans or turks, because they're not a good civ for flushing. If all the civs were the same, they should all work the same for the same things, like flushing, but they obviously don't.

Date:   Jan 05, 05 at 6:12am (PST)
Both of you form an excellent point. But i would just like to point our that pretty everything i say here is my personal oppionion. If you disagry, thats fine.

However, all of those things you refer too (Flushing, special bonuses and units ect...) have to be incorperated with your stratagy. Obviously, diffrent stratagies come with diffrent civs. Look at it this way. Would Ensemble Studios make civs unequal? If that were the case, people would all pick that one civ.

And just to clear things up, my origanal comment was not intendid to "bark orders". It is just my oppionion.

-------------
PS. i will be a member soon, but my hotmail account is down now for some reason, but i will be a member soon.

Author:   CKilla
Date:   Apr 11, 05 at 9:14am (PST)
Go the Aztecs
Garland wars is the best +4 attack and +4 more at blacksmith jaguar warriors end up with 20 attack and champs get 21. the monks get all techs and up to 95 hp. most things get converted b4 they kill the monk. Eagle warriors can kill scout and light cavalry (usually) and besides monks, castles, jaguar warriors, and eagle warriors look cool anyway.

Ps. i have to get back to my homework on Garland Wars anyway.

Author:   Joseph Leito
Date:   May 30, 05 at 10:33pm (PST)
4 words, Spanish are the best!!!!!! They have all researches and ships at the dock,supremecy makes villagers have 3+6 atk, Conquistadors aren't as expensive as most good Elite units, 40 conquistadors can do some major damage to the enemy, missionaries can get away from battles much quicker, Spanish have all the monk research, they have champions, conquistadors, paladins, conquistadors, heavy calv archers, conquistadors, seige rams, conquistadors, arbalests, conquistadors, conquistadors, and conquistadors. And did I mention I like conquistadors?

Author:   Joseph Leito
Date:   May 30, 05 at 10:36pm (PST)
quote CKilla
Go the Aztecs
Garland wars is the best +4 attack and +4 more at blacksmith jaguar warriors end up with 20 attack and champs get 21. the monks get all techs and up to 95 hp. most things get converted b4 they kill the monk. Eagle warriors can kill scout and light cavalry (usually) and besides monks, castles, jaguar warriors, and eagle warriors look cool anyway.

Ps. i have to get back to my homework on Garland Wars anyway.

Aztecs? Meh, they suck bad. So do mayans, mongols, Japs, Chinese, Koreans, and many, many others. As I said in my above post, SPANISH RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author:   ryan726
Date:   Jun 21, 05 at 3:06pm (PST)
I would have to say my fav is the Byzantines. Mainly because they are the one of the few civ's that have gun powder!

Author:   Garkaz
Date:   Jun 22, 05 at 7:30pm (PST)
quote Joseph Leito
4 words, Spanish are the best!!!!!! They have all researches and ships at the dock,supremecy makes villagers have 3+6 atk, Conquistadors aren't as expensive as most good Elite units, 40 conquistadors can do some major damage to the enemy, missionaries can get away from battles much quicker, Spanish have all the monk research, they have champions, conquistadors, paladins, conquistadors, heavy calv archers, conquistadors, seige rams, conquistadors, arbalests, conquistadors, conquistadors, and conquistadors. And did I mention I like conquistadors?
Yeah i like spanish
I like gunpowder and conquistadors alot lik you and the techs as well

Author:   Quake3arena
Date:   Jun 27, 05 at 2:48pm (PST)
i think tetuons are the best against Spanish. Because their unique units(tetuonic knight)are very powerful.Also , spanish cavarly can be killed easily with harlberdiers,pikemans.

Author:   ?
Date:   Jun 28, 05 at 7:28pm (PST)
I personly like the Byzantines because of their strong defence
and their cataphrat

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.