Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Cricket thread [4] - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/40523/t1712237-cricket-thread-4/

Author:   AlexC
Date:   Jan 28, 12 at 11:10pm (PST)
Subject:   Cricket thread [4]
-------------------------------------------
Continue discussing England's embarrassing defeat and Australia's dominant wins over India and anything else in Cricket.

Author:   11kgm
Date:   Jan 28, 12 at 11:23pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Cricket thread [4]
Seriously how are you the number one team in the world?

Author:   DanAndersonKRO
Date:   Jan 28, 12 at 11:45pm (PST)
Because over the past 2/3 years we've been the best side in the world, and a couple of poor performances doesn't change that.

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Jan 28, 12 at 11:50pm (PST)
quote 11kgm

Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 12:02am (PST)
You defeated us when we were in disarray, and beat india who don't travel well what else? We no longer have the walking wicket, no longer 3 spinners in the same series, a fresh ponting and clarke and new leadership. In all honesty i think england will slide especially against india away and RSA at home

Author:   luke225
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 12:03am (PST)
quote 11kgm
Oh dear.

Author:   Red Devil 4 Life
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 12:07am (PST)
It seems easy to say replace Pietersen and Morgan but with who? Bopara? He's been equally unimpressive tbh. The commentators were talking about sticking with 2 spinners in Panesar and Swann and by taking out a batsman for a seam bowler who bats well like Bresnan. I quite like the idea tbh.

11kgm = Piers Morgan. Loves his team when they're winning but no doubt he'll be ripping into the coaches, playing staff etc when everything goes balls up.

Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 12:11am (PST)
Pietersen shouldn't be dropped, scored a lot of runs in the summer, it's just the fashionable thing to dislike him it seems.

Morgan needs to go, not cut out for test match cricket. Bopara has had enough chances so give Morgan this last test (he'll no doubt score 100 to save his place) and then bring in James Taylor for the Sri Lanka tour.

The main worry is the lack of runs from Strauss, no century since Brisbane last year.

Author:   Red Devil 4 Life
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 12:17am (PST)
Seen a lot of good batters for the Lions in Buttler, Hales, Taylor, Bairstow etc. Are any of them test match players? They were talking about Ben Stokes too since he's apparently an all rounder.

Personally I would also like to see Chris Woakes get more games whether it's test or ODI. Saw some potential in him when he played for England last time.

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 12:23am (PST)
quote 11kgm
You defeated us when we were in disarray, and beat india who don't travel well what else?
What else? I've put up with the past month of you talking up Australia as if you're world beaters, against an India who've never won a series in Aus. You're going to undermine our results yet use your results under the same circumstances to talk yours up.

Fully don't expect a response to this from you, so I won't go into any sort of detail explaining why we're ranked number one in the world. I'll just sit back and laugh at you trying to talk up the very team you sit and whinge and whine about so often.

As for England. Think I said at the start of this series it was huge for Morgan as I think keeping him in is only serving to ruin his one day form. I do think the poor performance overall will actually almost mask his poor performances. KP gets more stick than most, but he's a solid no.4. Can't stand Bopara, and some of you with far more knowledge than me suggest Taylor deserves a shot so he should go in at 6 and see what he can do.

Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 12:46am (PST)
quote Red Devil 4 Life
Seen a lot of good batters for the Lions in Buttler, Hales, Taylor, Bairstow etc. Are any of them test match players? They were talking about Ben Stokes too since he's apparently an all rounder.

Personally I would also like to see Chris Woakes get more games whether it's test or ODI. Saw some potential in him when he played for England last time.

I don't think Buttler or Hales are ready for Test match cricket yet but for me Taylor is and potentially Bairstow if required.

Woakes has the potential to be a top player, very similar to Broad in that he's a genuinely good batsman as well.

Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 3:39am (PST)
Good win for the girls today *bleep* some of them are pretty E. Perry rawr

Author:   lambie40
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 9:03am (PST)
Has anybody seen this new guys N.Z have picked for the ODI and T20's against Zim? I know you are not playing the greatest team in the world, but ffs they picked some absolute puffs.

Author:   Chelskiman
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 9:08am (PST)
quote lambie40
Has anybody seen this new guys N.Z have picked for the ODI and T20's against Zim? I know you are not playing the greatest team in the world, but ffs they picked some absolute puffs.
If you're going to put some randoms in, it may as well be against Zimbabwe.

Author:   lambie40
Date:   Jan 29, 12 at 9:11am (PST)
quote Chelskiman
quote lambie40
If you're going to put some randoms in, it may as well be against Zimbabwe.
Fair enough, but why didn't i get the call up?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.