Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Help me decide what to run - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/40362/t1812719-help-decide-to-run/

Author:   Kent
Date:   Jan 02, 13 at 4:58pm (PST)
Subject:   Help me decide what to run
-------------------------------------------

Author:   Soda
Date:   Jan 02, 13 at 5:16pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Help me decide what to run
quote Kent
With how hipster and elitist you guys are,
And this is why you don't get advice from people here. You come in here straight off the bat insulting us, saying we're all hipsters who hate anything "meta", when Psychosis NOS plays every variant of Machine decks he can find(Which you then insult him for "riding the dick of Geargias"), The Lost Soul has played both Inzektors and Wind-Ups in the past and several others have played at least one of the decks you listed in the past.

So next time, instead of coming in here being an asshole and demanding people make decisions for you, try being nice and asking while withholding the whole "hipster/elitist" comments, considering the irony of it is you consider yourself so much more "elite" than the rest of us because you don't follow the same flow of thought as many of us.

Date:   Jan 02, 13 at 5:36pm (PST)
quote Soda
You come in here straight off the bat insulting us, saying we're all hipsters who hate anything "meta"

I agree that I am a little irritable right now, and thats a culmination of many things. I'll edit op.

Author:   Miragedres
Date:   Jan 02, 13 at 10:12pm (PST)
I say run ALL OF DEM Kent! They can all top and win consistently in my opinion. Also, why is Inzektor Hornet in the screenshot for Machina Geargias? YOU TROLL!

Author:   Psychosis NOS
Date:   Jan 02, 13 at 11:45pm (PST)
Machina are consistently disturbing, Inzektors are powerful, but their weaknesses destroy them, Wind-Ups are sacky and destructive, and Agents are consistent, sacky, and powerful.

Your best bet is, in order, Agents, Machina, Inzektors, Wind-Ups

Date:   Jan 03, 13 at 5:30am (PST)
quote Psychosis NOS
Conventional wisdom (aka recent tournament winners ala YCS) would say that order is in reverse Psychosis NOS with maybe Inzektors and Machina Geargia exchanging places. And to be clear, the Deck currently making waves is GEARGIA Machina not Machina ala Machina Gadgets that are around. Machinas by themselves don't do shit.

Date:   Jan 03, 13 at 12:33pm (PST)
quote Miragedres
quote Psychosis NOS
Conventional wisdom (aka recent tournament winners ala YCS) would say that order is in reverse Psychosis NOS with maybe Inzektors and Machina Geargia exchanging places. And to be clear, the Deck currently making waves is GEARGIA Machina not Machina ala Machina Gadgets that are around. Machinas by themselves don't do shit.
Agents are difficult to side against. They're powerful, consistent, and can make ridiculous power plays.

Geargia Machina have all those advantages, except you can easily side against them, and the things you side destroy them.

Inzektors have all of the same, but with less consistency.

Wind-Ups have the least consistency of all of them, with the most devastating things sided against them and the most deck space needed to make their combos viable.

Also, the deck making waves at YCSs tends to be Karakuri Geargia Machina, aka KMX

Date:   Jan 03, 13 at 2:24pm (PST)
Wind-Ups have the least consistency of all of them, with the most devastating things sided against them and the most deck space needed to make their combos viable.
Unless you believe the only 'good hand' for Wind-Ups is magician-shark (Which actually can be a relatively valid opinion), Wind-Ups are more consistent than all of the other listed decks except for Geargia Machina.

The side deck doesn't hurt them as much as people tend to believe it does. Popular sides for the deck all revolves around siding for the Mag-Shark into Shock Master play, which is only done on Turn 1 of Game 1 when the opening player has additional backrow to support the Lock.

The most effective Wind-Up play is the advantage gain with Rat + Rabbit. I often find myself having multiple copies of Shark just sitting in the hand doing nothing, since Rat + Rabbit lets the player constantly plus with almost no risk. The goal is to bait out backrow by coming at the opponent with infinite resources before exploding in their face. This is the better play style in games where you aren't going first with an ideal hand of Magician + Shark + >2 traps (one of which is named Solemn Judgment or Starlight Road).

quote Psychosis NOS
Agents are difficult to side against. They're powerful, consistent, and can make ridiculous power plays.

I'd argue that Inzektors are more consistent than Agents (Although both decks have relatively poor consistency). Agents aren't too difficult to side against either; Macro/Dfissure shut down the deck, and Leeching the Light can be an auto-lose. The latter isn't used as frequently anymore, and the former is an issue for many decks, but I wouldn't base my decision on running Agents purely due to not being affected by the side deck.

The side deck does affect Inzektors and Geargia a great deal, theres no denying that.

This reduces my choices down to Agents or Wind-Ups, thanks.

Date:   Jan 03, 13 at 2:53pm (PST)
quote Kent
Unless you believe the only 'good hand' for Wind-Ups is magician-shark (Which actually can be a relatively valid opinion), Wind-Ups are more consistent than all of the other listed decks except for Geargia Machina.

The side deck doesn't hurt them as much as people tend to believe it does. Popular sides for the deck all revolves around siding for the Mag-Shark into Shock Master play, which is only done on Turn 1 of Game 1 when the opening player has additional backrow to support the Lock.

The most effective Wind-Up play is the advantage gain with Rat + Rabbit. I often find myself having multiple copies of Shark just sitting in the hand doing nothing, since Rat + Rabbit lets the player constantly plus with almost no risk. The goal is to bait out backrow by coming at the opponent with infinite resources before exploding in their face. This is the better play style in games where you aren't going first with an ideal hand of Magician + Shark + >2 traps (one of which is named Solemn Judgment or Starlight Road).

quote Psychosis NOS

I'd argue that Inzektors are more consistent than Agents (Although both decks have relatively poor consistency). Agents aren't too difficult to side against either; Macro/Dfissure shut down the deck, and Leeching the Light can be an auto-lose. The latter isn't used as frequently anymore, and the former is an issue for many decks, but I wouldn't base my decision on running Agents purely due to not being affected by the side deck.

The side deck does affect Inzektors and Geargia a great deal, theres no denying that.

This reduces my choices down to Agents or Wind-Ups, thanks.
NOOO GEARGIA NO

Fine, be that way.

Either option works, though Wind-Ups are easier to work around than Agents due to their traditionalyl low attack

Author:   Quetzalcoatl
Date:   Jan 06, 13 at 4:44pm (PST)
Lightsworns and Gadgets are a great path to go for . Ive had my Gadget deck since 2007 and wtih a few tweeks here and there it still works perfectly fine . Lightsworns are also a great and strong archetype to play wtih . Make sure to add in a good backrow hate in the side deck . Yay !

Author:   aynjel
Date:   Jan 07, 13 at 6:39pm (PST)
Run a Pokemon deck.

Author:   Bass Ultra
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 12:05pm (PST)
quote aynjel
Run a Pokemon deck.
How ya doin man?

Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 3:17pm (PST)
quote Bass Ultra
quote aynjel
Run a Pokemon deck.
How ya doin man?
Preeetty good.

Kent why 2 Messenger of Peace?

Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 5:26am (PST)
2 Messenger of Peace is great with Wind-Ups. Protects your little dudes (aka Carrier Zenmaity so it can get its effect off a second time) and you can discard it whenever you feel ready to OTK aynjel

YCS Austin?

Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 1:27pm (PST)
Too far for my interest, man. I could make it to an Arlington one though.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.