Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Comparing Motherboards - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t527986-comparing-motherboards/

Author:   Tez
Date:   Apr 12, 05 at 5:00pm (PST)
Subject:   Comparing Motherboards
-------------------------------------------
Which is the better of these two LGA775 motherboards?

I'm going to be using it with a Intel Pentium 4 540J Prescott 3.2GHz (800FSB) with HT.

Asus P5P800 (LGA775) Motherboard (MB-082-AS)
You want to experience the speed of the LGA775 CPU yet you're worried about the cost? Then the P5P800 is your solution. It combines the latest LGA775 socket with the 865PE chipset to take full advantage of AGP 8x and PCI slots while providing support for Serial ATA, 6-channel audio CODEC and Gigabit LAN.

- Intel LGA775 Pentium 4 CPU
- Intel 865PE chipset
- AGP8X
- AI NOS
- AI NET2
- Dual-Channel DDR400
- AI Audio
- Gigabit LAN
- ATX v2.0 compliant PSU Required for PCI-E Graphics/Motherboard

---

Gigabyte GA-8IPE775 Pro (LGA775) Motherboard (MB-023-GI)
GA-8IPE775 Pro is the smart solution for the latest LGA775 Intel® Pentium® 4 processor with 800MHz FSB and Hyper-Threading Technology. Powered by the Intel® highest performance 865PE chipset and a variety of cutting edge technologies, GA-8IPE775 Pro is designed to be the full function platform with excellent performance. The architecture of 800MHz FSB, AGP 8x, Dual Channel DDR 400 provides promising framework for excellent performance. This platform features Gigabit Network Connection and delivers optimized network throughput & platform performance. The Serial ATA, IEEE 1394 Firewire are integrated to provide superior I/O performance and data protection. GA-8IPE775 Pro will definitely delivers the uppermost platform with unprecedented computing power and rock-solid stability.

- Supports 800MHz FSB Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with HT Technology (LGA775 Processors only)
- Dual Channel DDR 400 Memory Architecture
- AGP 8X Graphics Interface
- GIGABYTE C.I.A. (CPU Intelligent Accelerator) Technology
- GIGABYTE M.I.B. (Memory Intelligent Booster) Technology
- Gigabit Ethernet Connection
- Serial ATA Interface
- Texas Instrument IEEE 1394 Firewire Interface
- High quality 8-channel audio with UAJ function
- ATX v2.0 compliant PSU Required for PCI-E Graphics/Motherboard

Author:   Tweaker
Date:   Apr 12, 05 at 7:04pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Comparing Motherboards
Really I wouldnt go with either since they dont feature pci-e and pci-e would be the way to go since agp slot gfx cards dont have much of a future left.

Date:   Apr 12, 05 at 9:44pm (PST)
I'm not really worried about fancy graphics to be honest. I'm not a PC gamer.

I've got a decent GFX card which supports dual monitors so I don't need a new one all that much.

Author:   Ace
Date:   Apr 12, 05 at 9:59pm (PST)
asus probably has the best reputation in the industry behind intel and most of their products are priced pretty competitively.

Author:   Hullo
Date:   Apr 15, 05 at 8:30am (PST)
The Asus LGA-775 P5P800 is definitely the better one, i am using it myselp . you will get to see the power of asus if u turn on the memory aceeleration option in the bios. try i gig ram and it will be one of the best pc

Date:   Apr 15, 05 at 10:48am (PST)
Thanks very much, that's the exact reply I was looking for.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.