Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Best motherboard? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1774525-best-motherboard/

Author:   slinger4
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 10:33pm (PST)
Subject:   Best motherboard?
-------------------------------------------
I am looking to build my first computer, and i have a shopping list set up, except i just found out my CPU isn't compatible with my motherboard, so if anyone has any suggestions for a new one i would love to hear them.
Here's the system specs:

Gskill ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 RAM

OCZ Vertex 4 128gb ssd

Galaxy geforce GTX 670 4gb GPU

Cooler Master storm trooper case

Intel core i5 3570k CPU

Enermax pro82+ 625w power supply

2 120mm front fans, 1 140mm rear fan, 1 200mm top fan

ASUS 24x DVD burner

Again, this is my first build, so any and all advice would be appreciated.

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 10:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Best motherboard?
any motherboard with a Z77 chipset will be compatible. id just pick the cheapest board, unless there arent enough places to plug in the fans.

Author:   slinger4
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 10:56pm (PST)
Would a cheaper board be slower, or just have less features?

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 11:01pm (PST)
the motherboard doesnt exactly affect your speeds. it just supports things up to a certain speed, but thats all in the chipset, rather than the motherboard itself. there are only two chipsets to consider for your hardware: Z75 and Z77 (they are similar, but you might as well go with Z77). features may be limited though, yes, but unless you need those features, no point paying for what you wont use.

Author:   PureOCJim
Date:   Oct 14, 12 at 12:28am (PST)
I would state how much you want to spend on a board and surely some will give good suggesstions...

Date:   Nov 04, 12 at 11:27pm (PST)
Subject:   Best motherboard?
With your specs, I would get the MSI Z77-GD45. It goes for about $124 US and A GREAT BOARD.

Author:   martinluthra14
Date:   Mar 15, 13 at 4:19am (PST)
I am using Intel Desktop Board DG31PR. Its awesome mother board.

I am happy with it.

quote slinger4
I am looking to build my first computer, and i have a shopping list set up, except i just found out my CPU isn't compatible with my motherboard, so if anyone has any suggestions for a new one i would love to hear them.
Here's the system specs:

OCZ Vertex 4 128gb ssd

Intel core i5 3570k CPU

ASUS 24x DVD burner

Date:   Mar 15, 13 at 4:42am (PST)
Asrock A55M-HVS mother board is best motherboard for your pc.It is supported for Socket FM1 100W processors and AMDs Cool n Quiet Technology. It has AMD A55 FCH (Hudson-D2) chipset that supports AMDs Fusion processor family.....it will gives you a good performance....

Here's the system specs:

OCZ Vertex 4 128gb ssd

Intel core i5 3570k CPU

ASUS 24x DVD burner

[/quote]

Date:   Mar 15, 13 at 10:46pm (PST)
quote martinluthra14
Asrock A55M-HVS mother board is best motherboard for your pc.It is supported for Socket FM1 100W processors and AMDs Cool n Quiet Technology. It has AMD A55 FCH (Hudson-D2) chipset that supports AMDs Fusion processor family.....it will gives you a good performance....

Here's the system specs:

OCZ Vertex 4 128gb ssd

Intel core i5 3570k CPU

ASUS 24x DVD burner

[/quote]

Umm thats a AMD board not Intel/ It will not work..

OP every Z77 board is very good from Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, ASRock and Biostar. I tested em all and really did not have a bad experience with any of them. CPU performance wise: they all will be about .5% within each other so whatever you pick is OK. Overclocking helps a bit on the more expensive boards with better power phase but that should not be of any concerns. The recommendation for the MSI GD45 is a good one. More expensive board s just have more features that you probably would never need. PCIe 3.0, USB 3.0, Sata III 6G is all you need and it has it all.

Date:   Apr 01, 13 at 4:40am (PST)
MSI Z77 MPower motherboard is also good its is advanced n fast....HDMI v1.4HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is new generation fully digital video/audio interface which can transfer 1080p High-Definition.

Multiple GPUs Supported.... HDMI v1.4,SATA 6Gb/s,USB 3.0,Super Charger,Live Update 5,Command Cente,VIRTU MVP n many other advanced features......

Author:   iokfred
Date:   Apr 17, 13 at 11:23pm (PST)
What about Gigabyte z77? GIGABYTE Z77 series motherboards take advantage of an exclusive All Digital PWM controller array, to deliver power to the board's 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor. Using entirely digital controllers means that more precise power delivery to the motherboard's most power hungry and energy sensitive components is possible. These components include the CPU, VTT, processor graphics and memory, without doubt the most important components on your motherboard. This All Digital Power system, with Precise Auto Voltage Compensation, provides you with exceptional control over the component power delivery on your GIGABYTE 7 series motherboard.

Author:   ashantiqua
Date:   Apr 18, 13 at 8:14am (PST)
quote martinluthra14
HDMI v1.4HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is new generation fully digital video/audio interface which can transfer 1080p High-Definition.

Author:   ashantiqua
Date:   Apr 18, 13 at 8:18am (PST)
quote iokfred
Using entirely digital controllers means that more precise power delivery to the motherboard's most power hungry and energy sensitive components is possible.

Author:   pansydawson
Date:   Apr 22, 13 at 6:02am (PST)
Hello,

My PC has now been old and that time I purchased an ASUS P5 gcmx motherboard which was good not optimum.I would suggest you for Intel motherboard they are giving best services and they are reliable too.

Thanks....

Author:   iokfred
Date:   Apr 23, 13 at 8:58pm (PST)
quote hiigaran
any motherboard with a Z77 chipset will be compatible. id just pick the cheapest board, unless there arent enough places to plug in the fans.
I have encountered ASRock Z77 extreme4 Boot Menu load issues.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.