Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Neoseeker's ASUS & Gigabyte X58 Motherboard Roundup - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1580837-neoseekers-asus-gigabyte-x58-motherboard-roundup/

Author:   leochan
Date:   Sep 29, 10 at 4:04am (PST)
Subject:   Neoseeker's ASUS & Gigabyte X58 Motherboard Roundup
-------------------------------------------
It's a showdown of the high performance, high priced Intel X58 motherboards here at Neoseeker. Under the spotlight in our latest roundup review is the ASUS P6X58D Premium, ASUS Rampage III Formula, and the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R socket 1366 motherboards, all packed with connectivity and performance features designed to help enthusiasts squeeze the most out of Intel X58-based systems. See how they stack up against one other by hitting the link below!

[[article:2628]]

Author:   riiaku
Date:   Sep 29, 10 at 6:39am (PST)
Subject:   re: Neoseeker's ASUS & Gigabyte X58 Motherboard Roundup
shame on you for not including the MSI Big bang Xpower motherboard. That would have made the review complete.

Author:   Vagabond
Date:   Sep 29, 10 at 7:23am (PST)
quote riiaku
shame on you for not including the MSI Big bang Xpower motherboard. That would have made the review complete.
I'm with you. I would love to get my hands on a Big Bang Xpower!

Author:   Gravity
Date:   Oct 02, 10 at 1:44am (PST)
I disagree, if you are going to contest with the big bang, then pit it to the supercomputer, the bloodrage(yes I know it's not as pcie expansive), the classified and the ud9. .

Also a better cooler would be needed if you wanted to pit extreme boards, you'd need to see what you could max out at and not cap to 1.375. Now that would be a round up that the rampage 3 I wouldn't mind to see thrown in too. Of course though this wouldn't be a review then, it would be an over clocking contest lol. I don't think a Big Bang would stretch the voltage much more for his cpu if any.

I was able to push the p6x58D-Premium to 21*228bclk before it was wigging on me. Might be able to get that higher too.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.