Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Conduit 2 Confirmed - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/39957/t1503329-conduit-2-confirmed/

Author:   Akira_EX
Date:   Mar 30, 10 at 2:55am (PST)
Subject:   The Conduit 2 Confirmed
-------------------------------------------

-Published by Sega
-2 or 4 player split screen
-new guns
-giant boss battles
-greater focus on story and art
-takes place in Atlantis

courtesy GAF

Author:   euben0
Date:   Mar 30, 10 at 3:06am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Conduit 2 Confirmed
Though High Voltage isn't ready to spill the beans about specific[online] modes just yet, the studio promises a bevy of new gameplay types, as well as the return of the first game's innovative Bounty Hunter mode.

As you might expect, weapons like the Vortex Cannon will add a few wrinkles to online competition, as will the introduction of different character classes, each with unique attributes. You'll also be able to unlock suit upgrades that bestow your character with special skills; robotic legs, for example, will let you sprint greater distances."

"Right now, the plan is to have one primary suit slot and two secondary slots where you can equip upgrades, but that may change in the final game. From a purely cosmetic standpoint, you'll have tons of options to change your character's appearance using the same modular system the team uses to diversify enemies. For those who prefer to keep their gun fights local, Conduit 2 will feature a two-to four-player splitscreen option for all of the game's competitive modes.

And when you want to take a break from blasting your friends and loved ones, you can team up with them in the new co-op Invasion mode. Up to four players can join forces (either via splitscreen or online), and the challenges they'll face are unique to this mode. Further details remain under wraps, but we always welcome the chance to eradicate some alien scum with our fellow humans."

"Their first order of business: expanding the game's scope, "In the first Conduit, I think the core experience is very sold," says producer Josh Olson."

- ASE returns
- set in Atlantis
- SEGA publishing
- Huge boss battles
- old/new weapons

there is the rest of it
spliot screen!
coop online
oh so fun!

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=118915

Author:   Justin
Date:   Mar 30, 10 at 4:40am (PST)
This made me smile. Thanks for this guys. I'm looking forward to this, but I'm really debating on whether or not to get it.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Mar 30, 10 at 1:16pm (PST)
A better emphases on story: +++
Offline Multiplayer and Co-op: ++
A setting that lends itself to being prettier: +

These are definite improvements that I think will make this game much better than its predecessor. Hopefully they can give the game a bit more character, which was it's primary lacking in the first.

Hopefully it won't just turn into a ripoff of both Halo and Bioshock.

Author:   Arie
Date:   Mar 31, 10 at 2:35am (PST)

Date:   Mar 31, 10 at 2:46am (PST)
I love how you don't post, but instead make a picture saying just what it is you would have said, but in a more compact and easy to read picture.

Date:   Mar 31, 10 at 2:49am (PST)
quote Arie

Author:   Arie
Date:   Apr 01, 10 at 3:19am (PST)
I jizzed a little

Author:   VoltageHero
Date:   Apr 29, 10 at 1:44am (PST)
This....might be the new Killzone...nah, I doubt it but still. Seems good enough to buy.

Date:   Apr 29, 10 at 8:04am (PST)
It looks like there are more boss battles!

That's something they lacked in #1.

Date:   Apr 30, 10 at 3:19am (PST)
Just a side note:

I'm loving the huge link to the conduit two's forum. Nice work, BBB. (:

Author:   Mikstaslaya
Date:   May 04, 10 at 12:55am (PST)
No way it can be coming out soon though, I mean the original isn't even a year old.

Though they are making progress pretty fast. Considering those are obviously pre-beta screenshots they don't look too bad for a game half finished.

So long as they take their time on the key features and needed elements of an online shooter then this can turn out well.

Date:   May 04, 10 at 5:01am (PST)
Mikeymikeymikey!

That's the thing, it's scheduled for this autumn. I think they're rushing this, and it could lead to a bad game.

Author:   Darcshadow7
Date:   May 04, 10 at 5:08am (PST)
I agree. As much as I want it, I dont think they should rush it. They have too many developers working on other games currently.

But, if they can finish their projects and have more developers available, then I could see it happening.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   May 04, 10 at 8:47pm (PST)
They had pretty much started work before the first game even hit shelves, I imagine. Having the plot line basically mapped out, a good portion of the in game assets hanging around from the first game, and the engine already built and tuned up cut out a ton of development time.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.