Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 1.0.4 tomorrow - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/39822/t1754908-1-4-tomorrow/2.htm

Author:   LloydToS
Date:   Aug 23, 12 at 7:02am (PST)
Subject:   re: 1.0.4 tomorrow
-------------------------------------------
My WD is happily cleaning up Act 3 inferno with my ilevel 61 gear. Pets work like they should have from the start to be honest. My DPS isn't insane high as my gear is balanced between defense and offense but I managed to 1shot Ghom and I'm on my way to Azmodan.

Author:   Fatal Error
Date:   Aug 23, 12 at 11:01am (PST)
I need to start working on act II inferno with my DH now. I can probably work with a different build to get by with the new patch.

Date:   Aug 23, 12 at 11:05am (PST)
I'm currently trying to the the remaining 3 classes up to 60, but I'm taking it rather slow. I really can't stand the whole unlocking/lvling thing. Might sound a bit stupid but when they are all lvl 60 I can clean up my stash with all the alt-gear junk I have laying around at the moment.

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Aug 24, 12 at 7:47am (PST)
quote BANDITO ATTACK
they addressed shitty legendaries

they addressed lack of endgame grind with another 100 levels

they addressed terrible class balance

they addressed MF gear swapping

they addressed limited AH searching

literally every complaint was touched on by this patch. are you on coke?
As said there need to be more open areas not connected to the story. How about traveling between acts without leaving and starting a new game? How about fixing the overall drops so that an extra 100 levels wouldn't be necessary to add? The linearity of the game and boringness don't necessarily make it a fun 100 level grind. Addressed MF by working to eliminate it, and capping at 300? MF is part of Diablo, so no, it's dumb.

I do have to say this is a step in the right direction, but it's honestly too little, too late for this game. Myself as well as many others are moving to GW2 tomorrow. I have spent at least a couple hours playing after 1.0.4 to try it out, and it is a little better, but it's still not as fun as Diablo should be. Jay Wilson even admitted that in his apology post on the forums, and I'm glad to see they are adding more than just PvP as endgame content.

I will continue to read up on the game and try it out after upcoming patches, as I have done, but with GW2 coming out tomorrow, and CSGO having released on Tuesday I have too many GREAT games to play with those as well as BF3 and select few games I bought during the Steam Summer Sale. I want to like the game more as I love the series, but as of right now it is not worth my time, even though I may play a little tonight to mess around with the new WD buffs.

Author:   Fatal Error
Date:   Aug 25, 12 at 1:07am (PST)
Your complaints really aren't making much sense now. Magic find isn't being "eliminated" at all, and the cap at 300% is ridiculously high as it is and can actually bee increased with NV anyways. Linearity is simply not something that will be addressed until an expansion is made, and you and everyone else should know that already. Linearity itself isn't even a massive issue, as most games are totally linear anyways, just with more "space" to explore. Opening up more ruins during each playthrough would add a lot and may have been done as well, as I have noticed more dungeons lately.

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Aug 25, 12 at 5:11am (PST)
quote Fatal Error
Your complaints really aren't making much sense now. Magic find isn't being "eliminated" at all, and the cap at 300% is ridiculously high as it is and can actually bee increased with NV anyways. Linearity is simply not something that will be addressed until an expansion is made, and you and everyone else should know that already. Linearity itself isn't even a massive issue, as most games are totally linear anyways, just with more "space" to explore. Opening up more ruins during each playthrough would add a lot and may have been done as well, as I have noticed more dungeons lately.
They could add dungeons and areas with a patch if they wanted to. Saying every game is linear is a terrible argument. Most were when D2 released and yet in D2 you could go back And forth between acts without leaving a game. You could go around wherever without having to advance the story. And Jay Wilson has said he wants to eliminate MF gear, that's what I meant, which is pretty dumb.

Date:   Aug 25, 12 at 5:15am (PST)
They should just have made MF a bonus stat on gear to be honest. Give every piece a little bit with increasingly slim chances of high MF. It would have made less of a difference to swap gear all the time.

Author:   Leonidas-SD
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 6:05am (PST)
I actually like the new MF change, there will be less item swapping which is good since it was a really retarded part of gameplay.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.