Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 1.0.4 tomorrow - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/39822/t1754908-1-4-tomorrow/

Author:   Shiris
Date:   Aug 20, 12 at 7:08pm (PST)
Subject:   1.0.4 tomorrow
-------------------------------------------
1.0.4 coming tomorrow after the The Americas: 3:00 a.m. PDT to 1:00 p.m. PDT (8/21) maintenance/patch

AH Changes:

Players can now cancel their auctions at any point so long they do not have any active bids on them (it will still take five minutes for a listed auction to become searchable, however).

Stat increases which come from slotted gems will no longer be factored in when searching for equipment. Instead, your search criteria will only take into account the base stat values for an item.

Players can now search for stats on Legendary items! Yay!

The Auctions tab and Completed tab will now refresh whenever one of your items has been purchased.Whenever an auction expires or is cancelled, the listing price of that item will now display in the Completed tab.

There's more but those are the ones I felt that mattered.

------------------------------------

Paragorn exp chart
Gives people something to do now, eventually you can hit max mf/gf when you hit paragorn cap.

Every Paragon level will reward you with:
- Core stats such as Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and Vitality in amounts similar to what you'd gain from a normal level
- 3% Magic Find and 3% Gold Find

---------------------------------------

I tried copy and pasting the full patch notes but that didn't work very well lol

Blizzard's Full Patch Notes

Author:   BANDITO ATTACK
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 1:56am (PST)
Subject:   re: 1.0.4 tomorrow
those WD buffs are glorious. can't wait to see how gargantuan holds up in inferno with a pet build.

Author:   LloydToS
Date:   Aug 21, 12 at 9:36am (PST)
Wait, are you saying they listened to those endgame suggestions from a few 'well known' gamers that made those feedback videos after release? (Looking at paragon atm). I'll go check out the patchnotes, maybe there are some things in it making me want to play it again as my main was a WD.

Edit: Just read through most of the patch notes, I'll check it out right now as it seems to already be live on EU.

Author:   CarRamrod
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 5:43am (PST)
I honestly feel like this patch is too little, too late. They haven't addressed the core issues of the RNG items as they are still going to be terrible, as well as having cooldowns, and the linearity of the game will not be changed either. Adding a prestige mode from Call of Duty or Battlefield doesn't fit this game at all

Guild Wars 2 comes out on Saturday, which is why they released this patch trying to salvage a poor player base before GW2 steals the remnants of a once large community.

Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 5:46am (PST)
Hmm I found a new legendary right within the first hour of playing and it's stats were very good for it's itemlevel (60, actual lvl 59). But I'm still having a bit of a meh feeling with the fact that there are no lobbies. Most of the people I know don't play anymore. Also, WD pet build works great for me again. My pets can take quite a punch and the reduced cd on dogs allows me to use a sacrifice build.

Author:   Fatal Error
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 9:12am (PST)
I am not sure what people are calling "prestige mode". Paragon levels late absolutely nothing like prestige mode from those games. They have gone and made the game playable again, which is as much as I can ask for right now. Yes, the linearity and scope need to be addressed, but those will probably be done in an expansion pack and not a patch.

Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 9:52am (PST)
How is it not like prestige mode in CoD or BF3? It's extra levels added to the highest rank. Adds almost nothing to the game either other than MF/GF and some awesome banners!

Author:   Crusad3r
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 12:14pm (PST)
I haven't played in a while myself due to the latest 1.3 update from Minecraft, but this might make me play again.

Guild Wars 2 though...

ARGH!

Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 12:38pm (PST)
quote Crusad3r
I haven't played in a while myself due to the latest 1.3 update from Minecraft, but this might make me play again.

Guild Wars 2 though...

ARGH!
Yea I'm having trouble deciding to buy Gw2 or hold off and wait for a trial if they ever come.

Author:   Fatal Error
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 1:11pm (PST)
quote CarRamrod
How is it not like prestige mode in CoD or BF3? It's extra levels added to the highest rank. Adds almost nothing to the game either other than MF/GF and some awesome banners!
It adds stat increases with each level as if they were normal levels, therefore making the game far more playable and inferno mode less ridiculous as you level further. Since when does prestige mode allow you to level further? Oh, it doesn't, it resets your level in exchange for the new looks. This is absolutely nothing like that at all. maybe if it didn't provide stat increases and forced you to reset your level I would agree, but the reality is that the function of the two really couldn't be more different.

Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 1:59pm (PST)
My mistake then it's like the BF3 one then. There, happy I corrected myself?

And the new patch hasn't addressed the very core issues that have caused such public backlash so it is still a failure up to the moment.

Author:   BANDITO ATTACK
Date:   Aug 22, 12 at 11:27pm (PST)
they addressed shitty legendaries

they addressed lack of endgame grind with another 100 levels

they addressed terrible class balance

they addressed MF gear swapping

they addressed limited AH searching

literally every complaint was touched on by this patch. are you on coke?

Date:   Aug 23, 12 at 2:00am (PST)
The only two major things I'd like to see currently is more areas without story where you can just kill and kill without constantly getting cutscene interruptions or dialogue you've heard a million times. The other is PvP, which should be releasing in the near(?) future.

Author:   Shiris
Date:   Aug 23, 12 at 2:41am (PST)
quote BANDITO ATTACK
they addressed shitty legendaries

they addressed lack of endgame grind with another 100 levels

they addressed terrible class balance

they addressed MF gear swapping

they addressed limited AH searching

literally every complaint was touched on by this patch. are you on coke?
This.

I'd actually be playing again if Guild Wars 2 wasn't coming out in less than 2 days.

Author:   Yoshi Fanatic
Date:   Aug 23, 12 at 6:51am (PST)
This patch was absolutely glorious for WD's. Tankdoctor with pet builds were incredible for me in Act I. I died 3 times due to faults of my own and lost a total of one zombie dog in all of the encounters I faced. My Garg hits like a truck as well. Found a solid 1k dps weapon with 400 int on it in Act I so I'm going to hit Act II up this morning to see how I fare.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.