Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion I ~ Suck my internet connection - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/39822/t1734419-general-discussion-suck-my-internet-connection/4.htm

Author:   Spastic
Date:   May 21, 12 at 12:05am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion I ~ Suck my internet connection
-------------------------------------------
But, then again, they used up all the good plots in D2. I guess they did the best with what they had. Oh well, Diablo has always been about item-finding anyway.

Author:   Inuyasha19
Date:   May 21, 12 at 12:16am (PST)
From someone who hasn't played the first two in the series, I thought it was alright at best. I'm not too fond of the similarities in story between D3 and SC2, as well as the mob links and types from WoW, but I still think the game plays rather well.

Author:   Crusad3r
Date:   May 21, 12 at 4:01am (PST)
quote Inuyasha19
From someone who hasn't played the first two in the series, I thought it was alright at best. I'm not too fond of the similarities in story between D3 and SC2, as well as the mob links and types from WoW, but I still think the game plays rather well.
I haven't played sc2 so I can't comment on that, but the mob types in d3 came from d2. Not WoW

Date:   May 22, 12 at 12:01am (PST)
The Boars and Arachnids look very similar to those I've seen in WoW, and some of the cut-scenes were very reminiscent of the Burning Crusade. Like I said, I haven't played the last two, so there's a good chance that those mobs were taken from D2 and put into WoW. All in all, they seem rather similar to me.

Author:   Crusad3r
Date:   May 22, 12 at 11:39am (PST)
The Arachnids came straight from act 3 d2. I don't even think they changed any styling from it.

Date:   May 22, 12 at 6:59pm (PST)
quote Inuyasha19
The Boars and Arachnids look very similar to those I've seen in WoW, and some of the cut-scenes were very reminiscent of the Burning Crusade. Like I said, I haven't played the last two, so there's a good chance that those mobs were taken from D2 and put into WoW. All in all, they seem rather similar to me.
I'm not sure of that similarity exactly, but it's clear D3 was in many ways inspired by WoW. I would even say D3 is closer to WoW than D2. The only thing D3 kept from D2 was its linearity, not exactly D2's most hailed feature for sure....D3 is pretty much a very linear WoW. I would guess this is intentional so D3 can't compete with their #1 cash cow. One wonders how much this played into the development process.

Author:   Orgazmo
Date:   May 22, 12 at 11:08pm (PST)
I certainly don't think WoW when I play D3. I've played WoW a lot, so I feel like if it was glaringly obvious, I would have made the connection. Don't get me wrong, I can definitely tell that it is WoW-ish, but I think it's a stretch to say it's an isometric WoW.

Except everything being more gear dependent rather than skill dependent. That is definitely more WoW than D2.

Date:   May 22, 12 at 11:10pm (PST)

Author:   LloydToS
Date:   May 23, 12 at 2:14am (PST)
It is kinda unavoidable to compare things. So much has already been done, the story isn't all that amazing. I felt like there could have been more with the act progressing but the gameplay and gearing is what I like the most about this game.

Date:   May 23, 12 at 9:03pm (PST)
Hopefully this isn't unprofessional, lol.

Author:   Shiris
Date:   May 27, 12 at 5:02am (PST)
Look what legendary shield I just found! Time to undersell for 2m lol

Date:   May 27, 12 at 11:39am (PST)
Nice shield. Where did you find it?

I'm having a real hard time figuring out how much to sell rares for on the AH. Any rules of thumb my fellow seekers have discovered?

Author:   Shiris
Date:   May 27, 12 at 2:43pm (PST)
I found it from act 4 in inferno.

I just compare it to other rares of equal stats, and if it seems kinda overpriced (most of the time) I undercut them by a lot. I find a lot of stuff, so I can't afford to have it sit for 2 days if I set the price too high (taking up the 10 slot limit). If it seems like a fair price, then I just undercut a little.

Date:   May 27, 12 at 6:10pm (PST)
I found my first legendary today off the flowers from Whimsyshire. It's actually a pretty good one, Leoric's Crown. ~80 defense for a level 22 helmet.

notbad.jpg

Author:   Skyexplorer
Date:   May 27, 12 at 8:07pm (PST)
My first legendary were a pair of gloves for like level 35. I wore them till today and I sold them for 200K.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.