Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Open BETA This Weekend!! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/39822/t1729836-open-beta-this-weekend/

Author:   Orgazmo
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 12:16am (PST)
Subject:   Open BETA This Weekend!!
-------------------------------------------
Blizzard is giving everyone an invite to the beta from Friday (today) until Monday! Better start ASAP!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739/Diablo%C2%AE_III_Open_Beta_Weekend-4_19_2012#blog

Author:   Gouki
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 2:19am (PST)
Subject:   re: Open BETA This Weekend!!
Hhahaaha, I just wanted to say the same. Good stuff, Orgazmo. Guess I wasn't quick enough on the draw.

Have fun everybody. I won't be participating as I'm Mr. Cool and therefore have had acces to the beta for a while.

Author:   MrDuma
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 5:58am (PST)
only around 7 hours until the beta starts...and it appears there is nothing to be done until then...thinking of playing some Dota just for the time to pass faster!

Author:   HunterKiller666
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 8:31am (PST)
*bleep* yeah there goes my weekend!

Author:   Shiris
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 12:49pm (PST)
Anyone even able to log in?

Author:   BlackLabel
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 1:53pm (PST)
quote Shiris
Anyone even able to log in?
Not yet.. Gonna try again in a bit.

Author:   LloydToS
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 2:27pm (PST)
Having loads of issues trying to log in.. will give it another shot tomorrow morning probs.

Author:   Shiny
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 3:00pm (PST)
No luck. I'm sure I'll past the login screen in the morning when all the Americans are asleep. Really excited about this.

Author:   deeplove
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 7:22pm (PST)
I'm downloading it now. God I want to play it. I can't wait!!!

Yes. Playing it now. only thing it's laggin a bit here and there. But it looks great.

Author:   Orgazmo
Date:   Apr 20, 12 at 11:38pm (PST)
The servers were too full the first time I tried logging in, but I just tried again immediately and got in. Ended up playing for a few hours and got a Monk and a Barb to level 13. Pretty good game, so far. Just wishing it had more content.

Author:   Shiris
Date:   Apr 21, 12 at 3:24am (PST)
Yeah just spent about 3 hours on it with a friend, game seems cool. I liked how it's not about carrying million of pots, town portals and ID scrolls anymore. Fixed a lot of the stuff I hated from the older games.

Not going to play anymore though, don't want to burn myself out before the real game haha

Date:   Apr 21, 12 at 5:09am (PST)
I'm constantly getting an error 37 saying the servers are busy, guess I don't have a chance of logging in for now.

Author:   deeplove
Date:   Apr 21, 12 at 5:14am (PST)
Yeah. At the moment I'm unable to play it since I'm about to be going to work in a few. Sucks. I hope it doesn't do this when it comes out.

Author:   BlackLabel
Date:   Apr 21, 12 at 6:29pm (PST)
Not sure what I think of it to be honest. The game seems somewhat average, I could get this exact same experience from Torchlight 2 in a few months without having to go through DRM. I'm just not all that impressed, I don't even like the graphics I had the game maxed out and it just looked really dated.. I wanted to like Diablo 3 as Diablo 2 is one of the best games of all time, but this just doesn't do it for me.

Date:   Apr 23, 12 at 6:40am (PST)
I have only ever played D2 at my cousins many years ago so I never got far into the game, I can hardly compare the 2 as I simply don't remember much from D2. But D3 on it's own, I will probably enjoy it. I have torchlight and it lacked some things, it just got boring to me and scaling became bad late-game where I was spamming pots on one char to survive while the other had no problem, simply because of RNG gear. I think D3 will tide me over because of the traps and profile-shared money equipment and skills, I also had some fun playing in multiplayer with my brother. I will likely just hold off with buying it for a few weeks and check out how the game plays out later in the game, mostly content wise.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.