Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Who's gone back to D2 after seeing this game? - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/39822/t1185139-whos-gone-back-to-d2-after-seeing-this-game/2.htm

Author:   Xoatl
Date:   Jul 03, 08 at 9:22am (PST)
Subject:   re: Who's gone back to D2 after seeing this game?
-------------------------------------------
I believe this is going to knock WoW off of it's high horse once and for all.

And I would play D2 but there's a shit load of modders ;___;

Author:   Arcaida
Date:   Jul 03, 08 at 9:31am (PST)
Play single player and only do closed/icp/lan games if you want to play with others. Don't even bother with Open Battle.net, and Closed is alright, but the spam bots are off the hook these days, and rather annoying.

Author:   The Omega
Date:   Jul 03, 08 at 10:02am (PST)
Spam bots were more incentive to get your character to Nightmare difficulty I played solo rather often too, and they normally didn't make it into my grinding run games before we filled up or completed the run, so they only gave me problems when partying up to fight bosses or certain other quests.

As I said in the game info thread, WoW and DIII are two separate styles of gameplay. One is an MMO and one is a single player / small group action RPG. You can easily play one and have a different and still fun gaming experience with the other, which is why Bliz is making DIII more action oriented. This is not going to "knock WoW off its high horse" at all. You may get gamers who stop playing WoW just because DIII would take up more of their time, but that number is far less than it sounds like you want it to be, and will not make much of a dent in Bliz's active WoW accounts.

Author:   Vanhishikha
Date:   Jul 03, 08 at 2:51pm (PST)
Lmfao, soon as i saw this, I installed D2 & D2:LOD, and have been playing since, XD.

Author:   The Omega
Date:   Jul 03, 08 at 11:50pm (PST)
Meh, I'm about to load up DII as well, make sure it's patched up to date, and likely just play single player to go at my own pace (likely a paladin, the first class I ever made in DII).

Okay, now I remember why I haven't played much DII in awhile, in causes pain in my wrist from all of the clicking I much prefer using hotkeys for my PC games, so I'll check to see if I can replace my left and right click with a keystroke, which I haven't bothered checking for in the past.

Date:   Jul 04, 08 at 8:49am (PST)
Up and running. Can't play Battlenet, but if anyone's ever interested in playing a game on Open, give me a shout. I only have an 8 Zealot at the moment, but whatever.

EDIT: just kidding. I'm playing with the Median 08 mod now. If anyone else feels like giving that a spin, I'd be glad to play with them.

Author:   okumsup
Date:   Jul 05, 08 at 2:58am (PST)
If anyone comes onto us east on non-ladder, hit up treesareuber, we can play.. level 84 right now

Author:   Sunderdown
Date:   Jul 05, 08 at 11:15am (PST)
Damn you all! I now have an overwhelming urge to play Diablo II thanks to reading this, (oh well) and I'm currently playing Hellgate, (which I sorta want to finish, which isn't going to happen for a while now). I may have to see if my internet holds up for online play on this old machine...

Author:   Victor123
Date:   Jul 05, 08 at 11:57pm (PST)
I'm guilty of it too.

Author:   Saints Rlfc
Date:   Jul 07, 08 at 11:39am (PST)
I went back to it for abit, topping up on the story. Hope it is just as good in Diablo 3.

Author:   Sunderdown
Date:   Jul 07, 08 at 12:09pm (PST)
You know, I've never actually finished the game personally (the expansion at least, only killed Diablo once), seen someone else do it though, on all 3 difficulties, with a good ol' paladin.
Edit: I may also be open to playing multiplayer games like Dine_Agoti said, though there are no chars on this computer at the moment, and I also probably play at funny times compared to some, if not most people here, I can play 12-7pm GMT most days if asked.

Author:   Salty
Date:   Jul 10, 08 at 6:52am (PST)
I doubt it will kick WoW down anymore than a notch or two... and even if it does so what? They're still on Blizzard servers.

FYI: still playing on the east coast server... so fun even with the crappy graphics!

Author:   Albino_Fro
Date:   Jul 10, 08 at 10:44am (PST)
Baal bots are so entertaining.

88 Trapsin on USWest

*scruffles14 If you wanna play, although i'm on at weird times for those folks in America (Stupid GMT+12 Timezone....)

Date:   Jul 10, 08 at 10:57am (PST)
I'm back to playing standard LOD and I've kicked the mods to the curb. I don't get on much, but if someone wants to set up an ISP game sometime, I'll be glad to play. Hell, I'll host the game, and whoever wants to join is more than welcome.

Author:   Albino_Fro
Date:   Jul 10, 08 at 11:06am (PST)
on Single Player?

I thought Single Player was only for Characters that are mad haxxed up......

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.