Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Who's gone back to D2 after seeing this game? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/39822/t1185139-whos-gone-back-to-d2-after-seeing-this-game/

Author:   Salty
Date:   Jul 02, 08 at 7:00am (PST)
Subject:   Who's gone back to D2 after seeing this game?
-------------------------------------------
I'll admit... it made me miss the good ole' days and I've been playing for about a week now. Did anyone else install that ancient game and start playing again?

Author:   BluePhoenix
Date:   Jul 02, 08 at 7:13am (PST)
Subject:   re: Who's gone back to D2 after seeing this game?
Aye i have
its a true classic and one of my favorite games

Author:   Albino_Fro
Date:   Jul 02, 08 at 7:17am (PST)
I started playing it once the ladder reset, I never really lost interest in D2 lol, although I had to laugh at someone who was whinging because they had set up a D2 item shop and how it would be worthless once D3 was released.

Author:   Arcaida
Date:   Jul 02, 08 at 7:50am (PST)
I was really heavy into modded play a month or two ago, until my other computer's hard drive fried. This computer doesn't have a functioning disc drive or much ability to function at all, really. But I got the digital download tonight, because it's seriously my favorite game series ever.

I actually think I might go play my copy of Diablo on Playstation.

Author:   Dine_Agoti
Date:   Jul 02, 08 at 8:12am (PST)
Yeah, I'm playing it again. Trying to play with my brother, but it's been a bitch getting it all to work properly (he lost the CD keys).

And I'm torn as to whether I want to play on the realms or not. If I play on battle.net I won't be able to play with most of my friends, since they all downloaded key generators, haha.

Date:   Jul 02, 08 at 8:20am (PST)
I'm just going to play single player, but probably toss up the Median 08 mod to make things a little different. I just dropped 40 bucks on the two, so I figured I'd better get some enjoyment out of it as opposed to senselessly wasting my time. Although I really need to stop blowing my money >_>

Author:   Cipherwink
Date:   Jul 02, 08 at 12:14pm (PST)
Yeah! I'm gonna play it again! From the beginning!
You are a loser if ou play D3 with no background on it!
What I mean is you're nuts and will become terribly nuts once you play D3 without playing the firt Diablo games!~

Author:   The Omega
Date:   Jul 02, 08 at 2:47pm (PST)
I have the urge to play DII again as well, and I'll likely play it on single player sometime soon, but right now I'm busy with WoW. Now that I know DIII will be released, I figured I shouldn't worry getting several characters to 99 and a bunch of good items with the thinking that there won't be a DIII.

Author:   HunterKiller666
Date:   Jul 02, 08 at 3:18pm (PST)
I've actually went back playing D1 just to learn the story (I've never played through D1), and it has been a painful experience. It's amazing when you compare interface of D1 with D2 and see how much improvement D2 has made. I don't think I will finish D1 this time either, so I'll probably just read some guides to learn the whole story.

Author:   Lords of Darkness
Date:   Jul 02, 08 at 8:07pm (PST)
It made me want to play D2 again. I went to go buy it again last night, but the store only had the expansion, not classic or the battlechest.

Author:   Dine_Agoti
Date:   Jul 02, 08 at 8:32pm (PST)
quote HunterKiller666
I've actually went back playing D1 just to learn the story (I've never played through D1), and it has been a painful experience.
I did the same. Although, it was a lot less painful for me because I used to play it all the time way back when. But yeah, it was tedious, haha. Especially without the ability to run.

Oh and hey, if anyone wants to play an IP Multiplayer Game (i.e. playing your single player character online) with me just send me a PM. I'm only a couple quests into Act I right now.

Date:   Jul 02, 08 at 9:43pm (PST)
quote Lords of Darkness
It made me want to play D2 again. I went to go buy it again last night, but the store only had the expansion, not classic or the battlechest.
I bought the digital download last night, but for some reason decided not to actually download the game. I might be willing to just fork my downloads over to you instead, if you'd like.

Also, Diablo 1 doesn't take as much time to complete as Diablo 2, and is a lot more straightforward. You might not be able to run, but it's still an amazing game.

Author:   Albino_Fro
Date:   Jul 03, 08 at 3:47am (PST)
Arcaidia, you play Median?

We should Hamachi it up

Date:   Jul 03, 08 at 6:49am (PST)
I'd spent some time with a few different mods, and Median was the last I started. I never got far, however, because that computer ate it, so to speak. This one has no disc drive and terrible connection issues, so playing isn't really feasible until I get my new computer, sometime in a month or two.

Once that happens however, I'll be glad to light you all up on Battle.net, if you are so inclined.

Just kidding. I don't even pvp.

Author:   LordMaximus
Date:   Jul 03, 08 at 8:29am (PST)
I keep finding myself wanting to play, along with some of my friends beckoning me to return.

I'm going to resist until D3 comes out.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.