Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Game Information - (Contains News, Interviews, and Gameplay Videos/Trailers) - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/39822/t1182880-game-information-contains-news-interviews-gameplay-videos-trailers/4.htm

Author:   Cmm
Date:   Aug 29, 10 at 6:27pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Game Information - (Contains News, Interviews, and Gameplay Videos/Trailers)
-------------------------------------------
^^
lol

Author:   Marc
Date:   Aug 30, 10 at 12:48am (PST)
Subject:   re: Game Information - (Contains News, Interviews, and Gameplay Videos/Trailers)
I havn't seen it mentioned in the general info thread.

Author:   Orgazmo
Date:   Oct 26, 10 at 6:19am (PST)
Shared stash was announced for Diablo 3 across your characters. Hell yeah!

Author:   Cmm
Date:   Dec 22, 10 at 8:00pm (PST)
Not some update but one funny article to read Rejected article

Date:   May 09, 11 at 10:44pm (PST)
Blizzard stated in the conference call today that the Beta will start in Q3 which is from July to September. While they still aren't sure if the actual game will release this year, they know for sure it'll release next year, if not this year.

Date:   Aug 01, 11 at 8:03am (PST)
Tons of new information. I won't go into detail, but this is just a quick overview;

There will be an auction house that you can buy/sell items/characters with REAL MONEY or in-game gold.

Blizzard will not be selling items/characters.

No more stat points.

All characters will learn all the skills as your progress, but you will only be able to choose between 6 active skills and 3 passive skills to use at any one time without swapping them out.

Cauldron of Jordan: Ability to sell anything directly from your inventory, do not have to be in town.

No more personal stash, it will be account-wide and will act like the Bank from World of Warcraft. Expandable by purchasing new tabs. Presumably with in-game gold.

Will be updated when I find out more.

Author:   Animatrix
Date:   Aug 02, 11 at 5:33am (PST)
Is D3 gonna have a full open world this time around, or are they going to stick with D2: LoD quest layouts?

I think they could really pull off traveling the whole world, maybe with some loading times involved though.

Date:   Aug 03, 11 at 5:17am (PST)
Diablo isn't really a questing type game, so, complete open-world gameplay like WoW just wouldn't suit it.

From what I understand, they are going to stick to Diablo 2: LoD's style, but add a few more quests into the mix. I think they were even talking about class specific quests, but I could have misunderstood that.

Anyway, Diablo has always had completely random level generation. Making it anymore "open-world" than it already is would take that away and make the world static. That's not exactly what the Diablo series is about. :/

Author:   Gouki
Date:   Sep 08, 11 at 4:02pm (PST)
Blizzard released the Diablo III system requirements.

Can your PC handle it?

Author:   HunterKiller666
Date:   Sep 08, 11 at 4:09pm (PST)
Meh my laptop can barely handle SC2 on minimum graphics setting and D3 requirements are even higher. FML

Date:   Sep 08, 11 at 4:12pm (PST)
That's too bad. Keep in mind though that the full release is still several months away. You might have enough money by then to upgrade your computer.

Author:   HunterKiller666
Date:   Sep 08, 11 at 4:27pm (PST)
I'm too cheap to get a new PC just to play one game, unless my laptop craps out by then. That's why I'm really hoping I get to play Beta so I know for sure that my laptop can or can't run it.

Date:   Sep 09, 11 at 9:31am (PST)
If your setup can't handle the higher settings of Diablo III, here is a video showcasing the 'low', 'medium' and 'high' graphic settings.

Diablo III (beta) graphic comparison

Date:   Sep 09, 11 at 12:04pm (PST)
Blizzard has now allowed anyone with acces to the beta to share footage of it. So be watchful for all the upcoming footage!

quote Bashiok
If you have a beta license, you are free to show, share, or talk about any portion of the beta content to which you have access, as this beta test is not confidential.
Source

Date:   Sep 13, 11 at 6:52pm (PST)
Blizzard has updated their site. It is now possible to see all the skills, rune abilities on said skills and more! Check it out for yourself.

Diablo skill calculator

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.