Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Breeding shiny pokemon? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/39431/t1368479-breeding-shiny-pokemon/

Author:   assasinMS1037
Date:   May 27, 09 at 1:34am (PST)
Subject:   Breeding shiny pokemon?
-------------------------------------------
Imma take a shot in the dark on this cuz i have 5 shiny in my current party and i want my six spot to be shiny to. is it possible to breed "Shiny" into a pokemon, or am i just hoping for the impossible. Also what would boost the odds on me find a shiny anything? preferable Ditto.

I dont want anyone yellin at me either or calling me names.As far as I knew this was a freindly place to help people or get answers. And i see all these cocky or mean answers. So poeple chill out:confused:

Author:   pokeauras3
Date:   May 27, 09 at 1:38am (PST)
Subject:   re: Breeding shiny pokemon?
No. Just because the parent is shiny does not make the baby a shiny cause then that parent shiny would just keep poppin em out and yeah... XD

I'm pretty sure the only thing that boosts odds of getting a shiny is the wild pokemon streak. MAYBE if there is a shiny parent/s but I'm not sure.

Date:   May 27, 09 at 1:48am (PST)
thank you i hope so:)

Author:   Sammo
Date:   May 27, 09 at 9:18am (PST)
quote assasinMS1037
Also what would boost the odds on me find a shiny anything? preferable Ditto.
The pokeradar does once you get a chain of about 40, you get it after defeating the Elite Four.

Author:   snapperfishes
Date:   May 27, 09 at 11:38am (PST)
You gotta have insane luck to be able to chain a ditto lol. I have yet to see a single ditto in the trophy garden... dang old man is obessed with Happiny.

Author:   ugotmilk
Date:   May 28, 09 at 1:56am (PST)
Christ, I know it works in second gen. but I have yet to see confirmation in Platinum, can someone prove/disprove it by doing experiment?

Author:   metal4ever
Date:   May 28, 09 at 2:41am (PST)
I read in Serebii that you used to be able to breed them in the past gen, but not this one. I can't provide a link, too lazy, but you could try looking under the shiny pokemon section of Serebii.

Author:   ST3V1E
Date:   May 28, 09 at 2:43am (PST)
In the 2nd Gen, there was a 1/64 chance to have a shiny baby pokemon hatch if at least one parent was shiny. In the 3rd and 4th Gens, the parents being shiny does not increase the chances of the baby being shiny at birth.

Author:   Elliot Gale
Date:   May 28, 09 at 2:46am (PST)
That's because in GSC, the shiny factor was dependent on the Pokémon's IVs. If all their IVs were the same number, they'd be shiny, which would also explain the increased odds of shiny offspring when shiny parents were involved.

It's just totally random in Adv and forward.

Breeding a Pokémon with one from a foreign-language game, however, increases odds from 1 in 8000whatever to 1 in 2000whatever in DPPt.

Author:   metal4ever
Date:   May 28, 09 at 6:35am (PST)
quote WiseLugia
Breeding a Pokémon with one from a foreign-language game, however, increases odds from 1 in 8000whatever to 1 in 2000whatever in DPPt.
Where'd you get that from? O-o

Author:   Sammo
Date:   May 28, 09 at 8:51am (PST)
quote metal4ever
Where'd you get that from? O-o
He is the king of poke-knowledge, go figure, xD

Author:   ugotmilk
Date:   May 28, 09 at 9:09am (PST)
one in two thousand!? r u kidding me!? I know that shiny pokemon are rare but for christ sake, give us a chance!

Author:   BB_Brona
Date:   May 28, 09 at 1:47pm (PST)
Well my sister bred shinyies in her Pearl game and 2/5 eggs hatched as shinies... And thats only the 5 I took off of her.

Author:   bond007106
Date:   May 28, 09 at 3:26pm (PST)
Well either she cheated, or she was unbelievable lucky. Becuase those are certainly not normal odds.

Date:   May 29, 09 at 1:47am (PST)
quote ugotmilk
Christ, I know it works in second gen. but I have yet to see confirmation in Platinum, can someone prove/disprove it by doing experiment?
Im still workin on finding ditto and wen I do i will experiment and see wut happens. I,ll make a new thread on it.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.