Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: High grade platinum horn (white monoblos) - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38854/t1769953-high-grade-platinum-horn-white-monoblos/

Author:   eagle2535
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 12:01am (PST)
Subject:   High grade platinum horn (white monoblos)
-------------------------------------------
Alright, I know how to get the item but I'm having the worst time ever killing the damn underground camper. I'm doing the epic hunt operation desert winds (plesioth and white monoblos) but i fail most of the time. PLS HELP!!!

P.S. i use SnS or hammer, nothing else so don't spam me with 'HBG, HBG, HBG'

P.P.S. i'm HR5 and 9* Nekoht, trying to get monodevil U so if you have better armor recommendations (preferably good armor for rajang, i hate the bastard), those are welcome too.

Author:   navv
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 3:57am (PST)
Subject:   re: High grade platinum horn (white monoblos)
Hey u cam make true devil slicer and upgrade it or if you dont have the materials to upgrade it just use it and get a set with evade distance up and evade +2 like Narga one and if you want i can help you do it if its a Guild hall quest

Author:   gn_x00
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 5:41am (PST)
quote eagle2535
(plesioth and white monoblos)
LoL.
you reject the easiest option for this quest (Bowgun. Light or Heavy) and you take one of the worst possible weapon for this quest.

Hammer is not that useful for monsters that isn't weak on the head.
Plesioth is weak on the stomach.
Monoblos is weak in:
1. neck > tail (impact)
2. Tail > Wing (slash)

At most the best strategy I can give is pound the leg until they fall and attack their weak point. both with SnS or Hammer
for hammer though, if you plan to hit the monoblos head, you will want to triple pound in the area in front of his head so that the golf swing hit the head. you might need to train a bit to hit it.

You might need to evade more if you die to often.
Evading Plesioth's attack is a bit tricky because of the broken hitbox. that's why melee, especially with no guard like Hammer or weak block ability like SnS is not really good for Plesioth (Except if you can evade his attack with Roll, which, you shouldn't be dying if that's the case)

and use thunder or fire SnS
quote eagle2535
P.P.S. i'm HR5 and 9* Nekoht, trying to get monodevil U
LoL.
you die often in full HP and you're trying to get armor with Adrenaline, which need you to be on low health to be actived

quote eagle2535
P.S. i use SnS or hammer, nothing else
quote navv
Hey u cam make true devil slicer
LoL.

quote navv
if you want i can help you do it if its a Guild hall quest
LoL.
you don't even notice that Monoblos is offline only

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 10:31am (PST)
quote gn_x00
quote eagle2535
(plesioth and white monoblos)
LoL.
you reject the easiest option for this quest (Bowgun. Light or Heavy) and you take one of the worst possible weapon for this quest.
ok, ok I might try a bowgun, but I can't ever decide on which one to buy because of ammo restrictions so can someone please recommend a few of them?

Author:   Hanners
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 12:26pm (PST)
Frankly, look for a bowgun that fires Pellet S level 3. If you can't find that go for level 2. Then, bring enough crafting materials to craft more of the ammo. Try getting some armor that gives you Evade +2 and/or Constitution +1.

If you really want to use SnS... Just keep wailing on its legs, use traps (shocks, not pitfalls.) and bombs to break the horn. (Since the SnS will barely ever reach the horn, and it's kinda dumb attacking from the most dangerous spot.

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 12:37pm (PST)
quote Hanners
If you really want to use SnS... Just keep wailing on its legs, use traps (shocks, not pitfalls.) and bombs to break the horn. (Since the SnS will barely ever reach the horn, and it's kinda dumb attacking from the most dangerous spot.
Just saying, when (white) monoblos digs underground, if it goes over a trap then it blows up, HE KEEPS ON BLOWING MY TRAPS UP, and im gonna try with LBG

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 12:48pm (PST)
Traps are destroyed by careless hunters. Monoblos doesn't run around junking traps just for the kicks. If you know not to stand in your own traps, he'll never blow them up. Just bait him to charge into them. If he burrows, make sure you aren't near your trap. Simple.

Author:   navv
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 3:38pm (PST)
u have to be a pro if u want to use hbg or bow and only high rank armors work with monoblos and its easier to do this with gs and ls so dont make others reply's wrong first look at yourself

Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 7:06pm (PST)
quote Hanners
Frankly, look for a bowgun that fires Pellet S level 3. If you can't find that go for level 2. Then, bring enough crafting materials to craft more of the ammo. Try getting some armor that gives you Evade +2 and/or Constitution +1.

Yeah... the only thing is that my healing items take up most of my inventory and in the quest, I always use all of them Anyway, would gemmed Narga armor be good? (to get high grade plat horn OR just as a normal armor set)

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 2:39am (PST)
Narga armor would be perfect. The Evade Dist Inc skill makes it much easier to HBG or just LBG the monoblos. I find it a little difficult to fathom that you don't have 4 inventory spaces left over for pellet shot / materials.

quote navv
u have to be a pro if u want to use hbg or bow and only high rank armors work with monoblos and its easier to do this with gs and ls so dont make others reply's wrong first look at yourself
... what?

Author:   gn_x00
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 2:48am (PST)
Combo Book 1
Combo Book 2
Combo Book 3
Combo Book 4
Potion
Mega Potion
Honey
Herb
Blue Mushroom
Hot/Cool Drink
^
^
^
my default inventory when I start playing Monster Hunter for the first time...
I thought that much healing items already a lot and I guess I still have a lot of space to bring Ammo
Just need
Small Bone Husk
Wyvern (Fang/Claw... forgot which one for pellet s)
Pellet S lv 3

quote navv
Lol. every newbie who try bowgun for monoblos is expert then.
even though it is easy enough to just shot the tail and let it die in a very short time

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 2:59am (PST)
That's almost exactly the same as what mine was. Sans the blue mushrooms and herbs. I didn't bring them just so I'd have enough space to packrat more stuff. :l
Did I mention I only have 10 spaces left in my entire stash before it's full??

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 11:33am (PST)
The bowgun that i'm happiest with is aqua blade shower, if its good pls tell me and if not then pls recommend a different bowgun

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 11:41am (PST)
quote gn_x00
Evading Plesioth's attack is a bit tricky because of the broken hitbox. that's why melee, especially with no guard like Hammer or weak block ability like SnS is not really good for Plesioth (Except if you can evade his attack with Roll, which, you shouldn't be dying if that's the case)
I'm not dying at the Plesioth, I pwn him but then the white monoblos frigging CAMPS UNDERGROUND ALL THE TIME!!!
*smashes something*

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 3:38pm (PST)
Hmm, that one isn't bad. But it can't fire any Pellet S3's.

My favorite for farming the monoblos back in high rank was the Maelstrom+, but looking back now... The Green Blade Shower was the best one to use for Pellet, so I would recommend that one. Pellet S3 is the only pellet shot you'll ever need. Just bring the crafting mats for it too.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.