Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Two tigrex!! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38854/t1768790-two-tigrex/

Author:   Zartan13
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 3:03pm (PST)
Subject:   Two tigrex!!
-------------------------------------------
Any advice on the land of tremors village quest? That's the last one I have to do before the akantor urgent shows up. I've tried it with narga armor and devil slicer (good sharpness and thunder attribute) but I keep running out of time waiting for them to be in different areas or die fighting both of them! Any advice on equipment or strategies?

Author:   Hanners
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 3:20pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Two tigrex!!
A neat little trick to use at the beginning of the game is to run into an area that has both of them, paintball one so it's alerted to your presence, but make sure the other has not seen you yet, as soon as it's alerted, run out of the area.

Autotracker is extremely useful in this capacity, since you can keep tabs on both of them. Since you alerted only one, the one that never saw you will leave the area first. Then you can go back and attack the one you had alerted earlier. I used this strategy myself when I was doing that quest. It worked pretty well.
Let me know how it goes if you decide to try my method.

Author:   gn_x00
Date:   Sep 30, 12 at 5:05pm (PST)
At the beginning of the quest, use Farcaster. there's a tigrex in the area just outside the camp.
at that area, the other one will not come (if you are fighting the one in the top, the 2nd one will join there soon enough)

try damaging the Tigrex in the area just outside the camp as much as you can. even though you might not be able to kill it there, but the damage should be quite big. don't forget to paint ball it. after they change area, make sure to kill the almost dead one first.
you might want to capture so that it will be faster (don't forget to bring trap and tranq. it is really frustating when you want to capture but forget to bring traps or tranq while already halfway through the quest)

now for the armor, if you should learn evading Tigrex attack without Evade Distance, then use Ceanataur S.
the damage increase from Sharpness+ 1 is too big to be missed. especially when you want to kill the first one as fast as possible,
and if you use Ceanataur S, get the narga Long sword. It is a raw Longsword, but at that stage of the game where not all weapons reach Purple sharpness, the damage boost is really great

If you don't want to bother about my advice in armor and weapons, at least upgrade you devil slicer to TDS if you haven't done so

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 6:01am (PST)
I got the hidden saber, hidden breaker, and the hidden ones so I got a pretty good selection of weapons that have good sharpness and great raw damage too choose from. I can easily beat the two rajang 6 star quest so should I upgrade my rajang longsword so I get the blue sharpness and the thunder attribute.

Author:   gn_x00
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 7:17am (PST)
quote Zartan13
?
duh. there's an edit button for the next time you want to double post. and double posting/triple or more will only make people don't want to respond to your post instead of making them respond faster.

as I said, purple sharpness that come from Sharpness+1 on narga weapons is a really great damage boost. the damage boost is about 15% IIRC. I never see an amount of thunder element or any element that can beat the damage boost of purple sharpness.

and FYI, True Devil Slicer and its upgrades, no matter how much I hate it, is still better than the Rajang ones and its upgrades.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 9:46am (PST)
Niiiiice! Thanks to you're help I've gotten to the akantor urgent. Thanks.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.