Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: My progression thread - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38854/t1763068-my-progression-thread/

Author:   Hunterx
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 8:33am (PST)
Subject:   My progression thread
-------------------------------------------
In this thread I will be telling you guys about my progress in the game and instead of making new threads I will be posting my problems here, so todays problem is how do I get lg monster bone and I am in hr4 and *7, just got there today, also am I in low rank or high rank.

Author:   blackomega34
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 9:04am (PST)
Subject:   re: My progression thread
If you are ever looking for items, look to the MHFU wiki first:

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHFU:_Item_List

In here, if you want more detail click on the category name. Like if you want a specific bone, you click on the name of the category. In that list and you will find the thing and how to get it.
Also, if you want a specific material from a monster, you can go to that site too.
If you wanted a Monoblos shell, for example, you could go to http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monoblos and go under 'topics' and then go to 'carves' you will find the chances of getting it and if you need to cut or smash something to get it.
Good luck!

Author:   simonis
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 5:32am (PST)
Personaly i hate MHFU wikia cuz it lags so badly once i open that website i i allways rather ask here if got any questions

Author:   blackomega34
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 6:58am (PST)
quote simonis
Personaly i hate MHFU wikia cuz it lags so badly once i open that website i i allways rather ask here if got any questions
I just recommended it because it is faster than asking for something and waiting for a response when you can get the answer in seconds. I don't know if it gives you trouble, it gives me none, sorry

Author:   Hanners
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 12:02pm (PST)
quote blackomega34
I just recommended it because it is faster than asking for something and waiting for a response when you can get the answer in seconds. I don't know if it gives you trouble, it gives me none, sorry
I also recommend the use of the wiki. It's quite annoying answering someones "where is _____?" questions over and over, as I was doing a few weeks back. It's a waste of time because half the time I end up going and looking it up on the wiki myself just to tell the other person.

Be kind to forum participants, use a wiki.

Author:   NUL
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 12:35pm (PST)
quote Hanners
I also recommend the use of the wiki. It's quite annoying answering someones "where is _____?" questions over and over
Oh, god... that is so annoying

Especially when there are threads about it on the same page already.

Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 3:15pm (PST)
Problem of today, How do I beat lao shan lung and the weapon the only dragon weapon are those made from the big blade in the farm, I always run out of time.

Author:   gn_x00
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 4:30pm (PST)
quote Hunterx
Problem of today, How do I beat lao shan lung and the weapon the only dragon weapon are those made from the big blade in the farm, I always run out of time.
what weapon type?
if you are blade master, Fire works as an alternative for Lao-Shan.

Author:   Hanners
Date:   Sep 24, 12 at 6:02pm (PST)
I would recommend the use of a hammer or longsword vs. Lao Shan. Try something along the Iron Striker+ >>> Onslaught Hammer path. As gn_x00 suggested, fire is an adequate substitute for dragon element vs. Lao.

For LS, try something like Wyvern Blade "Fall" tree.

Date:   Sep 25, 12 at 1:58pm (PST)
Done, repelled it, all I did was attack his belly non stop, when close to the end, I use farcaster because of its tail. But I did not get his horn for my fire dragon sword even though i cut it off.

Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 10:55am (PST)
I have finally finished mhfu, Ukanlos is tough but I won in the 20th trial,

Author:   RathLord
Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 1:11pm (PST)
quote Hunterx
Done, repelled it, all I did was attack his belly non stop, when close to the end, I use farcaster because of its tail. But I did not get his horn for my fire dragon sword even though i cut it off.
I assume you used a longsword? Kill it. I know you might not be able to with your current weapon but try this: when he's entering an area, attack his head like crazy but when his belly enters the boarders, (its where he takes the most damage) bomb it with 2 LBB+, 3 LBB, 5 SBB+, and 10 SBB. use 10 regular bounce bombs and 10 bounce bomb + on his head. His horn should break in the first area. If it doesnt, focus on his belly useing triangle, R, triangle+O combo (only use R if the spirit gauge is full/almost full and youre getting the damage increase from it.) in area 2 do the same but without the bombs. Make sure you use the anti-dragon bombs in areas 1 and 3. If this is the village lao then you only get 1 anti dragon bomb. I used the centerian dagger (LS) first time but i was lucky and got the lao-shan lung materials for it from the Shen Gaoren urgent before this one. Good luck

Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 6:23pm (PST)
quote Hunterx
that was fast... just around 2 week after LaoShan?
anyway, I don't think killing Ukanlos = finished MHFU.
at the very least, Monster Hunter Quest, the last Village Quest (which is also G-Rank) is much more harder. and so is the G rank Epic Quests.

If you want to say that I have finished MHFU, at least IMO you need to finished all G-Rank Quests and The Monster Hunter Quest

Date:   Oct 19, 12 at 5:52am (PST)
quote gn_x00
quote Hunterx
at the very least, Monster Hunter Quest, the last Village Quest (which is also G-Rank) is much more harder. and so is the G rank Epic Quests.

If you want to say that I have finished MHFU, at least IMO you need to finished all G-Rank Quests and The Monster Hunter Quest
I played it day and night, I can't find white fatalis in all the quest but I have slayed the normal fatalis.

Date:   Oct 19, 12 at 7:03am (PST)
quote Hunterx
quote gn_x00
quote Hunterx

I played it day and night, I can't find white fatalis in all the quest but I have slayed the normal fatalis.
because you need to do all G*** epic AND Slay the crimson fatalis to unlock the white fatalis
and you need to SLAY the normal fatalis AND Kill all G-Rank Elder Dragon (IIRC) to unlock crimson
good luck

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.