Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 7:26am (PST)
Subject:   Shen georen
-------------------------------------------
How do I beat him, i use ls, gs, lhg.

Author:   Hanners
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 3:04pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Shen georen
The easiest method to beat him with one of those weapons, would be the LS, as that's the first weapon I used to beat him.
I'd suggest finding a good fire-element one to use.
I'd suggest finding a set like Blango armor or something similar that gives you Quake Resistance, as it's literally the coolest thing to have when fighting him.

When the fight starts, make sure you are waiting for it to get into the attackable zone in the area. Before heading to the place it comes out, you may want to get some Ballista S and use the ballista. Be sure to aim upwards a bit so the shot reaches Gaoren. Once it's out in an attackable area, start wailing on a single leg, it should flinch multiple times as the leg starts to turn more red. Once it's turned to a shade of bright red, go to the next leg, rinse, and repeat.

A good tip for this part is to hit a single leg a lot, if it hasn't changed color yet from gray to dark red, or from dark red to bright red, then wait until it's almost about to attack, then start hitting the leg a bunch. If it changes color while it's about to attack, the attack will get interrupted and the fortress won't take any damage.

As you're playing, you should continue focusing on one leg. At some point, all the legs will reset to the gray color, and he will fall down. (He may fall down before this too. Use the same strategy if he does.) Keep hitting his face while he's down.

If you keep doing it this way, it won't take long before it's either dead, or fleeing. Hope that helps.

Author:   Zakuto
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 6:30am (PST)
Use the tactics Hanners gave you, but if you wanted to know i cleared it with onslaught hammer at first(i barely passed though!). I killed him later with Dual Dragon Ultimus(i think thats what it's called). But to clarify on the 'colour' of its leg, you want every legs to go in bright red colour.
quote Hanners
At some point, all the legs will reset to the gray color, and he will fall down. (He may fall down before this too. Use the same strategy if he does.) Keep hitting his face while he's down.
As Hanners said, this will happen, but to kill it, you have generally have to make its legs to bright red TWICE in the quest to kill it, if you can give extreme damage output you can do it faster.

Author:   gn_x00
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 7:43am (PST)
quote Zakuto
Use the tactics Hanners gave you, but if you wanted to know i cleared it with onslaught hammer at first(i barely passed though!). I killed him later with Dual Dragon Ultimus(i think thats what it's called). But to clarify on the 'colour' of its leg, you want every legs to go in bright red colour.
so, you barely pass the low rank Gaoren with a high rank weapon?
I don't even know how you get your onslaught hammer which is a high rank weapon since you need to repel/kill gaoren first before unlocking High rank

Author:   Hunterx
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 10:07am (PST)
Give me a good fire ls, I have the blood blade from rathalos body which have 720 damage with 250 or so fire attrbute.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 1:26pm (PST)
quote Zakuto
i cleared it with onslaught hammer at first(i barely passed though!)
.... Okay then.

quote Hunterx
Give me a good fire ls, I have the blood blade from rathalos body which have 720 damage with 250 or so fire attrbute.
The one you're using is the same one I used for my first gaoren fight. You should do okay as long as you time your flinches on him properly. (Flinches being when his leg color gets changed.) Also, don't be afraid of using the dragonator button on the defenses before you start attacking him. It does a considerably amount of damage.

Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 9:35pm (PST)
gn_x00
Well i dont exactly remember the name of the hammer i used but what i do remember is its in that path. I think it was Onslaught's previous version.
It's not like i don't know how to use one but i'm not really efficient in fighting with LS

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 3:08am (PST)
Ah I get what you mean.

I actually only use hammers against Shen Gaoren after that first time I used the LS.
I loooooove hammers.

Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 6:13am (PST)
We're in the same boat then, i love how it's OP with its TP damage multiplier and you can still run. Great for breaking stuff too. If i want to slice a monster up i'll have to give it up for DS(Demon Dance is Badass ) but if i need weapon length or speed kill with cutting then its the GS, the King Atillart Sword path.

Author:   Hunterx
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 7:00am (PST)
Everybody say hello to the latest high rank hunter, me i am now in star seven, but i haven't taken down that hr3-4 urgent shen gaoren.

Edit-It is done the urgent hr3-4 Shen Gaoren is down for good, I still have 50% of 100 percent .

Author:   Zartan13
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 6:37am (PST)
Try dual blades and bring power juice and just go around his legs chopping him up while using demon dance.

Author:   animal_lover310
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 8:08pm (PST)
Get the chameleos ls (easy to do ravager blade+ can kill chamy) then attack one leg the entire time except when you use the balistas (and when he falls down then attack body) and you can kill georen with out the dragonator I know cause I've done it every time I've fought him

Author:   animal_lover310
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 8:15pm (PST)
quote Zakuto
gn_x00
Well i dont exactly remember the name of the hammer i used but what i do remember is its in that path. I think it was Onslaught's previous version.
It's not like i don't know how to use one but i'm not really efficient in fighting with LS
ahh the old I'm not very efficient thing don't worry about that just watch the steps/attacks on any monster and know how long it takes you to attack and you'll crush anything trust me I've beet the game and workin on doin it again

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.