Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Custom Armour Set Thread - page 14

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38854/t1473643-custom-armour-set-thread/14.htm

Author:   Godofcherrypie
Date:   Nov 13, 10 at 3:33pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Custom Armour Set Thread
-------------------------------------------
Negative skills don't bother me Terry. All I'm looking for is some great high rank hammerin' armor. Any suggestions?

Author:   TerryDimension
Date:   Nov 13, 10 at 4:17pm (PST)
Hammer is my second most used class and I only have 1 hammer set with focus which I almost never use.
There really are better skills, starting with Sharpness +1.

The most damaging hammer against nearly everything in high rank is Hidden Breker. It has 2 slots, so you can usually use all good sets with 2 slots. Here are a few:

Full Cenetaur S:
> Sharpness +1, Attack Up Large, Sharpening Skill Increase (Defense -20) - 1 weapon slot

Ceanataur Helm (Low Rank)
Ceanataur Mail U
Ceanataur Braces U
Ceanataur Tasset S
Ceanataur Tasset S
> Sharpness +1, Sharp Sword, Sharpening Skill Increase - no weapon slots

Garuga Mask
Dark Akantor Aegis
Dark Akantor Claw
Dark Akantor Cincture
Rathalos Soul Greaves U
> Sharpness +1, HGE, Reckless Abandon +1 - no weapon slots

Skull Face
Dark Akantor Aegis
Dark Akantor Claw
Dark Akantor Cincture
Dark Akantor Hessian
> Sharpness +1, Reckless bandon +3, Sharpening Skill Increase (needs 2 weapon slots)

Dark Akantor Mask
Ceanataur Mail U
Ceanataur Braces U
Ceanataur Tasset U
Dark Akantor Hessian
> Sharpness +1, Sharp Sword, Reckless Abandon +2 (needs 1 weapon slot)

Skull Face
Rathalos Soul Mail U
Rathalos Soul Braces U
Dark Akantor Cincture
Rathalos Soul Greves U
> Sharpness +1, Earplug, Reckless Abandon +2 (needs no weapon slots, but 3 weapon slots would give Reckless Abandon +3)

Your choice.

Author:   Godofcherrypie
Date:   Nov 13, 10 at 4:25pm (PST)
Sweet! Thanks Terry. Also I use to have a ranged armor which gave hge, autotracking, and quick eating. It was tigrex s with the garuga mask. The problem is I forgot how it was gemmed.
Halp?

Date:   Nov 13, 10 at 5:37pm (PST)
I assume you had just Detect and not Autotracker. Or you had Autotracker but no Quick Eating. If you had all 3 skils you'd need 3 weapon slots, and that's quite rare for bows.

I'd recommend just getting a set with either capacity and evade, or focus and evade, depending on what you need.

Full Shinobi Sky will give you Abnormal Status attack up, Evade +2 and Focus. Full Shinobi Heaven will give the same but Element Attack Up instead of Abnormal Status Up.

If you are using Heavy Bowgun you should definitely get the full Shinobi Heaven. It likely is the most overpowered set in the entre high rank.

For Light Bowgun arrage Piercing and the other 4 parts from Kirin S usually do the job.

Author:   mr_awesome3
Date:   Nov 13, 10 at 11:57pm (PST)
Edit: Made a big mistake

Date:   Nov 14, 10 at 7:52am (PST)
quote mr_awesome3
If your not satisfied with the sets that Terry gave you, you can always use the Skull Face/Ceanataur Z/Ceanataur U mix that give S+1, SS, and RA+3. It's mostly used with Magnitude, but I find that it works very well with most Hammers, and some LS's too.
If you find a way to get Ceanataur Z in high rank then you sure can do that. Otherwise it might be difficult.

Author:   mr_awesome3
Date:   Nov 14, 10 at 10:26pm (PST)
Oh, oops I didn't see that part My mistake

Author:   cowboi156
Date:   Nov 16, 10 at 12:06am (PST)
Can anyone suggest a good gunner armour for taking on G Diablos?
Pellet S up, Load Up and Evade (Inc) would be needed.

Date:   Nov 16, 10 at 4:39am (PST)
Ancient Dragonwood Cannon
Barrage Piercing
Conga Z
Narga X
Narga X
Narga X

Author:   cowboi156
Date:   Nov 19, 10 at 5:26am (PST)
quote Terry
Ancient Dragonwood Cannon
Barrage Piercing
Conga Z
Narga X
Narga X
Narga X
Works great, thanks.

Author:   MistaBallista
Date:   Dec 29, 10 at 2:25pm (PST)
cbf checking the other 12 pgs so i dont know if this has been said yet,

Hermi U helm
Steel S plate
Hermi U guanlets
INdra wrap
Hermi U leggings

forgot the gemming, with no weapon slot has 20 def+ guard+1, guard inc 403 def

Author:   crusadurus
Date:   Jan 14, 11 at 3:20am (PST)
Recently my friends and I have been fighting the G rank fatalis, we are really still on the red but we killed him once and started the white to get the 5 scales we all want.
I have been trying to make a nice blademaster armor for use with my Claw of doom (hammer lover here) but that has no slots. So far i have gotten the armor skills i want into a set requiring 1 weapon slot, great for the greatsword for more than 1 reason.
1 Slot Weapon- *Eternal Destroyer is a good choice here but to get the best version (lower ersions will also work) you need 5 of each fata scale, and an eye but the eye is easy.
Golden Hair Tie Shin ØØ-
Lava Mail X ØØØ
Golden Kote Shin ØØ-
Golden Obi Shin ØØ-
Lava Greaves X ØØ-

Jewels
More Guts Jewel (), Master Jewel (), More Guts Jewel (), Bombardier Jewel (), Bombardier Jewel (), Bombardier Jewel (), Bombardier Jewel (), Bombardier Jewel (Weapon)

Resulting Skills
Sharpness +1
Focus
Guts
Bomber

sorry i copied this from RotR
but you use 5 gems to get the bomb skill, for 50% more bomb damage. 2, 2 slot guts gems (you end up with 11 here so possible room for improvment) and a 3 slot artisin gem in the chest.
As a fatalis killing set it is assumed that you will be able to get any item (sadly i cannot do the dang triaing, tho i only tried 2 quests, so im not using ssp) so its kinda a hard set to get as the lava items you need are a pain as it takes a total of 14 shells and i average 2 per duel lava G rank quest.
I tried with the felyne mask that gives 10 to bomber but it didnt help.

If anybody can find something i missed (IE better gloves as these ones kinda suck but i wasnt able to get it to work with the hermit or any others) and make this work without a weapon slot i would be happy, and post it here. If i can make it work without a weapon slot ill post the updated version here.
Ps you could get dragon res +10 with the weapon slot or +5 without it instead of bomber if you dont use them.
And remember, focus makes greatsword triangle hold smash charge up faster.

Also i commonly use a khezu hat, diablo chest, rathalos and aka mix with HGE, RA+2 and sharpness+1 requiring no slots, good hammer choice is chaotic order or claw of doom. however it needs alot of G rank black diablos horns If you change the hat to the aka hat you gain RA+3 and only LGE, i keep that mix next to it incase i only need LGE for this quest. You likely need to put a gem in the hat but i dont know which, the nice this is its only 1 extra armor part, and only 1 extra gem so very easy to change around. Using a blango hat you can get quake res but i use uka armor for that now.
i got all 5 stones in only 4 quests, i got 2 on my first (one carved), 1 on my 2nd, none then 2 more on the 4th. My friend finally got his first on atleast our 8th kill or so.

Author:   2legitimate
Date:   Jan 15, 11 at 8:09pm (PST)
this may have been posted, but im not going to read through like 7 pages jsut to check >_>

this is the set i've been using now that im getting into ds

1 slot weapon [Razor Jewel]

Diablo Helm Z [silencer Jewel
Ceanataur Mail Z [2x Artisan Jewel]
RathSoulVambracesZ [Silencer Jewel]
Diable Coil Z [2x Artisan Jewel]
Ceanataur Greaves Z [2x Artisan Jewel]

this gives: Sharpness+1, Sharp Sword and HGE

Author:   GoatMasta305
Date:   Jan 20, 11 at 11:50pm (PST)
Can someone tell me an armor set that gives art of unsheathing and high grade earplugs please? I'm trying to make a good great sword set.

Date:   Jan 21, 11 at 12:59am (PST)
quote GoatMasta305
Can someone tell me an armor set that gives art of unsheathing and high grade earplugs please? I'm trying to make a good great sword set.
I'd say get the full Shin Mizuha Set and gem for Art of Unsheathing.
If you only need the normal earplugs, use Rathalos Mail X and the Mizuha Gunner Cap and you can additionally fit Sharpening Skill Increase (/or Divine Protection) in.

I'd personally rather go for a set that gives HGE and Sharpness +1, because Tigrex GS seems to have a shortened hitbox which really makes me miss several times.
And well, Tigrex and Uka GS are pretty much the only ones where Art of Unsheathing is better than Sharpness +1.

2 weapon slots (Brunhild)
Golden Hair Tie Shin
Golden Haori Shin
Rathalos Soul Vembraces Z
Golden Obi Shin
Mizuha Leg Wrap Shin
> Sharpness +1, Focus, HGE

or this:
1 weapon slot (Igneous Sword)
Mizuha Cap Shin (/Khezu Helm Z)
Rathalos Mail X
Rathalos Soul Vembraces Z
Khezu Tasset Z
Mizuha Leg Wrap Shin
> Sharpness +1, HGE, Art of Unsheathing

Note that the gemming of the second set is a bit complicated.
You need 2 Master Jewels, 3 Unsheathing Jewels, out of which one goes into a 3-slot armor piece, and 2 Artisan Jewels out of which one goes into the remaining 3-slot piece slot and the other goes into the weapon.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.