Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Moderator's Corner - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38854/t1471183-moderators-corner/5.htm

Author:   Shadow Scorcher
Date:   Feb 11, 10 at 4:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Moderator's Corner
-------------------------------------------
Even if half of them were me being mistaken for a troll I like the idea of the awards, but how many people will bother voting? Lazy buggers in this forum lol

Author:   Sah Kuh Suckers
Date:   Feb 11, 10 at 4:50pm (PST)
Or for spamming in the HT, which is ambiguously okay.

Author:   Shadow Scorcher
Date:   Feb 11, 10 at 4:56pm (PST)
Yeah, that's always a bit of an ambiguous point. Trying to workout what is tinned spiced ham and what is ok can be tough, given the very nature of the HT I tend to think that a quote with just 2 words and/or a smiley is pushing the boundaries a bit..

Author:   NUL
Date:   Feb 11, 10 at 5:22pm (PST)
quote Shadow Scorcher
I tend to think that a quote with just 2 words and/or a smiley is pushing the boundaries a bit..
Which you should know from CC by now.

Author:   Paradox
Date:   Feb 12, 10 at 2:01am (PST)
If we do have MHFU awards, when is it going to start? A week after the raffle ends?

Author:   Machienzo
Date:   Feb 12, 10 at 6:19am (PST)
Yeah probably. We'll see what we can organise.

Author:   Zazomy
Date:   Feb 18, 10 at 11:50am (PST)
Hate the be the burster of bubbles, but do we even have enough active/regular members posting on this forum to have these awards?

This is the sort of thing you need lots of members for, not just for voting, but also for the rewards themselves. I remember the previous awards competitions, there were a lot of different awards, this time around, there would probably be more awards than members.

Date:   Feb 18, 10 at 5:52pm (PST)
quote Zazomy
Hate the be the burster of bubbles, but do we even have enough active/regular members posting on this forum to have these awards?

This is the sort of thing you need lots of members for, not just for voting, but also for the rewards themselves. I remember the previous awards competitions, there were a lot of different awards, this time around, there would probably be more awards than members.

I hadn't thought of this.

I mean, we have the members that go here every single day, and those that lurk or post every now and then...

Date:   Feb 18, 10 at 6:45pm (PST)
Well back in the MHF days, on the MHF forum, we had a lot more members, plenty of regulars, it was perfect for this sort of competition, and it worked, everyone voted, most people got a reward of some sort. Only problem now is, with so few people, there isn't just a lack of people to vote, there's a lack of people to actually win awards.

At this rate there could be some people winning 3 awards each or something.

Date:   Feb 18, 10 at 11:48pm (PST)
quote Zazomy
Well back in the MHF days, on the MHF forum, we had a lot more members, plenty of regulars, it was perfect for this sort of competition, and it worked, everyone voted, most people got a reward of some sort. Only problem now is, with so few people, there isn't just a lack of people to vote, there's a lack of people to actually win awards.

At this rate there could be some people winning 3 awards each or something.

I think we have plenty. I mean, if we just count the regulars that come every day, we have an ok amount.

Author:   NUL
Date:   Feb 18, 10 at 11:50pm (PST)
there may be an OK amount here... But there were LOADS of people back in MHF/MHF2

Seriously. We could have about 15-20 awards and it would be enough for 1 each. With some newer people getting nothing.

Date:   Feb 19, 10 at 12:00am (PST)
quote X
there may be an OK amount here... But there were LOADS of people back in MHF/MHF2

Seriously. We could have about 15-20 awards and it would be enough for 1 each. With some newer people getting nothing.

Well since we have a smaller community this time, we can't have as much award options.

Author:   Machienzo
Date:   Feb 19, 10 at 9:49am (PST)
Now that you mention it, there weren't exactly amazing amounts of participation in the Raffle. Just a few outsiders and some new folk, with the occasional "Oldie".

You guys will try extra hard for this one, right?

Date:   Feb 19, 10 at 10:17pm (PST)
You know me.

60% of the time, I give 110% effort, every time.

Date:   Feb 22, 10 at 1:11am (PST)
quote Machienzo
Now that you mention it, there weren't exactly amazing amounts of participation in the Raffle. Just a few outsiders and some new folk, with the occasional "Oldie".

You guys will try extra hard for this one, right?

You bet. We just need to spread the awards around, like Zaz said in the GD, or else some members will win 4 or 5 awards.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.