Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Moderator's Corner - page 20

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38854/t1471183-moderators-corner/20.htm

Author:   Wakaman
Date:   Jan 10, 11 at 11:29pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Moderator's Corner
-------------------------------------------
Its just like damn,took me by surprise.

well thanks for the info,I think I know where my posts were deleted.

Author:   Machienzo
Date:   Jan 12, 11 at 3:04am (PST)
Just as soon as I get back, it looks like I'm going to be off again. For anyone who has been paying attention to the news, Australia has been enduring a lot of flooding. Sad to say, that might end up happening for my house soon enough. There's been a lot of flood prep going on around here. Had to move a lot of possessions upstairs, and apparently our government is going to be cutting electricity and water to most of the area as well. So, looks like I'll be inactive again for the next couple of days most likely.

Author:   firestorm79
Date:   Jan 13, 11 at 12:13pm (PST)
quote Machienzo
Just as soon as I get back, it looks like I'm going to be off again. For anyone who has been paying attention to the news, Australia has been enduring a lot of flooding. Sad to say, that might end up happening for my house soon enough. There's been a lot of flood prep going on around here. Had to move a lot of possessions upstairs, and apparently our government is going to be cutting electricity and water to most of the area as well. So, looks like I'll be inactive again for the next couple of days most likely.

holy crap! hope it all works out machi.

Author:   Aurora
Date:   Jan 13, 11 at 4:08pm (PST)
:-O

Good luck!

Date:   Jan 20, 11 at 1:35am (PST)
Oh yeah, forgot to say like a few days ago, back to normal. Looking to see what we can do to try and help this forum linger a little while longer. Any thread ideas? (Lol, that must be my most used line here)

Author:   WakeCraterWind
Date:   Jan 20, 11 at 1:56am (PST)
quote Sah Kuh Suckers
quote Sah Kuh Suckers
quote Sah_Kuh_Suckers
Hell, we could have a MH version of SPIKE tv's "Deadliest Warrior" here.
I want to bring this up again. It would be like the debate thread, except you'd argue exclusively who would win, and you'd have someone write up the simulated fight+victor. People would in particular argue the merits of their "weapons" (or claws and breath or whatever) v. The ineffectiveness of their opponents weapons.

examples:

5-man Town Guardian Squad versus 5-man Guild Knight Shadow assassination squad.
Lao versus Gao
?

It's a lot of work, and it'll probably only work if you can get some commited people in, but you think it's worth it?

Date:   Jan 20, 11 at 6:05am (PST)
I'm wondering how exactly it would work. I guess imagination would have to do with how each 'fight' pans out; and some people have bigger egosimaginations than others.

Date:   Jan 20, 11 at 9:31pm (PST)
I guess, then, it is a competition in how well you can sell yourego imagination.

Author:   GoatMasta305
Date:   Jan 21, 11 at 2:00am (PST)
quote WakeCraterWind
quote Sah Kuh Suckers
quote Sah Kuh Suckers
quote Sah_Kuh_Suckers
I want to bring this up again. It would be like the debate thread, except you'd argue exclusively who would win, and you'd have someone write up the simulated fight+victor. People would in particular argue the merits of their "weapons" (or claws and breath or whatever) v. The ineffectiveness of their opponents weapons.

examples:

Lao versus Gao
?

It's a lot of work, and it'll probably only work if you can get some commited people in, but you think it's worth it?
It sounds like a great idea and would definitely be fun and liven this place up

Author:   thunderchicken
Date:   Jan 21, 11 at 2:07am (PST)
quote GoatMasta305
quote WakeCraterWind
quote Sah Kuh Suckers
quote Sah Kuh Suckers
quote Sah_Kuh_Suckers

examples:

Lao versus Gao
?

It sounds like a great idea and would definitely be fun and liven this place up
I absolutely agree it would be cool I just learned about this now and it sounds awesome!

Author:   imafatalis
Date:   Jan 21, 11 at 6:39pm (PST)
i still say award thread

Author:   BossmanG3
Date:   Jan 26, 11 at 5:51am (PST)
The thing that worries me a bit about which would win in a fight is that there isn't a lot of information on the monster's specific characteristics. The way I see it, the information provided would be mostly assumptions based on the in-game experiences we've had, so in other words, yes, it is an imagination contest. I think there should be some sort of boundaries that we can all refer to to keep the contest flowing in a consistent manner. I've seen plenty of these threads, and I know some have gotten quite out of hand :/

quote imafatalis
i still say award thread
Sounds decent. No clue what it is though

Date:   Jan 26, 11 at 5:59am (PST)
Speculation is half the fun. Who'd want to debate something concrete?

To familiarize yourself with just how fun real debate is, take a meat tenderizer and alter it's intended purpose for your head. Otherwise, just say anything conservative or non-anti religious, and have fun!

Author:   firestorm79
Date:   Jan 26, 11 at 1:29pm (PST)
Awards thread gets my vote

@ bossman - it's where members are nominated under different categories such as most helpful, most annoying, best newcomer etc etc and other members can vote. Last year narc and yuki won some great awards amongst many others...

Author:   mobfob
Date:   Feb 01, 11 at 2:13am (PST)
I like the awards thread idea

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.