Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Contribute to the Monster Hunter Wiki! - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38854/t1134957-contribute-to-monster-hunter-wiki/2.htm

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   Sep 24, 09 at 4:15am (PST)
Subject:   re: Contribute to the Monster Hunter Wiki!
-------------------------------------------
Guys, recent news is that we've had some major demotions from the wiki and would really like to at least get another wiki staff member involved. Don't think of this as a "Just contribute until you get promoted and do nothing". We're at least expecting a consistent number of contributions, which can range from simple edits or fixes.

Please, help out the wiki as well as get others involved. We want to make it the best it can possibly be, but we can't without your help. Who knows, perhaps through your contributions you could get a staff position!

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   Aug 05, 10 at 8:01am (PST)
As much as this is most likely not going to do any help, I'm asking again. We're going over with a major overhaul of the wiki and significantly beefing up a majority of the pages. One of the more significant sections that we have is a recollection of the Hunting Life magazine. Over the past few days I've been busy hammering away at my keyboard, sorting out version types and getting information up. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can submit some work as well. It's easy to obtain and is just simple regurgitation. The open book next to the bed in MHFU.

The one I am having trouble with is writing down the Hunting Horn melodies page, which is 22 pages long in the game. If someone can add that up or add little by little I would greatly appreciate it. If people help out I will find a way to get an award.

Author:   Wakaman
Date:   Aug 06, 10 at 12:37am (PST)
I have a question,how can I contribute with a phone?
I have some info on diablos that I would like to share.Also I would likee to send videos but again how do I do that with a phone?

Author:   Paradox
Date:   Aug 06, 10 at 12:57am (PST)
Sadly editing by phone is hard on the Monster Hunter Wiki because the new phone mode is only on Toro. You can contribute by phone but it will probably take longer than usual.

To contribute just type in Diablos in the search box and click the edit tab at the top. We're currently doing a monster page overhaul, and upgrading monster pages like Diablos to the standards of the newer upgraded pages (Ioprey, Genprey, Bullfango, ect.).

I'm hoping some people with Custom Firmware or whatever that can take clear pictures will step forward and help the process.

Remember, You Can Log In With Your Neoseeker Username and Password on the Wiki and get credit and recognition for your contributions if you wish!

Date:   Aug 06, 10 at 1:03am (PST)
alright,but how do I send pictures and videos with my phone?

Author:   Paradox
Date:   Aug 06, 10 at 1:15am (PST)
I've never edited a wiki with my phone, so I don't know, but to post a video on the wiki you need to upload it to its database. For a video you need the url and you need to use the proper code to get it to show up.

Date:   Aug 06, 10 at 1:19am (PST)
maybe I should wait til I get a new pc to do the video and picture thing

Author:   King of Ice
Date:   Aug 14, 10 at 12:28pm (PST)
I was bored and I decided to take a look at some of the Monsters' Wiki pages,the grammatical contents were unsatisfying,so I made some minor edits here and there

Author:   TenguMT
Date:   Aug 19, 10 at 11:17am (PST)
I'm currently working on this: http://monsterhunter.neoseeker.com/wiki/Raw_meat
Came up as one of the 'wanted' pages, thought I'd have a go

Date:   Aug 19, 10 at 12:51pm (PST)
I got bored and decided to help out with the "Raw Meat" Page
Added more Steaks and Raw Meats' other uses,I also fixed some grammatical errors

Date:   Aug 19, 10 at 2:16pm (PST)
Forgot about hot and cold meat, might as well mention those, I'll also add what ingredients you need for the baits.

Looks like a job well done, thanks for the added stuff KOI

Date:   Aug 19, 10 at 2:23pm (PST)
Well,I'll be editing a few pages around the Wiki and helping out at new pages.
I won't make any new pages though,the encoding is too confusing for me

Date:   Aug 19, 10 at 3:20pm (PST)
I'm also nearly finished with what I like to think of as a very detailed Rathalos/Rathian guide, another 'wanted' piece of data, turns out I've got quite a lot of time for these xd

EDIT: http://monsterhunter.neoseeker.com/wiki/Rathalos/_Rathian_hunting_guide
Done! There goes my first ever guide How's that?
Guys I also added the last part for bowgun creation and improvement, I don't know how the f* anyone could have typed the whole thing up until there, I almost gave up on page 5 xd

Date:   Aug 28, 10 at 4:45pm (PST)
Ehh, wth the page we made is gone now, it just links to herbivorous monsters: http://monsterhunter.neoseeker.com/w/index.php?title=Special:WhatLinksHere&target=Raw_Meat

Date:   Aug 28, 10 at 5:10pm (PST)
Really?
I can still open it using this link

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.