Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Contribute to the Monster Hunter Wiki! - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38854/t1134957-contribute-to-monster-hunter-wiki/

Author:   Machienzo
Date:   Apr 12, 08 at 6:20am (PST)
Subject:   Contribute to the Monster Hunter Wiki!
-------------------------------------------
Edit: At the moment, with Xeros_the_Slayer having given in his Wiki Staff position, we are currently looking for any enthusiastic members wishing to join our team of Wiki Staff Members. This person however must prove their commitment to the Wiki, and submit as much content towards the wiki, even simple cleaning up of articles, in order to hopefully grabs that last spot in the team. Good luck!

As you may be well aware, the Monster Hunter Wiki has finally been released and appropriate staff have been assigned. However, the Wiki is facing a crisis. Due to recent inactivity to the section, there are growing chances of it shutting down. The Wiki Staff, as well as the NeoStaff and even Howard Ha (Redemption) urge you to contribute what you can to the Wiki.

Sincerely, Machienzo

Author:   Dark Dom
Date:   Apr 15, 08 at 9:16am (PST)
Subject:   re: Contribute to the Monster Hunter Wiki!
If you have guides to submit, please PM them to me. Thanks.

Author:   Man0s
Date:   Apr 18, 08 at 12:50pm (PST)
Dom, After our Massive guide is submitted will you put it in the Neoseeker MH NeoPortal?

Author:   Dark Dom
Date:   Jun 22, 08 at 9:44am (PST)
http://monsterhunter.neoseeker.com/wiki/Main_Page

Author:   shadow6437
Date:   Dec 31, 08 at 3:12am (PST)
does it have to be 2g? If not I will try to come up With some thing soon you can use. I have nothing else better to do.

I updated the blangonga info by stating they can summon blangos by roaring etc.

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   Jan 02, 09 at 10:45am (PST)
A very important reminder for all participants of the Neo wiki.

Please do NOT place monster guides within the general monster information page. For example, the Kut-Ku. If you have a guide for fighting or killing a Kut-Ku, start a new page and process it there. Do not vandalise the monster's main page, which serves as a reference for all monster details, disregarding guide information. The appropriate information can/could include characteristics, attacks, area patterns, likes/dislikes, distinguishable features etc.
There should also be no branding or copyright markings or logos which concern neoseeker members or parties. This could be a person claiming that they have written up a segment or placed part from a guide. Guides should be in seperate wiki pages and all copyright should remain of the wiki pages, unless the right belongs to the original author.

Complete guides, when submitted, can be requested protection, from attempted vandalism or changes from other members, other than the original author.

Also remember to check page histories if you are wondering about what has changed, or (for guides) who has removed or changed certain content that should remain (at the author's discretion).

Thanks for your time and please remember to help contribute and expand our MonsterHunter neo.wiki.

Author:   Breezy
Date:   May 10, 09 at 4:48pm (PST)
I know it's been a while since any activity in this thread, but I'd also like to push for more MH vids to be submitted to the Neowiki. They do of course, have to be your own, or you must obtain the creators permission.

Author:   RikuMHUnity
Date:   Jun 09, 09 at 7:12pm (PST)
quote Breezy
I know it's been a while since any activity in this thread, but I'd also like to push for more MH vids to be submitted to the Neowiki. They do of course, have to be your own, or you must obtain the creators permission.
I've got some videos, i've got some guides.
You still looking for people?

Author:   Aurora
Date:   Jun 17, 09 at 11:54pm (PST)
It's a wiki, which means that anyone can submit new information.

Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 1:16pm (PST)
Yeah, i get what the idea of a wiki is
I was offering myself as a staff member if you need people.

Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 1:20pm (PST)
What I was saying was that you can submit the guides regardless of whether they are looking for staff.

Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 1:24pm (PST)
quote Siphon
What I was saying was that you can submit the guides regardless of whether they are looking for staff.
Mhm, yeah.
Got that .

Author:   Twin_Master
Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 1:32pm (PST)
In regards to the wiki, we are not definitively advertising a spot, but if you can provide consistent and efficient material, you'll no doubt be rewarded for your hard work.

Having said that does not mean a person will most likely be picked, but it will be decided when said person has been deemed to have provided enough to warrant the position.

Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 1:34pm (PST)
quote Twin_Master
In regards to the wiki, we are not definitively advertising a spot, but if you can provide consistent and efficient material, you'll no doubt be rewarded for your hard work.
Ah, like that.
How do you know who submitted what?

Date:   Jun 18, 09 at 1:41pm (PST)
There are various logs, such as the edit history tied to members profiles and the history section of each page on the wiki. Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the wiki homepage you can see the top 10 contributors and other info.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.