Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Sims 3 Not Realistic Enough? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38767/t1415557-sims-3-not-realistic-enough/

Author:   TheDevilsAssistant
Date:   Aug 26, 09 at 9:05am (PST)
Subject:   Sims 3 Not Realistic Enough?
-------------------------------------------
Have you (like me) ever thought that the Sims 3 just isn't realistic enough? Dont't get me wrong, I think EA have done an excellent job. It's just those little moments and those little situations that we face in life that they've forgotten.

What am I blabbering about?
Let me give you a situation:

My sim has a job. He drives to work everyday. Last night he hosted a party and stayed up until one in the morning. He's tired. But still he drives to work. There is no chance that he will crash on his way to work due to his lack of sleep. There is no chance that the party he had last night would cost him his life (or a lot of money because of the medical bills if he survives). It just won't happen.

Let me give you another situation:

This one is pretty simple and straightforward. My sim finds ten simoleons on the floor. They didn't think of that did they!

Hopefully you will now understand what I mean.
I would like to hear from you if you can think of any other things EA could have put in to make the game more realistic.

Author:   Nancydective
Date:   Aug 26, 09 at 3:09pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Sims 3 Not Realistic Enough?
disabilities!!! (I don't care there are like 4 thread over on the official forum talking about it) Since its unfair for EA to have Gays/Lesbians in the game but not have disabilities? What about have sickness that way they can actually have vacation days to get better. But no dying in car accidents!!

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Aug 26, 09 at 3:24pm (PST)

Author:   PokeyMokey9
Date:   Aug 26, 09 at 9:23pm (PST)
quote Dragoon
    It's a game.. Since when were they meant to be realistic?
Yeah, I agree. And also, in truth, if the game were completely realistic like you want, it would probably bore me. Besides, why would you WANT your sim to be able to die in a car accident? Would you REALLY like to be playing your game and then have a message pop up and be like, "Sorry, you're sim has died in a car accident."

Author:   Fragment of Chaos
Date:   Aug 26, 09 at 11:48pm (PST)
It's called installing a mod.

Author:   EleanorJ
Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 9:24am (PST)

quote Dragoon
It's a game.. Since when were they meant to be realistic?
I agree. It's not supposed to be realistic. If it was realistic no one would buy it because there would be no cheats.

Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 9:46am (PST)
It seems my idea hasn't gone down so well with the rest of you (apart from you, Nancydective ).

The Sims is supposed to be a simulation of life. I agree, it does simulate life quite well. But it's missing out some important features.

quote PokeyMokey9
Yeah, I agree. And also, in truth, if the game were completely realistic like you want, it would probably bore me. Besides, why would you WANT your sim to be able to die in a car accident? Would you REALLY like to be playing your game and then have a message pop up and be like, "Sorry, you're sim has died in a car accident."
Well, it happened because your sim was tired and then drove a car to work. If they'd have called a taxi instead, it wouldn't have happened. LOGIC, people!

Author:   mellyyx
Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 3:41pm (PST)
It's not necessary.

Author:   bishty
Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 3:44pm (PST)
One of my pet hates in this game (actually the only one I think) is that you can't call in sick or take a day off work. This really annoyed me coz I wanted my couple to get married on a Friday and the man almost got fired when he didn't go to work that day For some reason the female didn't get anything and neither did their roomate

Author:   Tay Rex
Date:   Aug 27, 09 at 4:04pm (PST)
I wouldn't have bought this game if there were car crashes. I've been in enough of them for me to not want a game involving them.

Author:   Ghetto Prince
Date:   Aug 28, 09 at 9:02am (PST)
quote TheDevilsAssistant
This one is pretty simple and straightforward. My sim finds ten simoleons on the floor. They didn't think of that did they!
My sims never finds money on the floor!! or dies in a car crash!!

Prince

Date:   Aug 28, 09 at 9:29am (PST)
quote Diamondflame
I wouldn't have bought this game if there were car crashes. I've been in enough of them for me to not want a game involving them.
There could be a realism switch in the options menu where you could turn off such events.

And as I said before, they could of called a taxi to work to avoid it!!!

Author:   lightsaber duel
Date:   Aug 29, 09 at 9:56am (PST)
quote Nancydective
disabilities!!! (I don't care there are like 4 thread over on the official forum talking about it) Since its unfair for EA to have Gays/Lesbians in the game but not have disabilities? What about have sickness that way they can actually have vacation days to get better. But no dying in car accidents!!

This message was edited by Nancydective on Aug 26 2009.
Hay! My younger brother has Austim and it's SUPER hard for me to live a normal life! At school I got teased and got called "Retard Rachel" and I couldn't go anywhere like Dream World because we couldn't afford someone to care for him. I'm surprised my parents got me this computer when I was little because we where so poor. (Oh look, now I'm going on about my life, shut up!)

Author:   PokeyMokey9
Date:   Aug 29, 09 at 3:06pm (PST)
quote TheDevilsAssistant
quote PokeyMokey9
Well, it happened because your sim was tired and then drove a car to work. If they'd have called a taxi instead, it wouldn't have happened. LOGIC, people!
Well that wouldn't work for me. If I my sim has to stay up to reach some goal I want for him or her, then they will. Let's say I had a guy sim, and I saw a girl sim that would make a perfect wife. If I had to, my sim would stay up until four in the morning until she was his girlfriend, or even engaged. And THAT would definetly be an annoying time for your sim to die, right when your on the verge of starting the next generation and having your sim marry.

Date:   Aug 30, 09 at 10:07am (PST)
I understand what you are saying but there could be an option like in the sims 2 where you can call a taxi to go somewhere. Your sim wouldn't be driving so no crash.

It makes you think a little bit more about what you are doing.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.