Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Forum Feedback and Suggestions - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38767/t1299832-forum-feedback-suggestions/3.htm

Author:   Tay Rex
Date:   Feb 01, 09 at 1:08pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Forum Feedback and Suggestions
-------------------------------------------
Don't worry. As soon as I've sorted out this stupid english coursework, I'll set up the NvK which will pick up the PPD a little hopefully.

Author:   Fab Lauren
Date:   Feb 01, 09 at 1:25pm (PST)
What's the NvK? Sorry I'm stupid... <:

Author:   Tay Rex
Date:   Feb 01, 09 at 1:43pm (PST)
Nah you're not stupid. We were talking about it in the off-topic GD. It's Neighbourhood Vs. Killer. We have one in the sims 2 forum and it's very fun.

Date:   Feb 01, 09 at 1:50pm (PST)
Ohh right! (; So will that raise the PPD? Because the PPD has been the same for a while now! Also what about Hurt and Heals: Furniture, Families in the game, members, etc.

~Lauren

Author:   Chris
Date:   Feb 02, 09 at 2:24pm (PST)

quote Fab Lauren
Ohh right! (; So will that raise the PPD? Because the PPD has been the same for a while now! Also what about Hurt and Heals: Furniture, Families in the game, members, etc.

~Lauren
Hurt and heals are fun but they don't have any discussions to them. I don't mind them but they can get pretty boring.

Date:   Feb 02, 09 at 5:34pm (PST)
Well last night after I posted that idea I realised that yes they do get boring after a while because the same themed hurt and heals keep coming up. Yes, there isn't much discussion in them.

~Lauren

Date:   Feb 02, 09 at 6:02pm (PST)
I'm not sure what Tay's view is on them but I think she likes them as she has started one in the Sims 2 forum.

Another game that boosts forum activity is a Caption Contest. They are fun to participate in and always get a few laughs.

Date:   Feb 02, 09 at 6:30pm (PST)
Yes, I like those - they're really good for the forum's PPD as you mentioned.

Date:   Feb 03, 09 at 11:06am (PST)
If Tay gives me the heads up, I wouldn't mind starting one. I really like them and it wouldn't be too much bother.

Date:   Feb 03, 09 at 5:14pm (PST)
Good, it's up! I have a quick question, Shortie, is there rounds or is it just that one round?

Date:   Feb 03, 09 at 5:17pm (PST)
There will be loads of rounds. I will probably have a new round started every week.

If it's not too much trouble, can the winner's name after each week go up the top of the forum below where the header should be.

Date:   Feb 03, 09 at 5:27pm (PST)
Oh and another question just to get this straight. Sorry to waste your time, if I am. Do you have to just post the caption, or as the image with the caption on it?

It's been a while since I did this. :/

Date:   Feb 03, 09 at 5:29pm (PST)
You only have to post the caption, not the picture as well.

You aren't wasting my time.

Date:   Feb 03, 09 at 5:39pm (PST)
Okay.

When the contests have calmed down and everything. A while ago I thought of a contest called Mr and Mrs Mysims, obviously we'd change it to Mr and Mrs Sims 3. What happens is the host asks 10 questions about the game and there are two categories: Mr and Mrs. Every once in a while there is a vote.

I know we would have to wait a couple of months after the game is out, so every entrant know a lot more about the game. The host requires a lot of information too.

In the Mysims forum the prize for the winners was to choose a background or theme I can't remember. But since most members don't want a background, we'd have to change the prize. Also the ten questions last a good couple of months and the contest still has not finished in that forum. So maybe from that experience we should perhaps have five questions in stead. The contest would happen every couple of months, well Tay o Nyx could decide when it will happen again on a regular basis.

I know it seems complicated but it's going really well in the Mysims forum. It's good for the forum's PPD and also it's on subject.

Date:   Feb 03, 09 at 6:25pm (PST)
It seems like it would be quite complicated. It could work and could turn out to be very fun.

You would have to wait until the game comes out, as you said in your post.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.