Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Blood Brawlers of Darkness: Thread LXIX - The Best is Yet to Come... ~Recruiting~ - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/38593/t1617416-blood-brawlers-of-darkness-thread-lxix-best-yet-to-come-recruiting/6.htm

Author:   Artsy
Date:   Feb 05, 11 at 11:38pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Blood Brawlers of Darkness: Thread LXIX - The Best is Yet to Come... ~Recruiting~
-------------------------------------------
Ok, I'm coming online too. If you wouldn't mind, could we do 6 games so I can play all of my characters?

Author:   Cody
Date:   Feb 05, 11 at 11:42pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Blood Brawlers of Darkness: Thread LXIX - The Best is Yet to Come... ~Recruiting~
quote Artsy
Ok, I'm coming online too. If you wouldn't mind, could we do 6 games so I can play all of my characters?
Sure...we can play as many games as you want (I'm assuming these are friendlies?)

Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 12:18am (PST)
Good games, good games. As you can tell, I made a lot of mistakes. Especially at how horribly I was using the Gyro as ROB. That wasn't a good one for me. DX I was playing a better defensive game I noticed, but my offense is still lacking. There were also some terrible defense moments, but eh.

I don't know if you noticed how many attacks I had going off. While this seemed to benefit me, I also deduced a drawback on the "attack frenzy" or "attack wall" as I'll call them. Since you're one who's superb at approaching and punishing, I started using attacks whenever the possibility of me being attacked myself was present. First assumption would say that's safe, but I hardly got any of them off, so in the end it made my moves stale when I did hit you. This reduced my chance of scoring a K.O. and for the most part I noticed I didn't vary my moves I was using in my "attack walls" very much.

I don't know your opinion on whether this was more of a benefit or a hindrance for me. I would like your comments on this, and of course any other advice you have for me in general. I want to know what my basic strengths and weaknesses are before I try to go character specific, since my overall technical performance during those matches was still somewhat low IMO.

Good games, and please give me feedback.

Author:   Dragonmaster_Omega
Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 12:19am (PST)
I will be up for brawls when you guys are done.

Whether i brawl Artsy or Xing, i want friendlies, maybe EXP from Artsy later.

I still need to work on some characters. Which reminds me. Xing, remove MK from my backups and add wolf to it

Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 12:27am (PST)
Oh man, I haven't faced a good Wolf in god knows how long, and even longer since I've played as him. I think there was one member active back in 09 that had a good Wolf, though my brawling style has changed so much, I can't really say much about that.

I actually should grab a snack, and focus on whatever advice Xing has to give to me, so you'll probably be battling Xing Omega. Later on, like in an hour or so I will be glad to brawl you. I don't think I have since I left HoT for this crew's revival, and then some. It will be a good swing back into playing other people than just Xing, Jesse, and RS. XD

Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 12:33am (PST)
quote Artsy
Good games, good games. As you can tell, I made a lot of mistakes. Especially at how horribly I was using the Gyro as ROB. That wasn't a good one for me. DX I was playing a better defensive game I noticed, but my offense is still lacking. There were also some terrible defense moments, but eh.

I don't know if you noticed how many attacks I had going off. While this seemed to benefit me, I also deduced a drawback on the "attack frenzy" or "attack wall" as I'll call them. Since you're one who's superb at approaching and punishing, I started using attacks whenever the possibility of me being attacked myself was present. First assumption would say that's safe, but I hardly got any of them off, so in the end it made my moves stale when I did hit you. This reduced my chance of scoring a K.O. and for the most part I noticed I didn't vary my moves I was using in my "attack walls" very much.

I don't know your opinion on whether this was more of a benefit or a hindrance for me. I would like your comments on this, and of course any other advice you have for me in general. I want to know what my basic strengths and weaknesses are before I try to go character specific, since my overall technical performance during those matches was still somewhat low IMO.

Good games, and please give me feedback.
Good games indeed.

it's good that you can identify your own mistakes. Once you can do this in-game, while breaking down your opponent's mistakes as well as your own, you will be a great player.

you have a similar problem that THA has with her Sonic. I would say you're staying grounded a lot, and you often approach with tilts. Of course this is better than the smash/roll habit that you used to have, but there has to be some more variety IMO. With characters like ROB, Lucario and Marth, their aerial games are awesome. Use more fair/nair, ROB's nair is broken lolol. The hitbox lasts for 3162397 years and it kills. Air game > grounded game IMO

this is true for most characters, except for those weirdos like Olimar xD

So basically, just add in some aerials here and there. If you're marth then you should be doing fair all the time lol. Aerials are harder to punish than ground moves when spaced. Also you've gotten better at punishing.

Good stuff, I'm seeing improvement. =]

Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 12:43am (PST)
The Marth vs Rob MU is a solid 50-50, maaaaaaybe a little in Marth's favor. ROB and Marth both has a solid air game, but ROB's aerials are slightly more disjointed, Marth has a bit better of a ground game, ROB gets combo'd by him pretty badly.
ROB has projectiles so that gives him the advantage over Marth in that sense.
Pretty much, it is one of those matchups where it is simply whoever plays better wins.

Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 12:44am (PST)
quote Dragonmaster_Omega
The Marth vs Rob MU is a solid 50-50, maaaaaaybe a little in Marth's favor. ROB and Marth both has a solid air game, but ROB's aerials are slightly more disjointed, Marth has a bit better of a ground game, ROB gets combo'd by him pretty badly.
ROB has projectiles so that gives him the advantage over Marth in that sense.
Pretty much, it is one of those matchups where it is simply whoever plays better wins.

Actually I used Sonic

Author:   Ragnell Swinger
Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 12:47am (PST)
Pardon the tardiness..just got home from
a championship game

Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 12:48am (PST)
quote AnimalXing
Actually I used Sonic

Oh, well i saw Marth and ROB mentioned and my mind immediatly went to that, but either way, that is pretty much the MU for you =3

Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 12:52am (PST)
quote Ragnell Swinger
Pardon the tardiness..just got home from
a championship game

Great! How did that go?

Football?
quote Dragonmaster_Omega
Oh, well i saw Marth and ROB mentioned and my mind immediatly went to that, but either way, that is pretty much the MU for you =3
alright then lol

Author:   JesseTheKing
Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 1:10am (PST)
I'll probably be open for brawls in an hour or so.

Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 1:22am (PST)
GGs Omega, good wolf...dang that broken fsmash xD

I had to cut this short because dinner is ready. brb 15 minutes or so

I'll play ya at that time, Jesse.

Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 1:25am (PST)
*Note to self, when facing Marth as Wolf, opt for the edge-hog as opposed to the edgeguard.*

Yeah, GGs, i finally have my old touch with Wolf back, and i am glad to see i retained my spacing skill with him as well.

Date:   Feb 06, 11 at 1:41am (PST)
Isn't the marth-wolf matchup like ridiculously in Wolf's favor?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.